ACC: my mother's impressions

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
So... I wanted to watch ACC again, and I made my mother watch it with me (she had watched it once but that was some time ago). I think it's funny to see someone's reaction to the movie when they don't know anything about the game and/or the characters :lol: Although she remembered some parts of the movie! (Tifa and Loz's fight in the church and Marlene being kidnapped)

Some of her comments:

• Marlene has the face of a woman despite being a child
  • Kadaj is crazy
  • "Tifa is in love with Cloud, right?" -actually, she called her Tifany-
  • Cloud's sword is not a sword, it's a machete
  • She found Reno and Rude very funny
  • She asked me what was in the box after Kadaj started crying in the church
  • She commented on how dry the area around Midgar was (Wastelands)
  • For some reason, when Zack appeared for the first time, she thought it was the same person as Rufus...? (before the scene when you see him die)
  • Cait Sith made her laugh too
  • During the battle between Cloud and Sephiroth she said something like "THIS is a battle. For how long has been Cloud fighting?"
  • When Zack appears to help Cloud in the final battle, she said that he was cute too (I imagine the other cute one was Cloud) and commented something about his hair
  • In the end, when Aerith leaves, she said "At last the mother is leaving". After I told her that she wasn't the "mother", she asked "Was she Cloud's girlfriend?"... Don't go in there, mom!
If I remember anything else I'll edit this post :lol:

EDIT:

• At the beginning of the movie, when Nanaki appears with his cubs and roars, she said that it was like The Lion King
  • During the chase on the highway, when Cloud is fighting Loz and Yazoo in the tunnel, she said something like it was too much for Cloud alone (it is clear that she doesn't know him ;))

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
My mom used to be a gamer back in the day. She got hooked in the NES days, then decided not to game anymore because she'd be playing all day and she would almost neglect her "duties". Now she only plays Candy Crush :(

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think my parents just humored me when I watched AC with them, I'm pretty sure they liked the visuals, but were going full WTF when it came to the story and everything, :monster:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I think my parents just humored me when I watched AC with them, I'm pretty sure they liked the visuals, but were going full WTF when it came to the story and everything, :monster:

I wonder how they would have reacted to Spirits Within.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Probably less WTFy, given how it's more of a self-contained story; AC was definitely a sequel with a lot of fanservice, mostly because most of the characters were just randomly plunked in there without any kind of introduction.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Probably less WTFy, given how it's more of a self-contained story; AC was definitely a sequel with a lot of fanservice, mostly because most of the characters were just randomly plunked in there without any kind of introduction.

That's what happens when you make your movie more about being aimed a the fans who know the lore than inviting to outsiders. Plus there is one new character that even the fans didn't know that much at first.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
What Yop says. My father watched Spirits Within. He didn't particularly like it, but the visuals and especially for the time were quite impressive.

AC(C) on the other hand... I didn't even try. That would've been silly :lol: .

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
What Yop says. My father watched Spirits Within. He didn't particularly like it, but the visuals and especially for the time were quite impressive.

AC(C) on the other hand... I didn't even try. That would've been silly :lol: .

That reminds me of what Sokka said about that play they saw on Ember Island.

Sokka: But the effects were decent.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
my parents are so bland with this kind of stuff. I will make attempt to rectify this with my own children.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
And eventually, it's okay if people don't like the same things you're into.

Also stop talking about kids, planning ahead to an event that may not even happen is wasted effort imho, :monster:

Lex

Administrator
And eventually, it's okay if people don't like the same things you're into.

There are people who don't like what you're into, then there are people who make absolutely no effort to understand it before making a judgement. 99.99% of parents are in the second category, they automatically assume "it's for kids" because their kids are watching it (even if their kids are in their 20's).

Also, stop being a buzzkill. :D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Pff, no u :monster:. Also I told kids (my siblings) they were retards for watching that shit they watched back when I was a kid. Or something. Ageism! :monster:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
my parents' reaction watching it. my mom looked at it for the first time and it was my first time too. then we asked could dad look at it with all of us together, and he agreed. so these moments are mixed a bit. :/

Mom: SEPHIROTH LOOKS SO GAY!
Me: Mom, Sephiroth only looks beautiful. He is one of the men called Bishounens, literally meaning "Beautiful Boy". Just because he looks like a girl doesn't mean that he is gay. He doesn't even act gay.
Mom: He STILL looks gay.
Me: Just because he has long hair.....?
Mom: YES!
Me: *shrugs* Ok......

Dad: WOW WHAT GIRL IS THAT?! What's her name?
Me: *facepalm* Dad, that "girl" is a guy. And if you look at Sephiroth enough you will see he doesn't look like a girl at all, just a really good looking guy. Just look at his chest. See? No boobs.
Dad: You SURE he isn't gay?
Me: Yeap.

Dad: *exaggerating on how "bad' the movie is by huge sighs*
Mom: WOW CLOUD IS SOOOOOOOOOO EMO like you kids say!
Me: Mom, Cloud has gone through so much punishment in the past. He isn't an emo. His friends got killed, he suffered from new personality disorder, never reached his dreams, his promises were too late for him, and he-
Mom: Yea, whatever HE'S EMO!

Mom *when Aerith comes on screen for the 1st time*:Who's she?
My bro: Yuffie (LOL)
Me: That's Aerith!
My bro: Oh.....
(i know the most out of all my family of FF in general)
Mom: What's the matter with her? Why isn't Cloud looking at her?
Me: He feels guilty of her death. He thinks it's his fault.
Mom: Is it?
Me: I said he THINKS it's he fault. No.
Mom: Oh....*quite for a while* What about that girl?
Me: What girl?
Mom: That girl. *points at Tifa*
Me: That's Tifa. What about her?
Mom: Doesn't she like Cloud?
Me: Yea. She does-
Mom: OH! Who on EARTH is that girl?
Me: *laughs* That's a boy! His name is Yazoo!
Mom *cringing*: Ohh...*whispers* Does he have to look so gay?

*Half of the movie is done*
Dad: I like his sword (Kadaj's). It's nice.
*Mom nods*: Yes. It is pretty cool.

Me: So what do you think of the movie mom?
Mom: Weeell, I don't get the storyline, but the graphics are really beautiful!
Me: It came out in 2005.
Mom: 2005??!?!?!??! YOU SERIOUS?
*I nod*
Mom: YOU SURE YOU GOT THE DATE RIGHT?!
*I look it up for her*
*Mom whistles*
Mom: Wow...
Me: Since you hate the movie, and we made a deal that you had to watch half of it, you don't have to watch the rest tomorrow.
Mom: Oh, no, no....I'll just watch the rest tomorrow. And see how bad it is. Anyway I want to see what turns out.
Me *smiles*: Sure. Whatever you say!

*Next Day (well, night)*

Mom: Wait, I think I've got it. Cloud loves Tifa! (she saw the Too Late scene)
Me: Apparently.
Mom: So...what about that Pink girl?
Me: Aerith? She loves him too. I think it's because of Zack. (i didnt know about the full view of the LTD yet)
Mom: Zack?
Me: Yea. He got killed too. Cloud has his memories.

*Mom is silent for a while*

Mom: Sooo...all of this is over a video game?
Me: Games are much more developed than from the Pacman years. This game is really awesome.
Mom: Yeah, because it has gay men in it!
Me: ..........

Dad: I thought he was bad! (sees scene when Kadaj gets redeemed)
Me: Yeah, but he couldn't help it.
Dad: ...Whatever..

Mom: Wow, these fight scenes are cool!
Me: Yup.
Mom: You sure it's sill in 2005?
Me: Yes.

*The fight of the final fight of Kadaj and Cloud*

Mom: "Puppet?" What is he talking about?
Me: Sephiroth controlled Cloud for a long time. And Kadaj is like that.
Mom: I see. He looks like a girl!
Mom: Cloud BARELY smiles. Why?
Me: Asia is introverted. You know this.
Dad: She's right! Cloud never smiles!
Me: Does that make him a bad person?
Dad: Maybe!

*Fight ends*

*Sephiroth comes*

Mom *laughs*: My God, he looks so gay!
Me: Just look at him for Pete's sake mom!
Mom: OK fine. *smirk still on face*
*Dad talks to Mom*: You think he (Sephiroth) uses Suave?
Mom: Yeah, but Cloud uses some Lifestream gel!
*All of us laugh*

*Zack comes to motivate Cloud*

Dad: Wow all of them have crazy hair! How do they DO that with their hair!
Me: It's fantasy after all.
*Dad facedrags*

*Fight ends*

Mom: Well, I like this little hero. He's ok.
Me: It's alright if you don't like him mom.

*Sees when Cloud looks at Aerith and Zack leave*
Me: See mom? Cloud smiled.
Mom: ...Mmmmmhmmm....
Mom: That's Zack?
Me: Yeah.
Mom: Now he looks like a boy!
Me: He's not a bishounen!
Mom: Still, he looks like a boy!
Me: So....you like it?
Mom: ...Meh, it's ok. But there was this scene when Cloud looked like a girl!

ALL TRUE PEOPLE. ALL TRUE.

if i remember more ill post it but thats the overall point. : D XD

i dont EVEN want to talk about when i was at my friend's house and HER parents saw some of it LOL

[*]When Zack appears to help Cloud in the final battle, she said that he was cute too (I imagine the other cute one was Cloud) and commented something about his hair

*GASP*

MINE 2!!!!!!!!

when zack appeared in the 1st crisis core cutscene she instantly said "Oh, so who's that KYOOtee?" I said it was zack and in 2nd class, but i barely got i out when she asked another question when she saw angeal.

"Who is HE?"
i told her that it was angeal, 1st class. and she replies "I can see why!"

she thinks angeal is gorgeous LOL

My mom used to be a gamer back in the day. She got hooked in the NES days, then decided not to game anymore because she'd be playing all day and she would almost neglect her "duties". Now she only plays Candy Crush :(

.....Diner Dash anyone?

Last edited:

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
That was funny to read Orah! Thanks for sharing :lol:

The first time my mother watched ACC was my first time too, and at the beginning she also thought that all the boys were girls XD

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
That was funny to read Orah! Thanks for sharing :lol:

The first time my mother watched ACC was my first time too, and at the beginning she also thought that all the boys were girls XD

no problem : D

LOL XDDDDDD even cloud? even loz?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
My mom grounded me for an entire summer because I played FFVII for too long. :(

(True story).

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I never watch nerdy stuff with my parents around. We reached a tacit agreement, according which we don't torture each other with the stuff we like and we know the other party doesn't. So they always watch TV on the living room while I retire to my lair room :monster:

Top Bottom