ACTION BUTTON (a.k.a. Tim Rogers) REVIEWS: The Final Fantasy VII Remake

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Anyway the TLOU intro has long spiel on his physical/digital game collection and I'm not sure what I got out of it.
thinking back on this, i feel like you could make some sort of connect from this anecdote and the system of the game where you only have limited possessions, or living in a post-apocalyptic world where trivial material possessions aren't useful to survival but you maybe hold onto them for sentimental sake. maybe like the comics and magazines in the game, look at the stuff you have and wonder what someone would think if they stumbled upon the ruins of your home when you're gone and all that's left are these things. what would these things say about you and what kind of image would it make in the person's head. what would a few games in a plastic box under a hoover tell a stranger about you.

i can't remember if any of those links were made in the video because i only watched it once and it's 3 hours long and maybe the minimalism tangent connected to something.

but i like his, for lack of a better, radio voice (i was surprised by the end of the ff7r video and there was a different?? accent?? or i just can't tell american accents apart. also the term 'babychild-bigfriend' for this style of game.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, it took an hour and 53 minutes, but the review has actually begun to feel like a review -- and a legit entertaining one at that. I really liked the subsequent 29-minute, 34-second (and I'm unsure how many frames) segment on combat, materia/weapon growth, and their respective menus.

And I'm also pleased to see that Tim's extensive analysis of all that arrived at the same conclusion I did during my playthrough of Hard Mode: that HM is the way the developers meant the game to be played.

A little under an hour in the video still to go. Will report back to weigh in one more time after I've finished the rest.

Top Bottom