Adventchildren.net is… totally gone

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, since the Final Fantasy VII Remake is officially dropping in about 6 hours, I was poking around for the first stuff that was released back during TGS 2003. I remembered being in my last year of high school and dreaming about the idea that one day there would be a version of Final Fantasy VII that looked this good, and remembering how crazy it was to think that a high poly film would ever be possible to have in a playable game:

ac_church1.jpg

So, while hunting around for the original press releases and whatnot, I just went to see if I could dig through all of the old AC news archive, and... it's just a Huawei HG8245H Login page now, and I assume that the none of the default admin creds don't work, though I haven't tried more than a couple of them, since I was really just looking for the above images. I don't remember the last time I went there, but I think that the old site was still just old and lingering some time in 2019 even though a lot of the content and links were broken. Super weird to think that the place that sort of kicked off everything about my online presence totally based on FFVII didn't actually make it to the release of the Remake – but that the Remake of ac.net made it to the Remake.

So yeah, extra glad that TLS exists so that we've still got a ton of the hard work and stuff that got put in to everything back in the day living in a more healthy home, since in our own way this site's sort of like a Remake. Figured it was worth a thread at the very least.

RIP ac.net

(and long live TLS and the FFVII Remake :mon: )

X :neo:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Looking at the banner image in the Wayback Machine is making me real nostalgic. Gotta admit, the web design was pretty good for the mid-2000s.

It really was. I actually think SY designed it herself. I'm morbidly curious as to what she's up to these days.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Weirder than when she flipped it from an imaginary male videogame character to another obsession with the monster in cloverfield?

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
That second portion is quite the accurate foreshadowing, despite how wrong the first part ended up being. It’s funny to have that juxtaposition.

But I feel like, for better or worse, that stuff happens all the time in the games industry.
For example, a game director saying “Oh, this entry will be my last” followed by them making many more. This is somewhat of a similar vein.

But hey, mindsets can change a lot in five years, I suppose.

Top Bottom