• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

AC/CC >> Remake Buster Sword Changes

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
My main point was that it has not been confirmed that remake assets have been used exclusively like X claimed. That point very much stands.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well, like I said, the only thing to do is wait until the said game comes out. Would've been cool that both assests of the OG and the Compilation of the Buster Sword were used for the Remake, though.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I agree Tash! It would be awesome to see both swords in the game. Let's keep hoping ^_^

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My main point was that it has not been confirmed that remake assets have been used exclusively like X claimed. That point very much stands.
Well, again, it's not really something that should reasonably need special confirmation. Again, unless you want to propose that they imported the Guard Scorpion, the mako reactor, and Cloud himself -- but not his sword.

Which you're free to propose. It's just not really a thing I'm going to give legitimate consideration based on only that no one went out of their way to say it didn't happen that way.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Um, don't think it's a little bit silly to argue about the connection with Mobius and FFVII Remake when the latter is just a mobile spin-off game? Plus, Cloud has made several appearences outside Final Fantasy VII for years, starting with the first Kingdom Hearts game, and even there the Buster Sword made it's appearence even though it was all bandaged up for some reason.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Um, don't think it's a little bit silly to argue about the connection with Mobius and FFVII Remake when the latter is just a mobile spin-off game? Plus, Cloud has made several appearences outside Final Fantasy VII for years, starting with the first Kingdom Hearts game, and even there the Buster Sword made it's appearence even though it was all bandaged up for some reason.

In the video that IGN just put out with the collection of all the CG cutscenes in part 1 of the Final Fantasy 7 event in Mobius, & it states that, "ALL OF THE ASSETS USED FOR THE EVENT ARE RIPPED FROM THE FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT." But as we saw in the initial trailers, this Cloud is using the Compilation Buster Sword, and not the one we've currently seen in other Remake gameplay.

...in the interview from that link you posted, Kitase even says "I am extremely happy to be able to show one aspect of the game in this fashion before the main game arrives. This was made possible because the specifications of MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY allow us to utilize the data from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE as is."

No. It's not silly to argue that there's a connection when Mobius is LITERALLY USING THE DATA FROM THE FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. It's not a thematic connection, or even just borrowing the character. The FFVII event things are LITERALLY ASSETS FROM THE FFVII REMAKE IN DEVELOPMENT BEING USED IN ANOTHER GAME.

To reiterate: The people working on Mobius didn't just design their game's version of Cloud & the other FFVII stuff, they LITERALLY TOOK ALL OF THE FFVII DATA DIRECTLY FROM THE REMAKE.

I LITERALLY cannot be any more clear about this.

X :neo:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

I love how calm X has been through the last 2 pages in spite of all the doubt. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Cloud & Zack at 1:31

Interestingly they wield two different Buster Swords. Cloud has the bolt design and Zack has the wing design. I could be wrong but Zack's sword looks a bit longer.

Interesting that Cloud and Zack are using different assets for their Buster Swords here. Clearly Cloud also ground down the blade to be smaller as well, so it looks like accurate measurements might be difficult.

:bigawesomonster:

X :neo:

hleV

Pro Adventurer
Oh no, that bolt handguard color goes against everything we knew so far!

This topic is the best.

Last edited:

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
I didn't read through the whole thread, just skimmed through the first page and read this last one.
I like the fact that this theory is going around. I first read about it on GameFAQs where Chip mentioned it a few times (maybe it was even him who came up with it. Not sure, though).

But... what the heck is up with the WoFF Meli-Melo Cloud and his golden Buster Sword mutation? Buster Sword Version 2? :wacky:

Anyway, I also integrated this theory into my latest analysis video, so be sure to check it out: https://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20245

hleV

Pro Adventurer
I was re-reading this topic (because it's epic) and I think I figured it out.

They took off the golden handguard and sold it (because it's GOLDEN).
Then replaced it with some scrap junk because Cloud still needed a functioning sword.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I don't know why anyone is bothering to talk about Tifa's supposed body proportion size differences, when the far more earth-shatteringly important matter of REAL CANON proportional size differences of the Buster Sword still exist.
:awesomonster:

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.47.10 AM.png

Also, what if Hardedge is actually just an enhancement of even MORE metal over the top of the Buster Sword's blade!? :awesome:

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.31.35 PM.png
^They're just as shocked as you are right now.

THESE ARE THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, PEOPLE!!!

X:neo:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Still the one true rendition :monster:
063.jpg

hleV

Pro Adventurer
I'm hoping for a flashback in the last Remake part where some thugs find a comatose Cloud and the Buster Sword with its shiny gold handguard. They try to take the sword but can't move it, so they use some tools to split off the gold part. Later Cloud fixes it by attaching the bolt handguard.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I’m still holding out for hope that the final Remake installment has Cloud removing the bolt handle-guard and revealing the gold one (after all his memories are fixed/returned), and it upgrades the Buster Sword’s stats dramatically, so that it acts like a new secondary “ultimate weapon” Cloud, so it can justify in narrative why Cloud would use the Buster Sword in the final Northern Crater confrontation with Sephiroth.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I actually made a $5 bet with my friend way back in 2015 about whether the Buster Sword's design change would be a plot point or not. I was on the side that it would be, because it would be a brilliant little way to justify the design difference between the OG and AC/CC, and it would make a nice little encapsulation for Cloud's arc (removing the bulky, crude alteration to reveal the original underneath.) With how many other design elements have been changed though, I'm starting to think it was probably an artistic choice rather than a narrative one. I want that $5 though...

hleV

Pro Adventurer
I actually made a $5 bet with my friend way back in 2015 about whether the Buster Sword's design change would be a plot point or not. I was on the side that it would be, because it would be a brilliant little way to justify the design difference between the OG and AC/CC, and it would make a nice little encapsulation for Cloud's arc (removing the bulky, crude alteration to reveal the original underneath.) With how many other design elements have been changed though, I'm starting to think it was probably an artistic choice rather than a narrative one. I want that $5 though...
Plus it's impossible, because the gold handguard doesn't fit underneath the bolted one!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Plus it's impossible, because the gold handguard doesn't fit underneath the bolted one!

I'm more subscribed to the theory that Cloud would have replaced the gold box with the riveted box rather than covering it with the riveted box, if this turns out to actually be a thing. I like the idea that the Gold part got stolen while Cloud was still disoriented, and that the riveted hand gaurd was a crude fix. Maybe after getting his memory back, Cloud would be able to find the original creator of the Buster Sword and have it restored to how it originally was, making it a more powerful weapon in the process.

All that said, it's probably just a design choice at this point (and I like the classic look for the sword more anyway.) If it turned out to be a plot point, would we also explain Sephiroth's new belt? Aerith's new dress? Probably not.

crxss

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Chris
The gold hilt doesn’t exist in FF7R. It’s just a new design based on the original.

This flashback in AC disproves this theory
fWoLXSm.jpg

Top Bottom