• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aeris Death scene

keith0301

Rookie Adventurer
Something just occurred to me...

I was thinking about how so many people wish Aeris wouldn't die in the remake. Safe to say...shes going to die. The rest of the story would be so diminished. It would also be an ultimate slap in the face to many loyal fans who want it to remain as close to the original as possible.

So shes gonna die...but this is the thing.

They're "remaking it" right? They've said they're going to make small changes so that its a fresh experience, right? So what does that entail?

They will certainly omit certain things (which will piss a lot of us off...)
They will certainly add certain things (which hopefully only enhances the story)

But where do I see them best and most effectively being able to make this game a fresh experience? SLIGHTLY tweaking some of the most notable moments in the story.

This brings me to Aeris death scene...arguably the most important story moment in the game. I think because of what this scene represents to the fans...and the fact that this IS a "REMAKE" were going to see tweaks here - like it or not.

So what made the original scene work so well? SURPRISE. Safe to say...for all of us who have played FF7...its impossible to replicate that experience....UNLESS...they toy with us!!!

And thats the reason for this thread. I firmly believe that they're going to TRICK US during this scene! In order to create that sense of surprise again...in order to make it dramatic again. Of course I'm not sure how...because it HAS to take place on that same spot...but I feel like were going to be somehow misled. I think theyre going to speak/exchange dialogue. Something about it will be fresh and new, and maybe Aeris stands and we get the sense like "OMG theyre not going to kill her!! Shes going to join the guys and they're going to leave." and then DOWN COMES SEPHIROTH!!!! Haha....

I just want to believe that these guys are thinking about how to toy with our emotions in order to make the experience fresh for us again. We all know every single detail. This is what I'm looking forward to the most in the remake.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I want to see it from Sephiroth's point of view, as he's watching her from above and Cloud approaches and then BAM! Dead Cetra.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I get the feeling this is going to be one of the many cases where Square will feel the need to keep it ultra faithful to the original, because it's just so iconic.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I get the feeling this is going to be one of the many cases where Square will feel the need to keep it ultra faithful to the original, because it's just so iconic.

This. There're a handful of moments that will define if this is a faithful Remake, Aerith's death scene is absolutely one of them.

What I'm most interested in is actually the lead up to it – Cloud being nearly out of control, and trying to resist being puppeted to murder her. How do you portray that struggle of control in the layout of a modern game? There's that distinct build up of tension that captivates your attention but not ruined covering it in QTE prompts or something. At what point does it transition out of player control and into a cutscene that still gives that temporary sigh of relief before the inevitable happens?

There's a lot to consider insofar as Game Design is concerned for that moment, and not just what the visuals are going to look like. If we see changes, I expect to see it around that, rather than the scene itself.

X :neo:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I want to see it from Sephiroth's point of view, as he's watching her from above and Cloud approaches and then BAM! Dead Cetra.
Ha! :lol:
For some reason I picture Seph with his arm in the air looking at Cloud for a high five...
"Don't leave me hanging bro!"

I guess we'll see everyone's reaction to her death; in the original you only saw the reaction of whoever you had with you.

I hope they keep Yuffies reaction the same; she burst into tears hugged Cloud then ran off crying. It's the saddest reaction I think and really helped Yuffie's character.

Found it on youtube:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
My prediction is that they're going to use Cloud's Eyes from AC to hide the moment of impact. Which I might love or I might hate. I'm unsure at the moment.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Hope to see the party have a more active part in trying to prevent Cloud from cutting down Aerith.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I hope to see if they shed any light on the bullshit fuckery magikery that is going on in that pool of water.

What is it Square!? Huh? Fess up you bitches.

Is that water shallow or deep af? One second no fucks given walking around ankle deep, the next the girl is sinking deeper than Leonardo Dicaprio on a chilly night in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean in 1997.

I need answers damn it.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I get the feeling her burial at sea (...lake?) is going to take a leaf out of the FFX/XIII Aesthetic book. They've really enjoyed playing up the "Mystical Tendrils of Light" imagery so much they literally shoved it into FFXIII-3.

So likely we're going to see Aerith slowly sinking from a sheer drop off, and then magically dissolve into tendrils of Life Stream, or maybe even crystalize ala Lucrecia in Dirge of Cerberus.

This is a good point for Shad to come here and tell me there's a unique circumstance that only applies to Lucrecia in the first place. since I know zip about that game.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I think they will go with a more Tarantino style death to appeal to all the modern PS4 and Xbox gamers. Sephiroth will fly down and slice her head clean off. It will bounce down the stairs like the White Materia and fall into the lake which turns red from all the BLOOD. Her body will spray blood everywhere including up Clouds face as the headless body flap its hands in the air dramatically before collapsing on the floor.

Rock n roll.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I think they will go with a more Tarantino style death to appeal to all the modern PS4 and Xbox gamers. Sephiroth will fly down and slice her head clean off. It will bounce down the stairs like the White Materia and fall into the lake which turns red from all the BLOOD. Her body will spray blood everywhere including up Clouds face as the headless body flap its hands in the air dramatically before collapsing on the floor.

Rock n roll.

This makes me not like you very much.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Damn. I should have put a "lol" at the end. How else were you to know it was a joke! :mon:

I'm calling it now! Remember the fundamental difference between FF7 then and the FF7 remake...Enix :D

*chocobo music*

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
This is a good point for Shad to come here and tell me there's a unique circumstance that only applies to Lucrecia in the first place. since I know zip about that game.

Lucrecia willed herself to become entombed in crystal, I know that much.

I wouldn't mind if tendrils of Lifestream were coming off Aerith as she descended, and then dissolved completely before her body hit the bottom of the pool. Would be a nice touch, and show the player that Cloud and co. aren't just going to leave her body to rot and become fish food. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I guess we'll see everyone's reaction to her death; in the original you only saw the reaction of whoever you had with you.

I hope they keep Yuffies reaction the same; she burst into tears hugged Cloud then ran off crying. It's the saddest reaction I think and really helped Yuffie's character.

Found it on youtube:

What I always liked about this was how Cloud react's to others. He HUGS Yuffie as she sobs. Cloud doesnt fucking touch anybody but he puts his arms around her. The camaraderie in despair is a powerful thing and I'm looking forward to everyone thereafter.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Found it on youtube:

What I always liked about this was how Cloud react's to others. He HUGS Yuffie as she sobs. Cloud doesnt fucking touch anybody but he puts his arms around her. The camaraderie in despair is a powerful thing and I'm looking forward to everyone thereafter.

Another great example on why Yuffie ABSOLUTELY CANNOT be an optional character in the Remake.

X :neo:

Midgar_Blues

Pro Adventurer
Aerith being impaled in full HD, damn, I'm not sure how they're going to handle that. Quick, drawn out, eh. I think the reactions after are more important. I'm kinda sorta more curious to know how they'll handle Cloud beating the shit out of her. I first played as a kid and I was horrified. I thought he was just throwing a huge fit, and then realised that, no, he was going to town on her.

Midgar_Blues

Pro Adventurer
I mean it wasn't straight up domestic abuse; he was still under Seph's control... But still... I seriously doubt they'll show him punching her multiple times. They may cut it after he pushes her to the ground.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
It was pretty clunky, so I'd imagine they'd scale it back and whatnot.

As for Aerith's death, they'll probably supe it up a bit graphic-wise. But I think the correct assumption is that it'll be essentially the same scene we all know, which was fairly "realistic" anyways.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I think the main bleedin’ issue is: to haemoglobin or not to haemoglobin?

Top Bottom