About Adel's Size

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Something that never made sense to me in FFVIII, was Adel being a giant. Yes, I know that sorceresses suffer "mutations" because of their powers, and can look like monsters because of it, some times. But we saw Adel in Laguna's flashback, and her size was normal.
I would understand if this change happened, because of something she did during the years between Laguna's time and Squall's time, but... This isn't possible, because she was sealed during this time.

So, can someone explain it? Maybe something stated or implied in the game, that I forgot or didn't pay attention to.
And if it's not known, you can tell me your theories about it.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Something that never made sense to me in FFVIII, was Adel being a giant. Yes, I know that sorceresses suffer "mutations" because of their powers, and can look like monsters because of it, some times. But we saw Adel in Laguna's flashback, and her size was normal.
I would understand if this change happened, because of something she did during the years between Laguna's time and Squall's time, but... This isn't possible, because she was sealed during this time.

So, can someone explain it? Maybe something stated or implied in the game, that I forgot or didn't pay attention to.
And if it's not known, you can tell me your theories about it.

Im guessing SE just thought that having a final boss that was the same size as the normal characters was just weak.
I mean in almost every title minus the very last segement of FFVII the end bosses have outsized the normal characters easily.
Christ even kuja grew a pair by the end of 9.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Wasn't she really big in Laguna's flashbacks as well? I remember her being a tall bitch.
Although she might've been even taller in that battle, I can't really remember.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
He's talking about Adel, that manlady sorceress that was sealed in a satellite in space by Ester and Laguna. The one who junctioned Rinoa to her chest and was fought in the Lunatic Pandora.

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. I figure she was probably a giant in the story but the in game cutscenes just presented her as normal size due to convenience. If you look at her size in the CGI cutscenes she's huge. I think thats how she's meant to be.

Christ, instead of worrying about who to pass her powers onto she should've been looking into some goddamn hormone replacement therapy. Fucking ugly bitch.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I seriously want to ask Nomura what the fuck he was smoking when designing Adel.

Was she supposed to be the token ugly fuck or something? I mean all the other sorceresses look moderately good to attractive but then you have Adel looking like a drag-queen. Her chin is stronger than Superman for fuck's sake.

I mean, I guess when you have all the magical power in the world and can rule with an iron-fist...looks and cosmetics take a back seat but still. One should always take pride and care in their appearance.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I mean all the other sorceresses look moderately good to attractive

The last sorceress you fight during Time Compression, looks like a monster.

As I said, my problem isn't with Adel's appearance, because we have an explanation about it in the story(sorceress powers changing the physical appearance of the host). My problem is with her unexplained size change.
What would you think, if you saw Sephiroth in Cloud's flashback, exactly like he looked in the game, but when you met him in the present time, his skin was blue? Wouldn't you want an explanation?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I think it's just a continuity hiccup. I think it might be easy for a character designer to forget to make a woman giant sized from one scene to another.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Maybe Adel suffered a mutation after juctioning Rinoa with herself and grew up a bit in order to engulf Rinoa's body with her own.

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
I was too busy having my mind blown by how disgustingly man like she was to notice her height. I think she and Kuja need to swap genders.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
She once tried to enter the WWE as a fighter, but they refused her because they were afraid of her.

Poor Adel saw her dream shattered, so she decided to conquer Esthar and fuck up the entire world! :monster:

Midnyte92

Mage-Like Girl
AKA
Air
Adel is pretty tall, and musclely and man like

I use to think that that thing was a man until my brother explained to me that it was a women, but I still don't see how it is a women, I mean it's tall, musclely, and has a mans face. how is Adel a women ??????:loopy::loopy:

Andalegogo

Rueful Figure
Ah, Adel. Man, she looked freakin awesome. I've never understood why, but whenever I think of Adel I am just as soon associating her with the Snow Witches and those Pollensalitas(sp?) from FF7, somehow expecting her to cast something like "Fascination". And because of this fascination the bizarre image of 70's Bowie parades in as well. Enticing.

Oh, Adel.

If anyone's got a pic of this "normal" version people are talking about, I wouldn't mind seein' it. I thought she was always the supreme madame Squall got to meet in Lunatic Pandora. If she was ever in a smaller, cuter form....I must see.

Nikkolas

Banned
As far as I could tell from Laguna's flashback, she's always been very tall.

Which brings me to why I bumped this...where are Rinoa's changes? Adel and Ulty both look pretty weird. Even Edea had some weird eyes IIRC. Why doesn't Rinoa show any mystical deformities or alterations?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
She'll get deformed in time. I'm just disappointed that SE didn't show it for a good ending. :awesome: I'd love to see Rinoa looking horrible for once.

Although Edea was a very beautiful sorceress. What were her alterations again?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
A sorceress will only change and become deformed if they become warped by their power. Sorceresses who have lived peacefully and have not harbored such dark ambitions and power never end up looking different than regular people. So there's no reason to think Rinoa will change or go ugly at all. She already grows wings when she uses her Sorceress powers anyways.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Which isn't exactly fair because the wings made her prettier and not deformed at all. Unless we use FFVII's view on wings = monster. :monster:

Anyway, that's just me being mean and hating on Rinoa.

Hmm, but then the reason why Edea was still so pretty was because she didn't harbor dark ambitions much, right? At least, from the start...?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Edea's veins and eyes were a bit off thanks to Ultimecia possessing her, but yeah. She was never bad to begin with. And when she lost her Sorceress powers, she looked normal again.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Okay, that explains things. :monster: Thanks.

I always thought SE was just keeping with the beauty even with the villains, what with Seifer being good-looking and Edea all pretty. Until Adel came along. It always confused me as to why she was referred to as a 'sorceress' when she looked like a manly man. Manlier than any man on FFVIII. :monster:

Top Bottom