• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

4E Dungeons&Dragons With Noctis

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Lately I've really been wanting to throw down and play some D&D, but I find myself short on fellow players. As such I would like to extend to you, my good adventurers, the opportunity to explore vast and uncharted lands. The chance to delve into Dungeons deep, and caverns old.

For those of you with skill and luck there shall be great rewards. Items enchanted with arcane spells. Ancient treasures and a considerable amount of gold.

But be warned, the path to such things is not easy. Powerful monsters, and vile necromancers along with a host of other nefarious beings stand between you and our rightful rewards. Traps will be set in dark places, ready to claim the unwary.

For those of you who have experienced such wonderous things before I present a chance to return to familiar and glorious times. For those who are new I offer new worlds to explore with good friends and fine ale.

So, who is willing to except my offer, and step into the world of Dungeons And Dragons?

EDIT 1: Character Sheet https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.asp...charactersheet

List of CHaracter Builders. http://www.theplaywrite.com/dungeons-and-dragons/top-5-4th-edition-character-generators/

Last edited:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Ooh, I've never played Dungeons and Dragons before, but have always wanted to try. I'll join, but you have to tell me how to play.

Glad to have you aboard. Once a few more people have agreed to play I'll make sure everyone knws what they need to know to play.

Ideally I'd like at least three more people to join us, but we could make do with two more.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
The ultimate way to play:

wCzL97K.png

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'd dabbled in 3.5 but it was back when I was much younger and had neither the attention span or intelligence to understand the mechanics.

I've picked up 4e with a couple of friends and I'm having an absolute blast. Started simple with a half-orc ranger. Only problem is that getting together with friends is becoming more and more difficult, what with university and all that.

So sure, I'd be up for some shenanigans. Maybe even use this session to playtest my character at higher levels before I do something stupid with my irl party. :monster:

Will this all be taken from an established D&D scenario, or are you one of those DM loremasters who can create gripping, custom tales up on the spot? =P

edit: also goddamnit that's not how Bluff works. XDD

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I've always been interested in tabletop RPGs but have so far lacked anybody in RL to explore such an alley with.

If somebody could show how this would work over the internet then I may be extremely intrigued.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Are we doing this over the internet or in real life?

Well, I'd say over the internet myself. If we could actually get together a group IRL on a regular basis I'd be all for it, but we're a bit scattered for that I think. How does using Skype sound?

I'd dabbled in 3.5 but it was back when I was much younger and had neither the attention span or intelligence to understand the mechanics.

I've picked up 4e with a couple of friends and I'm having an absolute blast. Started simple with a half-orc ranger. Only problem is that getting together with friends is becoming more and more difficult, what with university and all that.

So sure, I'd be up for some shenanigans. Maybe even use this session to playtest my character at higher levels before I do something stupid with my irl party. :monster:

Will this all be taken from an established D&D scenario, or are you one of those DM loremasters who can create gripping, custom tales up on the spot? =P

edit: also goddamnit that's not how Bluff works. XDD

Well, I was planning on using the core world of 4th edition if thats cool. I like the setting and the characters that inhabit it. Or Ebberon, I like that one to.

I do however enjoy making up my own worlds and locations, so who knows? As far as that goes I'll leave it up to you guys whether we go pre-established or all original.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think if possible we should start off with a very basic, preset adventure/story scenario that doesn't require too much thought at first for the DM (which would be you i think~), just to have people get a grasp of what fundamentals make up tabletop roleplaying for 4e. Once we have enough encounters and roleplaying under the belt, I think then we can go wild with possibilities. :3

Also, Skype is good. We could also get an IRC channel or something, and set up a text system and use an RP thread to keep track of character sheets, chat logs, etc. Also if time differences are too great for all of us to meet at once, we can make our turns simply by posting actions on a thread, eg. when people have to leave on short notice:

My character moves to grid <letter><number>
As a standard action makes an attack against <enemy><number> (list die rolls and bonuses)
As a minor action uses <ability> that <does this thing>
end turn

Also, once we get enough people in an interest check we should iron out the basics first =P add 'maccaffrickstonson' on skype

Last edited:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I think if possible we should start off with a very basic, preset adventure/story scenario that doesn't require too much thought at first for the DM (which would be you i think~), just to have people get a grasp of what fundamentals make up tabletop roleplaying for 4e. Once we have enough encounters and roleplaying under the belt, I think then we can go wild with possibilities. :3

Also, Skype is good. We could also get an IRC channel or something, and set up a text system and use an RP thread to keep track of character sheets, chat logs, etc.

Also, once we get enough people in an interest check we should iron out the basics first =P add 'maccaffrickstonson' on skype =P

I was thinking along similiar lines myself. I already have a premade adventure we could work with. Keep on The Shadowfell I believe it was.

Assuming nobody is spoiled on that one yet it should be a good starting adventure to help everybody get into the swing of things.

EDIT: @ Ichimaru Gin. Well, theres a program called Roll20 we could use. It has everything we'd need really. We can make maps, it has a dice roller. I believe it also has text and voice chat options.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Do you have a character creator people can use?

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Do you have a character creator people can use?

I don't have one myself. My brother informs me that there is an official one you can use, but it requires a paid subscription to the D&D website.

On the other hand, that same website has downloadable versions of the character sheets. These are free, but would require all the character stats and information to be input manually.

That would most likely require the players handbook. I can provide that for those who don't have it.

Edit: I am looking into free character builders, bt the degree of quality I'm seeing thus far is less than inspiring.

Edit2: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/charactersheet

Theres a link for the character sheets. I'll ad this link to the first post as well. If I find a good character builder I'll link to it as well.

Last edited:

Hisako

AKA
Yeah the DM of my group irl has a subscription and I spring my character sheets from him - so the group shares the account. I don't think I'd be able to help you there though :monster:

Also, that sheet looks intimidating and ugh. The character builder sheet (the one that needs subscribing) is much nicer and user-friendly.

edit: you know what? I might look into subscribing, see how much it costs, and then decide from there. It would simplify things if we did it that way, since compared to the character sheet the builder really is a more intuitive option to use since it automagically determines all the available things to pick and choose from.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I think we should do it over the internet in the RP forum or on an irc channel. I'm unavailable otherwise, since if we met irl I'd most likely be unable to make it to the meeting location, and I couldn't meet you guys over Skype since I don't have a Skype.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I think we should do it over the internet in the RP forum or on an irc channel. I'm unavailable otherwise, since if we met irl I'd most likely be unable to make it to the meeting location, and I couldn't meet you guys over Skype since I don't have a Skype.

Well, Skype is fairly easy to get, and free. Even still, I'll go with whatever works best for everyone.

Edit: Although I should add I would prefer Skype, as their are certain materials I would like to share with anybody who is new to D&D. Skype provides by far the easiest way of sharing these things.

Also I have added a link to the first post. Its a list of different character builders you can look into, all of which seem to be fairly good.

Last edited:

Hisako

AKA
What stuff do you need to share? :monster:

EDIT: D&D Insider has https://www.wizards.com/DnD/Subscription.aspx these prices for subscription. They are a little pricey but imo pretty worth it, since it gives access to scenario material as well, iirc. The main pro about the official character builder imo is that it's pretty much impossible to abuse it and accidentally create illegal characters. It might not be important for some of us who have access to a rulebook and/or know their character's limits, but it should be a boon for most of us trying D&D out for the first time.

Mayhaps I'll pay for a month, maybe three, we can give it a spin, and then go from there if possibru. If people really get into it, we could even split the cost so maintaining the subscription would be a breeze. :monster:

Last edited:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
What stuff do you need to share? :monster:

EDIT: D&D Insider has https://www.wizards.com/DnD/Subscription.aspx these prices for subscription. They are a little pricey but imo pretty worth it, since it gives access to scenario material as well, iirc. The main pro about the official character builder imo is that it's pretty much impossible to abuse it and accidentally create illegal characters. It might not be important for some of us who have access to a rulebook and/or know their character's limits, but it should be a boon for most of us trying D&D out for the first time.

Mayhaps I'll pay for a month, maybe three, we can give it a spin, and then go from there if possibru. If people really get into it, we could even split the cost so maintaining the subscription would be a breeze. :monster:

Mostly I wanted to share a document or two that has the rules, character classes, and races in it for new players.

I do like the idea of having a shared account to use the character builder. We'd all have access to the account name and password, the character builder, and we could work out a way to split the payment, of just take turns.

If we wanted to do it that way of course. I would like to. I have fond memories of the official character builder.

On another note I'd like to have some discussion early on about what sort of characters everyone wants to play ahead of time. I don't want to run into the problem where we have like, five fighters running arund.

Hisako

AKA
Yeah we should let the newcomers decide what sort of characters they feel like playing before we really get into the meat and bones of the ruleset. =P

@new potential players: Since this is Dungeons and Dragons we're talking about, chances are that if there's a fantasy archetype you want to roleplay as, there's a pretty good chance there's a race/class for that. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'd really love to get into this with you guys but my schedule goes and up and down sporadically. I wouldn't ever really be able to commit to a time to sit down and get together.

If the system called for a case where it could be done like a forum, leave a message or w/e and then people respond whenever, then it'd work better for me. I don't want to ruin the experience for you guys though. :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I'm so tempted to sign up for this. I do a RL D&D but it has stalled because of a recent birth. Understandable. But I'm getting angsty for some good old roleplaying.

I wouldn't mind playing a paladin or a mage. What were you guys thinking of?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I shall become a wizard paladin named NORG who fights with laser swords. Is that allowed?

Also, I feel like we should use the RP Forum for this, since it hasn't been used in a while.

Hisako

AKA
Wizard paladin, yes

laser swords, no :monster:
Also yeah I think it'd also be cool if we did it play-by-post, to keep it as stress-free as possible. As much as I'd love for all of us to come together at once and have a session over skype, I just don't think that might be possible a lot of the time.

But if we set up a play-by-post system we can easily mitigate the problems people get from having live sessions, ie. only being able to play together once in a blue moon and when the stars align for everyone to have free time. People can play their turns whenever they can without the stress of the party egging them on, and although we might not complete an encounter in a traditional sitting we can theoretically progress forward at a steady pace.

This doesn't mean we can't use Skype to organise it and occasionally play a session during holidays or something, but I think we just need a thread setup for keeping progress on the fly.

edit: I've been rolling a half-orc ranger in my irl sessions for now, so I'd like to recycle that in. I think if we get a paladin and cleric that's half the party right there, nice and basic :monster:

Top Bottom