• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Actor Troy Baker endorses NFT voice AI that aims to replace actors

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fuck Troy Baker.

Fuck NFTs.

And fuck USA Today wasting time looking at and promoting this dumb shit. Libertarian venture capitalist crypto bros literally are determined to just fistfuck pop culture with their demented and unwanted scarcity project. This is the latest stupid gimmick they're trying to attach to the speculative market no one but them gives a fuck over. God, can we just skip to the crash and move on with life? Rich people huffing farts and trying to get other stupid people to buy their farts and huff them too. For profit.

God, I hate it here.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
eyeroll-krysten-ritter.gif

D

Deleted member 13557

You'd think that a guy who worked on TLOU2 would have an idea of just how vile people can get. Now imagine them putting those words in the mouths of anyone they wish.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I can't say I completely understand what NFTs are, nor what their utility is. Neverless, I too will shill for money :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
Fuck Troy Baker.

Fuck NFTs.

And fuck USA Today wasting time looking at and promoting this dumb shit. Libertarian venture capitalist crypto bros literally are determined to just fistfuck pop culture with their demented and unwanted scarcity project. This is the latest stupid gimmick they're trying to attach to the speculative market no one but them gives a fuck over. God, can we just skip to the crash and move on with life? Rich people huffing farts and trying to get other stupid people to buy their farts and huff them too. For profit.

God, I hate it here.

I'm afraid your post was so excellent I had to paraphrase it in my reply to Troy Baker

1642204749081.png

Lex

Administrator
THE BACKPEDAL ON THIS

1642204810062.png

Full disclosure: I used to adore Troy Baker until I was personally victimised by regina george he showed his ass with the Neil Druckmann/ TLOU2 nonsense. He's a yikes, and it's a biggie. I've never been more disappointed in a VA, I had the biggest crush. I'm sure he's drying his tears in a pile of new NFT money having lost me as a supporter.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You ever notice how NFT shills use the largest amount of words possible to say absolutely jackshit?

I can't say I completely understand what NFTs are, nor what their utility is. Neverless, I too will shill for money :sadpanda:

Spoiler Alert: There is no utility. They are the epitome of artificial scarcity and those that shill them are on a relentless campaign to make them a thing in order to ensure their absurd crypto investment pays out dividends at the expense of the suckers who foolishly buy into it.

It's important to know the enemy, and NFTs are the worst thing to come out of blockchain technology. Anyone who has no idea what they are and why they're the cancer of the web and planet needs to get informed now because corporate and venture capitalist forces are going to do their level best to make you buy into the hype.

A succinct summation of cryptocurrency and it's issues.

And here's a good read on why NFTS specifically are terrible creations of blockchain tech.

This is a short explanation of why NFTs are bad. For more detailed explanations, the end of this article has links to detailed articles I have written on the subject.
In a nutshell, NFTs are bad for two reasons:

1.) They are bad for the environment, as they rely on cryptocurrencies that cause huge amounts of carbon emissions. They will continue to rely on these systems for security reasons (despite claims to the contrary about moving to other systems).
They are only valuable as tools for money laundering, tax evasion, and greater fool investment fraud.
2.) There is zero actual value to NFTs. Their sole purpose is to create artificial scarcity of an artwork to supposedly increase its value (it doesn’t do this, but the pretense that it does can be used for illegal purposes by those who recognise that fact).

Their long form article on NFTs is heavy but goes into the technical aspects of how blockchain works, why NFTs cannot be "eco-friendly" by design, and why they are a bubble that's inevitable to burst, leaving suckers who go into the speculative market late holding the bag full of valueless token addresses that don't even confer real ownership.

NFTs (non-fungible tokens) are intended to be unique digital identifiers; a kind of “uncompromisable digital record”. They are not in fact anything like this, but this is what they claim to be.... NFTs don’t prove ownership — ordinary legal contracts are just as good, and in fact better since they are heavily regulated and can be taken to courts for a central resolution when problems arise.
Blockchains (which NFTs rely on) are in the best case no more secure than ‘normal’ relational database storage systems, and in most cases are less secure.
Cryptocurrencies have no innate value and are only useful as a pyramid scheme, something big crypto influencers are knowingly using to profit from those who don’t realise it.

Proving ownership of an item — with any technology, is provably impossible. Even if blockchain had absolutely no weaknesses and could not be compromised in any way, NFTs cannot prove ownership — not now, and not in the future either.

Proof of transaction does not equal proof of validity. Twitter bots going around minting NFTs for artworks without the artist’s permission are a good example. An NFT can’t be trusted on its own terms; you must check with the artist that it was sold by them, just as you would need to do with a legal contract or anything else. This makes it use as a “proof of ownership” completely useless; it does nothing a legal contract can’t do. That’s why commercial companies have never had trouble commissioning artwork and enforcing their rights to it.
There are countless examples of NFTs being minted without the artist’s permission by thieves and scammers, among other kinds of NFT scams

Art theft is rampant in the NFT scene.

I'd urge anyone not fully aware of what NFTs are to read this. Because unfortunately they will continue being highlighted by speculative tech bro and corporate interests until they implode. Do not be fooled and do not forgive.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Dude just strikes me as incredibly pretentious and up his own ass.
The type of person whose every sentence always needs to sound smart/meaningful/important or whatever
Like, he enjoys sniffing his own farts a little too much

I enjoy his work as an actor but outside of that I'm just krystenrittereyeroll.gif'ing at him

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
THE BACKPEDAL ON THIS

View attachment 11848

Full disclosure: I used to adore Troy Baker until I was personally victimised by regina george he showed his ass with the Neil Druckmann/ TLOU2 nonsense. He's a yikes, and it's a biggie. I've never been more disappointed in a VA, I had the biggest crush. I'm sure he's drying his tears in a pile of new NFT money having lost me as a supporter.

Big time back pedaling smh lol.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I have pretty limited knowledge of NFTs, all I know is something rubs me the wrong way when dozens if not hundreds of random social media accounts are a little too eager to sell me something that doesn’t exist. I guess I finally found something more obnoxious than shipper debate accounts: cryptobro accounts.

Hey, hey, you! Yeah, you! Right there! Hey, come here! C’mere, c’mere, hurry! Hey—you got money?! Hey! Yeah, put it right here. Right here! Yes! Hurry! You wanna roll with the big boys? Come on! Just do it! Go go go go go! Get in here! You wanna get rich, don’t ya?! Just put your money in this thing! Come on! Hurry, hurry, hurry! To the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO—!!

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Hey, hey, you! Yeah, you! Right there! Hey, come here! C’mere, c’mere, hurry! Hey—you got money?! Hey! Yeah, put it right here. Right here! Yes! Hurry! You wanna roll with the big boys? Come on! Just do it! Go go go go go! Get in here! You wanna get rich, don’t ya?! Just put your money in this thing! Come on! Hurry, hurry, hurry! To the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO—!!

The gist of capitalism

D

Deleted member 13557

It’s the endeavour of people trying to make the most money with the smallest amount of effort. A second mansion isn’t gonna pay for itself, after all :mon:

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
Fuck Troy Baker.

Fuck NFTs.

God, I hate it here.

what's with this response? Canyou explain exactly what makes NFTs so evil that you'd respond to someone involved with them in this way?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
what's with this response? Canyou explain exactly what makes NFTs so evil that you'd respond to someone involved with them in this way?

I literally just outlined what NFTs are 8 posts up on this very page. If you can't see why a virtual artificial scarcity scheme created by venture capitalists based on blockchain tech that exists only to profit off of greater fool theory as a speculative market, all while significantly increasing carbon emissions and glutting the global supply of GPUs, then I don't know what to tell you.

And Troy Baker's always been a POS. This only solidified it.

Top Bottom