Adaptation of Urasawa Naoki's manga "Monster"

Elisa Maza

Whomst
... by the director Gullielmo Del Toro, who possibly writes the script as well along with Steven Thompson of Doctor Who and Sherlock, for the HBO channel.

Monster_Guillermo-del-toro.jpg

See the news here and here.

*HYPERVENTILATES*

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I have to confess I'm not familiar with it (but then I'm not familiar with much manga) Looks pretty interesting. And if Del Toro is involved thats always a good thing to me.

Splintered

unsavory tart
*SCREAMS AND DIES*

Monster is fucking fantastic and gave me chills reading and watching. Urasawa Naoki is a genius, my only regret is that 20th Century Boys probably can't be adapted. I'd love to see this.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
@Octo: You should really read the manga or watch the anime. Preferably both. It's a damn good psychological horror manga/anime.

@Splintered: If this series is a success, you never know... maybe it'll open the gates for bigger projects. :desu: "Monster" is a good choice, though. There are no special effects needed, no high budget, just the right director to give it the right atmosphere.

Oh and I hope they don't whitewash Tenma. Let's not do this.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh and I hope they don't whitewash Tenma. Let's not do this.
I can see how Temna being Japanese is easily swept under the rug, but I'm with you I hope they don't do it. I'd probably cry if they changed things too much.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see who he has in mind for the cast. Especially
Johan
, he's one of my favorite villains and I'd love to see a great actor for him. And Eva too actually, I think she's fascinating in a car crash kind of way.

Top Bottom