• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Add sections?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Would there be justice in moving the gaming topics in general discussion section to this new section?

Nevermind, justice was performed while I posted :monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It might be a good idea to have a forum for other entertainment topix as well. Doesn't have to be a whole section for each medium, but a forum for tv/films/music/books/comix might be called for. idk.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Same applies to other section suggestions, post enough about such topics in the general chat and a separate forum on the subject can be added. I'm no fan of adding sections just for the sake of adding them, and believe that a section should be born out of interest in a certain subject, not the other way around.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
While I agree, it seems like I'm already seeing a large proportion of entertainment topics in General Discussion.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=40.msg290#msg290 date=1228140818]
121 doesn't seem to get enough activity back on FFOF in order to warrant its own sexion, and I think that serios business can go into the general chat section for now - if there's enough serious business to warrant its own section, I could reconsider, but right now I don't think there's enough reason for it.

Which applies to pretty much every section thingy - if you think a section for topic X should be made, start out by actually discussing topic X first. Nobody's stopping you from creating a topic that doesn't have its specific section to go into, so think out of the box and no u and whatnot.

So, 121 won't be active enough atm, and serios business can go into general chat.
[/quote]

Not to beat a dead horse but i think the deal on the 121 section was dismissed rather quickly based off of FFoF's activity.
FFoF was kinda slow to begin with so i dont think thats a worthy place to use as an example.

FCF is very slow (im fairly certain this place has way more activity:P) and 121 is by far the most active section aside from the news section and zimbabwe(forum news).
Back in the ACF days 121 was pretty darn active inside SO as well, once again i would dare to say it was the most active section for quite some time.

I think it really depends on the members and how willing they are to jump in and just find someone to talk to. Then after that keep the conversation alive.
This is another tool that could bring members alot closer together and i dont think it should be written off so quickly because one forum was alittle slow about it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Now you mention it, you're right :monster:.

Edit: The above is @ Aaron, @Gabriel: Valid point(s).

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
I think we need to add a new section for the books: Maiden who travels the planet, and on a Way to a smile. Since SE is adding more to On a way to a smile, I would think it can stand seperate from AC.

Thoughts?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Start discussions on 'em in the compilation general section and we might consider it, but only if there's enough topics on 'em :monster:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
So anyway, I can has entertainment forum plox? There are pretty clearly a lot of topics on such matters.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've added the section (lyk, forevar ago), the mod lot can do something for a change and sift through threads that aren't there yet (insofar as that hasn't happened yet).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Do stuff like Batman Rage and Lastam and Stephanie Meyer vs. Steven King count as entertainment-related?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=40.msg15520#msg15520 date=1234031252]
Do stuff like Batman Rage and Lastam and Stephanie Meyer vs. Steven King count as entertainment-related?
[/quote]Yeah, I'd say so.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
With V, and awesome slash great justice.

As for art, I dunno, lol. Complain enough and I might consider it, :monster:. Just remember it won't be our main focus and won't get a spot on the frontpage of the forums.

[quote author=Divine Archangel link=topic=40.msg15522#msg15522 date=1234032574]
How about GFX? Cause you have that, art and writing in one section and you never know which topic is gonna be what.
[/quote]

I second this; I think it would make sense to have graphic design as a sub-forum or something under traditional art and writing rather than having all three types in just one.

peaches

nectarines
Sub-Forum

Anyway you could make a whole sub-forum for anime and manga?

The one you have now has so many other topics in there besides anime and manga it's cluttered and messy.

And recently I've been reading A LOT more manga so I would like a place where I could talk about it easily and not search through other pointless stuff that's not related to manga/anime at all.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Re: Sub-Forum

If they were going to make subfora for animé and manga they'd have to make subfora for music, films, comics, and a bunch of other crap as well. I doubt they can be arsed, I don't think any of those topics get enough activity to justify their own subfora.

peaches

nectarines

Maybe it doesn't get a lot of activity for the reasons I just stated?

Most people don't want to just have to search through a bunch of other crap to find the topic they want to post in =/

I mean seriously, why does all that crap have to be in one sub-forum.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

Because there aren't enough topics about any of those things created to justify having 9,001 subfora. It's messier having a ton of subfora than it is having several entertainment media merged in the same forum. Hell, the entertainment subforum itself wasn't created until last week, because people didn't think there'd be enough activity for it.

that said, I wouldn't be averse to forcing the use of thread prefixes to specify what medium a thread discusses, but I have no idea how easy that is to implement in SMF, and someone would have to go back and edit all the old threads to conform to it.

Top Bottom