• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aeris Death scene

TooManyFandoms

Uses the internet
I mean it wasn't straight up domestic abuse; he was still under Seph's control... But still... I seriously doubt they'll show him punching her multiple times. They may cut it after he pushes her to the ground.

This. Or Cait Sith and whatever party member you picked restrain him afterwords. Whatever Square does decide to do, I hope they keep it true to the original but classy, keep the essence of the scene, but I don't want to see him beating her up like that in HD.

Midgar_Blues

Pro Adventurer
This. Or Cait Sith and whatever party member you picked restrain him afterwords. Whatever Square does decide to do, I hope they keep it true to the original but classy, keep the essence of the scene, but I don't want to see him beating her up like that in HD.
Considering Cloud's overall strength, though, really one punch would have killed Aeris instantly.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Well, her own strength may counteract that on some level. Hard to say.

I think the main bleedin’ issue is: to haemoglobin or not to haemoglobin?

Blood is a strange thing in this universe. Zack got bloody from bullets, Cloud and Sephiroth got bloodied during their sword fights. Assuming Aerith bleeds in a manner to people on Earth, it's a matter of how the killing blow is struck and how much the makers of the animation would like to stylize the scene. Blood isn't necessarily off limits, but they may choose to play it closer to how they did in the original game. I'm fine either way, really.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Aye, if I were a betting man I'd wager that there'll be more blood than the no blood in the OG, but not as much blood as there ought to be given the severity of the wound. Stylised, as you put it Kain.

I guess we'll be in Lunafreya territory in this respect.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Well, her own strength may counteract that on some level. Hard to say.

I think the main bleedin’ issue is: to haemoglobin or not to haemoglobin?

Blood is a strange thing in this universe. Zack got bloody from bullets, Cloud and Sephiroth got bloodied during their sword fights. Assuming Aerith bleeds in a manner to people on Earth, it's a matter of how the killing blow is struck and how much the makers of the animation would like to stylize the scene. Blood isn't necessarily off limits, but they may choose to play it closer to how they did in the original game. I'm fine either way, really.

That cut scene is riddled with problems, so really they probably omitted the blood due to technical limitations or time restrictions. This game was a massive crunch job. Heck, several of the FMVs were in an inconsistent style, and the three-disc system is entirely because of the size of those videos.

The fact is, they're not afraid of blood or violence. It's a single stab wound. As long as her gutts don't come flopping out, it can pass for Teen. It'll be a dark red, semi-obscured hole in her torso that won't ever be lingered on.

Midgar_Blues

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, considering the amount of blood and wounds Zack had in CC and Cloud during his battle with Seph in ACC, Square doesn't appear shy about blood. Instant death has less blood loss, though, so maybe just a bit will trickle down the end of Seph's sword. If they don't want to traumatise us with killing Aerith in the same way as Zack, maybe they'll cut after she's impaled and show her slouching over, obscuring the wound. Just speculating...

Last edited:
Top Bottom