About that remake...

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Important Compilation News!: Nothing has changed!

This is this news? Really? They've been saying the same thing for year after year after year. Maybe when they change their tune it'll be worth reporting.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Cloud will appear in other games as a guest character?!?!?!?!

Yay. >_>; I really don't see what's so special about Cloud in the first place!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I can't wait till I get to play as Cloud on my N-Gage.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
You never know, he did once say Namine and Kairi weren't related :monster:

But I think this is good news :D

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It's a shame though, because a lot of new gamers need pretty and can't stand the old FFVII graphics. Even when the story is really good D:

I can just hope one day they'll get arsed :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
People accuse SE of being money-grubbing and milking cash cows. But this is such a huge amount of money on the table right here.

Even if it was shitty I guarantee you it would still garner a profit. I have no desire for them to make a shitty one, mind you, I'm just saying, if they're so obsessed with money, why haven't they done this yet? (I'm not trying to argue that they don't milk their franchises either, just trying to make sense of it)

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
FF7 Remake no, Cloud cameo's yes

January 25, 2010 - That magic combination of "Final Fantasy VII" and "Remake" has been appearing in Japanese headlines of late. But, once again, we're still not sure if we're going to be getting a new version of the PlayStation classic.

FFVII main character Cloud Strife creator Tetsuya Nomura is the one doing the talking this time. In a recent Famitsu interview, the powerful Square Enix producer said the following of FFVII and the Cloud character: "Fans are looking forward to an oft rumored remake of FFVII, but I don't believe this will happen for the time being. However, it's possible that he [Cloud] will appear in other titles as a guest character."

There's a half full/half empty view to Nomura's comments. On the negative side, unless Nomura is fibbing, there won't be a FFVII remake any time soon. But taking a more positive view, at least Nomura's comments don't rule out the possibility of a remake.

And, of course, if you're into the Cloud character, Nomura's comments are a good sign that we can expect additional cameos. Cloud has appeared in a number of Square Enix titles, including Dissidia Final Fantasy and Japan-only titles like board game series Itadaki Street.

Nomura's comments actually came as part of a Famitsu feature devoted to the Cloud character. The magazine has been running a feature that looks at the most popular characters as selected by its readers. Mario was the first character to be featured. Cloud is second, so it seems that gamers in Japan do want to see more of the spiky-haired hero.

Source:IGN.com

Any thoughts upon this?

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Sorry, Kuraudo, just a bit late :-P *merged*

Have you been around though? I haven't seen much of you.

Looking to get into College, working to make ends meet. Other than that I am free. Yea noticed I was late after I saw the merged threads lol.

Something still tells me FF7 might be in the works if many places are saying so you know? But then again SE is always straight forward about there not being a remake lol.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
You know, this my thought about this. Rumor has it that Noruma is under great pressure because he insistes on making Versus XIII on PS3 rather than give a spin-off to Nintendo DS. Probably not rumor, because I've seen some magazines reported that Nomura said this himself.
Also (this is a real rumor now), Nomura probably will leave Square Enix. So, I think he is using FF VII to bargain with the company. Sort of like "wanna make money with a remake of FF VII, my Versus should only be for PS3".
Some people argued that he is a Sony supporter, since FF VII was released on PS and a greater success than the former six.
Does Nomura own FF VII or Square Enix totally took it over now? Tha's my question. If the former is true, this theory might make some sense.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Nomura wouldn't really own anything, I think. It would belong to Square Enix as a company rather than him as an individual.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
But he doesn't own the character design?
Poor Nomura. You'd better not leave Square Enix then.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Nope, he'll always get credit for drawing them, but he doesn't own it. Just like when Sakaguchi left, he couldn't take Final Fantasy with him.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I don't understand SE. This is easy money they're passing up. FF7 is only going to recede further and further in the collective consciousness of gamers as time goes on.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Kind of funny. Didn't hear about Noruma and that stuff till now. Wow. Lol. Well if he does leave, don't they have some sort of new character designer anyways? Well I think many people wouldn't mind applying for his job if he left. Should be grateful.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
Kind of funny. Didn't hear about Noruma and that stuff till now. Wow. Lol. Well if he does leave, don't they have some sort of new character designer anyways? Well I think many people wouldn't mind applying for his job if he left. Should be grateful.

In a forum I lurked, someone posted a Japanese article claiming that Nomura is going to leave. The font was way to small so I didn't delve into it. I thought it probably was a fake. Don't get really serious in this. I'm just too boring to bring this up.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
The only thing I heard was that, after Fabula Nova Crystallis, Nomura was leaving the FF franchise to concentrate in his other projects, mainly KH. It was some time ago and no one had proofs wether this info was true or not.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, you can check scans from the Famitsu tribute to Cloud Strife in here.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
The only thing I heard was that, after Fabula Nova Crystallis, Nomura was leaving the FF franchise to concentrate in his other projects, mainly KH. It was some time ago and no one had proofs wether this info was true or not.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, you can check scans from the Famitsu tribute to Cloud Strife in here.

So actually he was leaving FF for KH, not SE? The article didn't say anything about that. I've seen one photoshoped pic about Nomura who was shouting words like " I'll protect Versus 13" with a buster sword on his back. The words were in Japanese so I guess Japanese fans did hear some rumor?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
People accuse SE of being money-grubbing and milking cash cows. But this is such a huge amount of money on the table right here.

Even if it was shitty I guarantee you it would still garner a profit. I have no desire for them to make a shitty one, mind you, I'm just saying, if they're so obsessed with money, why haven't they done this yet?

It's still a good possibility that a completely new game -- the development level of which a FFVII remake would be even with -- would sell better than any remake. Even if that remake is FFVII.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

He did say that Versus XIII was the last FF he's gonna direct.
Mind you, it's also only the second FF title he ever directed, lol.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
It's still a good possibility that a completely new game -- the development level of which a FFVII remake would be even with -- would sell better than any remake. Even if that remake is FFVII.

Do you mean a new Compilation title?

I as much as anyone would totally go out and buy a remake, cause i love this game, I highly doubt a remake though, especially now that it is available for the PS3 in the online store..

So, SE still make profit from selling the game for a tenner :lol:

Top Bottom