• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aerith and the Loveless Play...

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
Aerith and the Loveless Play...(SPOILERS)

Hey guys this is my first thread in this section so be open-minded.

When I was playing through FF7 again the other day I started to notice what seemed to me to be a connection between Aerith and the loveless play.

I was at the bit right before you enter the Northren Cave, If go back on to the bridge of the Highwind. When you talk to Cid, he'll ask you "Hey Cloud, have you ever seen the play Loveless?"

If you Reply "Yeah".

Cid will then say, "I did, once, when I was interviewing to be a pilot in Midgar. I thought it would put me to sleep, and it did. Near the end, the guy next to me woke me up saying my snoring was too loud. All I remember is the end: the sister of the lead tells her lover 'I'll come back, even if you've moved on, because I know you'll be waiting.'"

The last sentence, "I'll come back, even if you've moved on, because I know you'll be waiting." seems rather coincidental, considering the other 'coming back' comments concerning Aerith in the game.

I aslo thought the last sentence could maybe be a reference to Zack. As Zack has "moved on" and is waiting for Aerith but that's just another of my wild opinions.

Anyway these 'coming back' comments concerning Aerith are listed below:

In Cloud's dream of Aeris before her death:

Aeris: "...Then, I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over.

When Cloud, Tifa and Bugenhagen are traveling towards the Ancient City on the Highwind:

Tifa:"I wonder what Aeris felt... when she was on that altar...?"
Cloud: "I'm sure she wanted to give her life for the planet..."
Tifa: "Really? I wonder? I don't think that's it at all. I think she didn't think she would die at all, but that she planned on coming back all along. She always talked about the 'Next time'. She talked about the future more than any of us."

Do you think the ending of the Loveless play is just another coincidence or is it another sly ploy added in by square?

After noticing this I check online to see if there was any other information on it and I found these Interesting screenshots from Advent Children on FF7 Citadel posted by Dale.

:pics:
sa_lovelessac1.jpg

sa_lovelessac2.jpg

sa_lovelessac3.jpg

I think the woman on the billboard bares a strong resemblance to Aerith, the hairstyle the ribbon hell even the face shape.

I thought I'd put this up to see what you guys make of it if you haven't already discussed this before...:loopy: Thanks for your time.

xxx

Akemmi

Last edited:

paoo

♥

It is Aerith. I've noticed it before. :lol:
And about the Loveless play.. Don't you think that it had something to do about the plot-twist? Like when Cait Sith said Cloud and Aerith's stars were showing a great future.

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
It is Aerith. I've noticed it before. :lol:
And about the Loveless play.. Don't you think that it had something to do about the plot-twist? Like when Cait Sith said Cloud and Aerith's stars were showing a great future.

Yes, I think so too!, What do you think about the last line Cid said being a reference to Zack?

I did my best for my first thread here anyways heh heh.

xxx

Akemmi

paoo

♥
Yes, I think so too!, What do you think about the last line Cid said being a reference to Zack?

I did my best for my first thread here anyways heh heh.

xxx

Akemmi

You did good. :)
Hmmm.. I don't think "Because I know you'll be waiting" is a reference to Cloud. He wasn't exactly waiting for her, he moved on and didn't kill himself. :monster:
The most possible thing is that Aerith is returning to Zack again. :3

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
You did good. :)
Hmmm.. I don't think "Because I know you'll be waiting" is a reference to Cloud. He wasn't exactly waiting for her, he moved on and didn't kill himself. :monster:
The most possible thing is that Aerith is returning to Zack again. :3

Thank you! and um I never said it was a reference to Cloud lol. I said Zack in the post and here...

"Yes, I think so too!, What do you think about the last line Cid said being a reference to Zack?"

See? I thought from the minute looking at that line that had to be a Zack reference. It's nice to think that she's returning to him.

paoo

♥
Thank you! and um I never said it was a reference to Cloud lol. I said Zack in the post and here...

"Yes, I think so too!, What do you think about the last line Cid said being a reference to Zack?"

See? I thought from the minute looking at that line that had to be a Zack reference. It's nice to think that she's returning to him.

No, I know you didn't mean it as a reference to Cloud. I just pointed it out.. :hohum:
And yes, it is. I think she still had feelings for him, or atleast she wasn't over him.

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
No, I know you didn't mean it as a reference to Cloud. I just pointed it out.. :hohum:
And yes, it is. I think she still had feelings for him, or atleast she wasn't over him.

Ah right, lol. Yes, I'm pretty sure she wasn't over losing him, especially when she met Cloud who reminded her so much of Zack, It must have been hard for her, I think that's one of the main reasons she developed feelings for Cloud.

xxx

Akemmi

Valerious

Renotologist
Hmm.. yea like what her adopted mother said in FFVII, the last thing she needs is to get hurt again.

i didnt play CC, did they show anything about how she react after she finds out that Zack died?

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Hmm.. yea like what her adopted mother said in FFVII, the last thing she needs is to get hurt again.

i didnt play CC, did they show anything about how she react after she finds out that Zack died?

Actually yes, you can see it on youtube, but she basically is messing with her flowers, looks up to the sky, senses it and "gasps" it's quite the moment.

I'd recommend getting CC and a PSP is possible.

It was worth it, I still play it :)

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix

Ues basically what Kuraudo said, I've played crisis core through 4 times now and I still cry at the end cutscene T.T
xxx

Akemmi

Valerious

Renotologist
T_T!

u guys made me wanna buy it even more.. hahahah! any idea if theres a version thats speaking in japanese but english subtitles?

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
T_T!

u guys made me wanna buy it even more.. hahahah! any idea if theres a version thats speaking in japanese but english subtitles?

So you'd rather have the Japanese version with English subs than the English dubbed version? Hmm, I'll need to look it up, I'm sure other people here know but the american psp wont support the Japanese game that's the only thing. There might be an option in the game to switch the voices to japanese, I know you can do that it Naruto games and in DOA.

I'm lovin your pic and sig btw. ^o^

xxx

Akemmi

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
The Loveless girl in DOC looks a lot like Tifa. :monster: But yeah, in that picture it's definitely Aerith. I think it may be a hint towards something, but I don't really put much thought into easter egg things like these.

her lover 'I'll come back, even if you've moved on, because I know you'll be waiting.'"

All Aerith has been waiting for her entire life is Zack, imo.

KK2008

Rookie Adventurer
I remember a similar quote being mentioned in CC too! You receive a message from Kunsel and he tells u about the play. The quote was:
"Off course...I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to wait.I'll return knowing that you'll be here"
To be honest when I first read it it totally reminded me of Zack wanting to return to where Aerith was =( but it says that the play is more from the viewpoint of the girl who helps the guy...which kinda confused me! :puppy: lol

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
I remember a similar quote being mentioned in CC too! You receive a message from Kunsel and he tells u about the play. The quote was:
"Off course...I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to wait.I'll return knowing that you'll be here"
To be honest when I first read it it totally reminded me of Zack wanting to return to where Aerith was =( but it says that the play is more from the viewpoint of the girl who helps the guy...which kinda confused me! :puppy: lol

Hmm, I thought it was a def Zack ref as I mentioned in the post, thanks for including that quote from crisis core! Sounds like square adjusted the quote slightly. It almost seems like they adjusted it to fit Aerith speaking about Cloud. Throughout FF7 Aerith always said she was going to come back and once in Cloud's dream. Those quotes are also in the post.

Btw nice to meet you! You seem nice *smiles*

EDIT: btw celeschere when you said that the loveless girl looked like tifa in ff7 thats a good point, It might well be Tifa talking about Cloud. So many possibilities. lol

xxx

Akemmi

Last edited:

Valerious

Renotologist
So you'd rather have the Japanese version with English subs than the English dubbed version? Hmm, I'll need to look it up, I'm sure other people here know but the american psp wont support the Japanese game that's the only thing. There might be an option in the game to switch the voices to japanese, I know you can do that it Naruto games and in DOA.

I'm lovin your pic and sig btw. ^o^

xxx

Akemmi

hahah love your pic too!
anyway! yep please do lemme know if you found any information about getting CC in japanese but english subs ! :joy:

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Oh, LOVELESS; a play of epic proportions, considering it's fictional and to this very day it annoys the crap out of me whenever I play CC and Genesis quotes it, because I CANNOT READ THE REST OF IT GAH.
Yes, the quote does change a bit in between games; if I hadn't wiped my FFVII savegame I could grab that one, and the one in CC, and compare - however we've all already figured out the modifications. XD

I'm basically in agreement that it's got something to do with Aerith, definitely. Maybe Zack, too, but I'm not sure on that one. But of course it's an underlying plot twist! This is Square we're talking about! :awesome:

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
hahah love your pic too!
anyway! yep please do lemme know if you found any information about getting CC in japanese but english subs ! :joy:

Will do! You need to make renotology an actual club...if it isnt already. *laughs nervously*

Oh, LOVELESS; a play of epic proportions, considering it's fictional and to this very day it annoys the crap out of me whenever I play CC and Genesis quotes it, because I CANNOT READ THE REST OF IT GAH.
Yes, the quote does change a bit in between games; if I hadn't wiped my FFVII savegame I could grab that one, and the one in CC, and compare - however we've all already figured out the modifications. XD

I'm basically in agreement that it's got something to do with Aerith, definitely. Maybe Zack, too, but I'm not sure on that one. But of course it's an underlying plot twist! This is Square we're talking about! :awesome:

I really appreciate your opinion, your very polite. ^^

I really wish we could read the rest of LOVELESS, maybe it's something square will release in the future, that would be amazing.

There are so many cunning ploys in FF7 to tease us, this is just one of many I want to know more about. As for what we do know of the LOVELESS play, it is written down here and interpreted if you haven't already had a look at it:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/LOVELESS

xxx

Akemmi

Last edited:

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
I really appreciate your opinion, your very polite. ^^

Awww, thank you so much, sweetie! :)

I really wish we could read the rest of LOVELESS, maybe it's something square will release in the future, that would be amazing.

There are so many cunning ploys in FF7 to tease us, this is just one of many I want to know more about. As for what we do know of the LOVELESS play, it is written down here and interpreted if you haven't already had a look at it:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/LOVELESS

xxx

Akemmi

I do remember seeing that sometime, somewhere, but thanks a ton for reminding me where it is!
Man, if SE ever released LOVELESS as a little (fake)leather-bound book, I'd laugh and then buy a copy. xD It'd just be so priceless, and yet not out of character for them.

Valerious

Renotologist
Will do! You need to make renotology an actual club...if it isnt already. *laughs nervously*

Hahaha! Why you laughed nervously? LOL!
What do you mean "an actual club"?

Anyway, about Aerith. I've always thought that the whole concept of Aerith mystery meaning of "coming back" totally creeps me out a little, in a good way that is. It kinda brought the player to wonder a lot about what Aerith is really thinking or doing for.

As for my view, I think I would say that it has always been Aerith and Zack all along. I bet she has always been wanting to go back to him someday. So, good thing that she died LOL, otherwise I would feel so sad for Zack. A hero that has to be alone? No way!

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
Hahaha! Why you laughed nervously? LOL!
What do you mean "an actual club"?

Anyway, about Aerith. I've always thought that the whole concept of Aerith mystery meaning of "coming back" totally creeps me out a little, in a good way that is. It kinda brought the player to wonder a lot about what Aerith is really thinking or doing for.

As for my view, I think I would say that it has always been Aerith and Zack all along. I bet she has always been wanting to go back to him someday. So, good thing that she died LOL, otherwise I would feel so sad for Zack. A hero that has to be alone? No way!

hehehehe.

I always thought because of those suggestive lines while playing the game that she would come back after her death. It's good she's together with Zack, they're both heroes of the planet. ^^

I think personally that she developed feelings for Cloud because he reminded her of Zack but at that same time she realised they were two different people.

On the down point those lines about her coming back are what fuels the INSANE Aerith's Ressurection community, if you think Cleriths are bad, you've seen nothing yet. Lol. After saying one neggative comment about their theory I got chased out by over 100 angry obsessive fans yelling
"Shun the non-believer!!!"

*shivers* No...don't go there.

xxx

Akemmi

Valerious

Renotologist
Hmm, I guess that's also because Sephiroth can't stop saying that Cloud's a puppet.
In a way, I always have the impression that Cloud is like a shadow of Zack. So, maybe a ZackxCloud thing worked better than AerithxCloud. LOL!

Anyhow, are the Aerith Ressurection THAT scary? Hahahaha! In fact it's Aerith's death that made the whole game worked so well!

She's the star man!

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
Hmm, I guess that's also because Sephiroth can't stop saying that Cloud's a puppet.
In a way, I always have the impression that Cloud is like a shadow of Zack. So, maybe a ZackxCloud thing worked better than AerithxCloud. LOL!

Anyhow, are the Aerith Ressurection THAT scary? Hahahaha! In fact it's Aerith's death that made the whole game worked so well!

She's the star man!

Yes she really is the Martyr of Final Fantasy VII. I realise she had to die for many importent reasons but It still makes me sad. At least she is with Zack now though. Yes Clack is cannon. lol

Yes, they are that scary. lol. I'd give an example of one of their articles but It's quite creepy.

xxx

Akemmi

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Kingdom Hearts II, anyone? :monster:

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
Kingdom Hearts II, anyone? :monster:

lol Maybe, sounds a bit like it but of course KH 2 wasn't even thought of when the original quote was made. Anyway what do you think about all this? A lot of us think its a Zack reference.

xxx

Akemmi

Top Bottom