Adios, I'm buggering off!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
To Toronto, Canada more specifically. :monster:

I'm going on Tuesday, but I might not have time to make a post tomorrow as there's still lots to do and this is possibly the only time I can make a post. I'm off for a week mainly for KupoCon, but will be doing some exciting stuff in the days before, such as visiting Niagara Falls and generally getting the break I've sorely needed in the past few months.

And yes, there will be vlogging! :awesome:

Extremely excited, as it's not only my first holiday abroad in SIX YEARS, but it'll be the first time I'm on a long haul flight ever... and on my own! I should have internet out there and you'll more than likely catch me on Discord.

tumblr_n2od7lLOmS1s852lfo1_400.gif

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Safe flight Ami, and omg have lots and lots of fun!! :reptar: :properhug: Give Alan a hug for me (if you want to) :awesome:

Looking forward to the vlogs! :D

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Jesus did the title of this thread ever give me mini heart attack :lol:
Have the most best fun!! I look forward to the vlogs!! <3

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Safe travels! Hope the weather will be forgicing up there. But you'll have Alan to snuggle up with, I suppose so maybe I ought to wish for the opposite.;)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Safe travels. Lots of pics! LOTS. OF. PICS! <3

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
Have a bloody good time Ami! :desu:

Also yes, pics are videos are a must!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Going by her Facebook, she's arrived safely so I'm sure we'll be graced with her presence forthwith. :awesome:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've never used Facebook so much in my life as much as the last week. :awesome:

The trip was pretty amazing, everyone! This was basically the rundown of the week:

Tuesday: Two planes - one to London from Manchester and then the other to Toronto. Watched Colossal and Logan, good films! Landed at 3pm (8pm my time) and was out of the airport within an hour. Got to my hotel half an hour later in a taxi and hunted for food. It was such an overwhelming experience with flying long haul for the first time and being in a massive city with such open space, I didn't feel claustrophobic <3

Wednesday: Mostly looked around. Went to the Hockey Hall of Fame as it was 5 minutes away from where I was staying. Then I decided to go to the zoo, as HoH only took an hour or so. Best decision I made that day, my cousin-in-law recommeneded it! Walked around for 4 HOURS nonstop!

Thursday: Niagara Falls day. The tour bus guide was a hilarious dude. We went touring the towns before the Falls and were told some great stories. There were also photo ops along the way. The Falls themselves were beyond words. I went to have lunch in a hotel overlooking them, took the boat ride (the last of the season apparently!) and drove around for some more, including driving through the recent Christmas decorations. It was such a magical day. I left my hotel at 9am and got back at 7pm. Needless to say, I was knackered! xD

Friday: Changing from the Novotel to the Hilton. Luckily, I was able to check-in early and on the lowest floor possible (not great with heights!). The day then consisted of me going on the sightseeing open tour bus. I mainly went to Casa Loma for a couple of hours and chatted to three lovely women from North Carolina at the bus stop afterwards. I stayed on the bus for a bit longer and then got off at St Lawrence Market, which was right near the end of the tour. It was recently voted the best food market in the world and it was amazing. And then later, I met up with some of the KupoCon folk later that evening, including Alan who was kind enough to invite me. It was so good spending time with them <3

Saturday: Went to the harbour with a friend. We had food and strolled about. This was pretty much the only chilled out day I had. After spending a few hours there, I just went back to the hotel room and chilled out for the rest of the day.

Sunday: KupoCon time! It was even bigger than the last time. Met so many more amazing people and I got quite sometime with Alan, mainly at the evening event! The KupoConga was bigger this time, there was more entertainment. The day event was also brilliant. Even though I'd initially planned to go at it alone, I was NEVER alone. Got quite drunk and was really buzzing all night <3

Monday/Tuesday: Sad times, the journey home! I went home on Monday night and got home on Tuesday morning. I didn't sleep and was up for 32 hours. However, the flight home was really smooth and quicker than I thought. Only watched Baywatch this time, as I spent the rest of the time trying to sleep and playing Skyrim on my Nintendo Switch. Then it was a train and tram home. Got 3 hours sleep when I got home, then spent time with the family, came home and slept for 9 hours.

Absolutely shattered when I woke up today. Still shattered now! My experience with jet lag has been interesting so far. I got home at 5pm this evening and fell asleep until 7pm, which was an hour ago. Really hoping tonight's sleep will fix me up. I just about managed to work today and thankfully, I wasn't bombarded with as many questions as I thought.

Guess I have two months to recover until the next KupoCon, eh? :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Quiet time with Alan :megusta:

I think it's pretty rad that you did all this by yourself. I don't like going to the grocery store alone, let alone flying to a different continent. :wacky:

So how was Canada? Is my suspicion true that the snow is actually confectioner's sugar? :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
It was such a dream to be there. There was actually no snow! It was warmer there than it was back home. I also forgot to mention that I went to a winery on the way to the Falls on Thursday, so I was quite tipsy when I got there. :monster:

Top Bottom