• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Accommodations for Kupocon: The Big Pom

AvecAloes

Donator
Ok, so this subforum exists now, let's start utilizing it! I know Kupocon: The Big Pom is still a few months away, but time will get away from us for sure. I mean, hell, Force, Micah, and I already missed out on the Thundaga passes because we forgot, lol

Let's make this thread about where people are planning to stay, I guess.

Right now, we have four TLS members staying at my place: Tenny, Carlie, Lith, and Mr. Ite. Oh, I guess five, if you count Force. Ok, maybe six, if you count me as well but I live here. Whatever ok.

As far as my personal Casa de Avec: I can only host you at most from Friday - Monday of that weekend, so January 27 - January 30. I'm not trying to be stingy here, but I'm planning to take 3 grad courses that begin a week or two before that, and one of them includes an internship, so I have no idea how much free time I will actually have available to be around to host people. So get off my lawn!!!!

/doesn't actually have a lawn

So....I guess that's it for now :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
First of all thank you for your generosity. I am happy to crash on the floor, or if need be I can sleep upright in a closet.

In terms of dates, shall I plan to fly in for Friday evening and depart Tuesday morning? I plan to take a bus back up to Canada and can leave Monday if that's preferred.

AvecAloes

Donator
You're welcome! It will be an unprecedented event, getting so many TLS people under one roof. And worry not, everyone will at least have an airmattress or couch upon which to rest their weary heads!

As for days, I really would prefer if people departed by Monday night. I have no idea what my schoolwork/internship timelines and deadlines and stresses will be like, so I really don't want to risk double booking myself more than that Friday and Monday might already do to me, plus I will most certainly need some downtime to recover from having so many people in my personal space for so long, because hermit :lol:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
The plan for me is to get a hotel room. If somebody wants to share a double occupancy with me we can split the cost.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Ok, so this subforum exists now, let's start utilizing it! I know Kupocon: The Big Pom is still a few months away, but time will get away from us for sure. I mean, hell, Force, Micah, and I already missed out on the Thundaga passes because we forgot, lol

I currently hold two Thundaga and one Ultima, still. As I'll be busy doing things throughout the day, I don't really have any need for these special types. I'll happily exchange them for your Blizzara/Slowga - or, if you haven't gotten any yet, I can just sell them off to you (at a discounted rate, of course). The important thing about getting these is being able to join the evening event with everyone else.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I guess we'll just have to have a meetup party in London next March that will make them jealous. :monster:

I confirmed with my father today that I can stay with him while the conference is on, so all I have to do is book flights. :)

[/hijack]

Lex

Administrator
I should book somewhere or something for that. And also plan to put some money away for it. I keep forgetting it's a thing that's actually happening :monster:

I'm not a massive fan of London. This thing might make me feel different if I'm around thousands of fellow FF nerds :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Thames walk, and St. James!
There's Big Ben; Tower Bridge!
Thames walk, and St. James!
There's Big Ben; Tower Bridge!
Sephiroth!

Museums? Tate!
West End for plays!
Museums? Tate!
West End for plays!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I expect to see a shitload of pictures, aye? A BUNCH OF PICTURES FROM YOU ALL

I wanna go to the London one so bad you guys don't even know

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If I had my own place you'd all be welcome to stay with me in London. Unfortunately I literally do no not have the amount of organs needed to finance a place here.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I've already ran this by Carlie and Tenny, but I'll throw it out here as well:

My husband's best friend works as a doctor at a hospital in Queens, and he has an apartment in the Manhattan/NYC area. When we all gathered in Arkansas for the last of Mr. Lith's inner circle getting married, he offered me his apartment to stay in for the duration of my KupoCon trip to help take a load off of my wallet. He would be staying with a friend during that time and wouldn't have to travel and hour and a half to work each day, so good for him.

So, I have a free place in a secure building to stay in about an hour from Newark, which he told me I can take a short train to and from for Distant Worlds and KupoCon itself... Have access to a free washer and dryer if anyone needs to do laundry... and we're in the heart of NYC and can do touristy stuffs.

I'm not trying to take away from the TLS party at Avec's, I know she'd like to have everybody out by Monday... This is just an option for anyone else going to The Big Pom to consider. I'm still on the fence about it because it changes my road trip plans with Carlie and Tenny, but if I have a free place to stay in in NYC, then there's no way I'd want to roadtrip and have to drive in that inner-city traffic. I'd just fly into JFK airport and take it from there.

Needless to say, I feel conflicted. I was looking forward to staying at Avec's, but I like this option a lot as well.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I wonder if my hubby would be amenable to this...? (we'd get our own accommodations, mainly because the hubby snores like a wildebeest) :P

At any rate, I hope you guys have a great time!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Suggestion: We leave the boys at Casa de Avec and we take Cass to the apartment in Manhattan, you know for 'friendship' purposes. :awesome:

But seriously I'm fine with whichever works best for you guys.

AvecAloes

Donator
I definitely don't mean to rain on your parade, but it will take over an hour with at least two different trains to get down to Newark from Queens, where it will take 20 minutes with only one train from my place. I mean, I get wanting to stay in NYC, but it is much further than anyone ever thinks it is. Even just getting from my place to Midtown takes about an hour, and Queens is even further than that. Of course, it is 100% up to you guys, but after traveling that far to go to Kupocon, it seems silly to stay so far away.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I do it all the time lol. I saw on social media that you were in that area for the movie...

No, if the apartment were in Queens I would have politely declined. :lol: I've only been to New York twice, but I know that's a bit too far.

AvecAloes

Donator
Yeah, I live in Jersey City, which is across the Hudson from NYC. I go to NYC for the cool movies that don't get released other places :desu:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Lucky. >_>

The only times I'm been to NY have been at the beginning of December. I expect the cold won't die down much by the end of January, so I'll be bundling up and bringing the boots and scarves and gloves.

And of course I'll have some damn fine ladies I can snuggle up to for warmth as well. :awesomonster:

EDIT:

Avec, I'm guessing you're pretty familiar with the train system down there. What's that like? I've never used trains as a mode of transport before.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm open to helping you get warm in any way whether they involved clothes or not. Because I'm such a selfless friend. :awesome:

Top Bottom