• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

AC/CC >> Remake Buster Sword Changes

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yet, as has been pointed out to you several times, Nomura already said the remake will be connected with the Compilation. So what is being assumed there?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
:huh:When did he say that?

Plus, I was just agreeing with SOLDIER X about the confusion with the Buster Sword's revelation at the moment. Then again, I have said months ago that maybe bolt part of the sword which was used in the original game was a cover for the gold part that was seen and used for AC and CC.

Random Nobody

local roach

............The rat faces

the voice acting

a77a91f86f7a92700a8f1a4ba99a6fb3.599x418x1.jpg

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

............The rat faces

the voice acting

I like the current voices of the FFVII characters(AC/ACC, CC, DoC, KH, ect.), and it does take in getting used to. My main issue is when they change the voice actors of the characters which irriates me to no end because it doesn't sound like what I'm used to, and in most cases the new voice actors doesn't suit them either.

Well, Aerith is an exception because I prefer her voice actress from AC and KH2. Mandy Moore sounded a bit off to me, and I personally don't care about Hojo because I can fully understand Paul Eiding not wanting to voice him anymore either.

You have got to be joking.

Well, I'm mostly busy with other things so I end up either forgetting or not knowing. Sorry about that.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Twice. Here and here:

Some parts in the Compilation that have been difficult to understand will be connected better in the Remake.
[The above is from an article summarizing what he said rather than a direct quote. His original comment was コンピレーション作品で登場した設定について、説明不足なんだろうなと感じる部分もあり、そこをきさんとつなぐということですね]
The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII added new wrinkles to the story and lore behind the game. How is the team approaching the integration of those new elements into the remake?
It’s not to say that all or some of the characters from the spin-offs or other Compilation works will appear in the remake, but if there are any areas where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing.

So, there isn’t any pressure to include every character and storyline from the Compilation content?
Yes, there may be instances where the characters appear themselves, or are just referenced in dialogue. But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.
[The above was actually said by Kitase, but which key developer said it isn't really the point.]

And you've been reminded of this on numerous occasions -- some of which can be seen here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Right. Thanks.

Maybe we'll see something more at some point this year on both on the Remake and KH3...maybe at Jump Festa in December or September at the earliest?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2017_02-18-17_002.jpg

And today we come full circle back, and we've got proof that the Remake Buster Sword is still using the non-Compilation hilt, so we've basically confirmed that both versions exist in the Remake now.

X :neo:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Appreciate the update, but we won't know anything for certain until the game is released. If the game comes out and it's Comp-sword-only, or if it's the same weapon progression as the OG, or if Cloud uses Aerith's umbrella and nothing else, that's the privilege of the developers. Trailers shmailers, screenshots schmeenschots. If Rogue One taught us anything it's this: "Actual footage may vary greatly from marketing material."

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well, if Mobius was, in fact, directly utilizing the FFVII Remake assets as it's been stated, then it does mean that as it currently stands, the Remake has assets for both Cloud's more OG design Buster Sword & the Compilation version. Whether or not they make it into the final game — who knows, but that's kind of irrelevant given that the topic is discussing the design chsnges as they are now, and not as they hypothetically might be in the final iteration used for release.

The point of interest here is that they didn't just completely redesign it in a vacuum, but both the Compilation and Remake versions both exist as assets which lends support to the idea that the change is one we'd likely be able to see within the game itself. Hell, I wonder if the Compilation version will be shown that way in Cloud's recaps/flashbacks.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm kinda curious if it's two different Buster Swords you can equip, one sort of as an Easter Egg named Zack's sword or something (even though they both are but whatevs).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'd be a little sad if it was a strictly cosmetic thing (and it seems odd to design those sorts of things early on), but if that's what it is, I'd still be happy to be able to use both at my leisure (I can only assume that I'd use it in the final battle like I typically do).

Ite

AKA
Ite
X-SOLDIER: you and others have consistently used the word "confirmed" when referring to the Comp sword's presence in FF7R. Your evidence seems to be that the developers have said they used FF7R assets in their latest cell phone game. It looks like the Guard Scorpion, Cloud's model, and some scenery have been used. I have questions:

1. Did the developers say that they exclusively used FF7R assets in Möbius?

2. If not, how does the presence of the Comp sword in Möbius guarantee or confirm anything?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
X-SOLDIER: you and others have consistently used the word "confirmed" when referring to the Comp sword's presence in FF7R. Your evidence seems to be that the developers have said they used FF7R assets in their latest cell phone game. It looks like the Guard Scorpion, Cloud's model, and some scenery have been used. I have questions:

1. Did the developers say that they exclusively used FF7R assets in Möbius?

2. If not, how does the presence of the Comp sword in Möbius guarantee or confirm anything?

Well, quoting the post where I initially brought this up & re-emphasizing the official confirmation statement:

In the video that IGN just put out with the collection of all the CG cutscenes in part 1 of the Final Fantasy 7 event in Mobius, & it states that, "ALL OF THE ASSETS USED FOR THE EVENT ARE RIPPED FROM THE FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT." But as we saw in the initial trailers, this Cloud is using the Compilation Buster Sword, and not the one we've currently seen in other Remake gameplay.

So to answer your first question: Yes. Yes they did. Which makes your second question irrelevant.

I am and have been using the word "confirmed" in its official capacity and not in a hypothetical assumptive way, specifically because of that.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Man, I look forward to seeing Cloud with distinctly shades of blue in his eyes between before and after mako infusion (and the fake and real flashbacks).

Ite

AKA
Ite
All right, I'm satisfied. Sorry that I doubted you. Thanks for the extra leg work.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Also doesn't mean everything was used as is and that nothing has been altered.

Tets, I love you, bro, but in the interview from that link you posted, Kitase even says "I am extremely happy to be able to show one aspect of the game in this fashion before the main game arrives. This was made possible because the specifications of MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY allow us to utilize the data from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE as is."

:monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The other point you made (regarding Sephiroth) could only apply to the newest collaboration event. The interview discussed the prior event, from more than a year ago. Sephiroth's inclusion in a new event hadn't even been announced when this interview was published.

So, that other point doesn't stand at all.

Besides, does it really make sense for them to identify lifting everything from Cloud to the mako reactor itself only for Cloud's sword to be some sole exception just to keep us here at TLS guessing? I really doubt it.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Not to mention that the scenes of the upcoming Final Fantasy VII event in Mobius is just the same as the event gameplay from either last year or 2015, just translated and dubbed in english, so the cutscenes are already one or two years old.

Should've mentioned this but I forgot.

Well, the only way to found out is for the actual game to come out. Plus, Mobius is a spin-off game.

Top Bottom