ACC...On DVD?!!!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Masamune you grumpy Gus!

I guess I'll probably pick up a copy, just to have a sixth copy of the film. You never know when it might come in handy.
I'm thinking of some sort of Micheal Keaton 'Multiplicity' type situation? :huh:

Kikki

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myPEACEFULsanctuary
£3.99?! Isn't that kinda cheap? Still I'll look out for it once it's released since I don't have blueray.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Funnay. First they re-release AC because HD became awesome right after they released their original movie on DVD, then they scale it back down again to DVD quality after they realize there's still a potential market in the DVD area, :monster:.

Speaking of, does anyone have any sales figures for both the DVD and BR incarnations of the movie? Out of curiosity. I've seen the DVD in shelves here for quite some time, not sure if it sold much.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I seem to remember the original sold reasonably well, but that may have only been Japan figures.
I don't think I've ever heard anything about Complete's sales.

Rostum

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Surely anyone interested already has a PS3 to play the blu-ray version? :D Speaking of which, how much are blu-ray players these days? I suppose if they still aren't affordable then it'd be good for people to get this version.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Probably <$100, maybe even $50 over in the states or with cheap Chinese import.

But Blu-rays are now old fashioned. It's TV on demand these days, just get your remote, type in 'I want to watch ACC', and there you go. I can do that (digital / on demand TV), and just plug a hard drive into my TV - it'll play anything. Easy as fuck. Easier, even, no messing about with dinner and a movie, drinks, unclothing, wrapping a condom around your weener and sticking it in, just stick it in and instant pleasure. Fuck yeah, that feels good.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
That's a little bizzare and very cheap......hmm, I think I'll go into hmv to have a look at it first before I think about buying, I've already got one copy of the original AC I don't need another...

Rostum

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Probably <$100, maybe even $50 over in the states or with cheap Chinese import.

But Blu-rays are now old fashioned. It's TV on demand these days, just get your remote, type in 'I want to watch ACC', and there you go. I can do that (digital / on demand TV), and just plug a hard drive into my TV - it'll play anything. Easy as fuck. Easier, even, no messing about with dinner and a movie, drinks, unclothing, wrapping a condom around your weener and sticking it in, just stick it in and instant pleasure. Fuck yeah, that feels good.

Hahaha. Good point. I usually just plug my hard drive straight in to the TV too, but Australia's a little lacking with on demand type stuff like Netflix.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Wth, so it was false marketing? Sounds like a really confuzzling jumble of crap. Man, talk about a huge blunder. >(

~ Raz

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
You actually could bring it back even if you've already watched it because the dvd is not as described whish is against consumer law. Its showing images from ACC on the back which aren't even on the dvd and its showing the ACC cover, therefore its not the same product, its doesn't have to say Complete on the front cover in order to be told well this is the product. The point is a lot of people who see this and the back cover are going to assume its ACC despite the fact it say AC on the box, so yeah I would definitley go and get the money back because its just false advertising.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Surely it's against the law to plaster a box with screenshots from somethnig completely different? If I bought Avatar on the basis of it having loads of pictures from The Dark Knight on the back, I'd be quite annoyed.

your analogy doesnt work.
Maybe if you used the analogy saying you bought avatar thinking it was the complete blu ray version with the 10 second clip of what earth looks like, because it had a screen shot of it on the back. Maybe...

But none the less you ordered AC, you got AC. Dont use screen shots as a basis to figure out which movies which, use the name.

Now if it said ACC then it definitely would be false advertising and i can see why you may want your money back then. But thats not the case.

Top Bottom