AC/CC >> Remake Buster Sword Changes

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Takeya's art book arrived the other day and brought back so many memories, but especially with this particular Final Fantasy Creatures series.

WAY back in the day I picked up the Vol. 3 Diamond Weapon & Seymour Natus as well as Vol. 4 Sapphire Weapon & Neo Bahamut (pretty sure this was still during the times of ACF since they released in 2003 & 2004 respectively). I think that I ended up being super lucky with the blind box draws, as those are the only 4 figures that I have of any of this series and I know that Bahamut ZERO was a part of the Vol. 3 release which I'd've gone for in lieu of Seymour if I'd have bought them uniquely. My Sapphire Weapon is the colored variant and unfortunately it lost its right fin a long while back (likely during a move) since all the little separately attached limbs are really difficult to get to stay in place), so I've had to position him to obscure it whenever I display them unfortunately.

The Sephiroth one that Suzaku has pictured above was the secret one released in 2005 and I remember that I wasn't overly interested in going for that especially with the low odds of actually landing it.

When looking at the art, I remembered that seeing the Arthur figure from Vol 1 is what initially drew me to even being aware of that series, but I never got a hold of any of those figures from the first two volumes nor from any of the subsequent ones. Despite having those 4 directly beside my desk in a display cabinet now, I hadn't even thought about the other figures that had gotten released with those other series in years, as they just ended up being little obscure things that I'd picked up and forgotten about when entirely until seeing all of these things again.

The Master Series apparently started in 2006 and those ones are all 6" rather than 3.5" which I looked up since, while looking through Takeya's artwork I was really surprised that there was a full "Knights of the Round" figure and not just an Arthur one, as I had no idea how one would possibly ever manage to get those details into something in the tiny 3.5" scale of those other figures. I also learned that for some crazy reason in the later Creatures Kai Series, both Chaos Vincent from Dirge of Cerberus and the Shadow Creeper from Advent Children got omitted from the International Sets.

It's surprising just how much of his artwork and sculpture design stuff I've ended up running across over the years.

Lastly, with all of the sporadic designs we've got strewn across Ever Crisis and the fact that Cloud & Zack have individual weapon lists, I'm rather surprised that we haven't seen a Compilation-style Buster Sword for Zack show up in that game yet.
:awesomonster:

X :neo:

Top Bottom