• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aerith revival

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I'm hearing an obscene amount of people on Twitter almost certain that Aerith will be revived in the remake.
This is so absurd it cannot possibly be true...can it?

I think I'd smash up the console if this happens. It's such a moronic idea and they'll have to rewrite such a large amount of the storyline to make it happen.

Someone please get me off the ceiling! ?

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Get off the ceiling. Now.

Aerith's coming back, just as soon as Zack comes back and continues the story where he left off. It'll be an undead duo saving the world together.

Thank you. I needed that!

People on social media are going crazy...ier than usual.

They are saying things like "they've been dropping hints like crazy for years".

It's utter MADNESS! MADNESS I SAY!

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Nojima is involved so after ffx novella thingy fiasco ... who knows.

Besides if everyone on the internets keeps going around yelling
Aerith dies!
at the new generation of players coming in and being introduced to FFVII through the remake ... she might ... not ?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Nobody, literally nobody, part of VII's development team wants Aerith alive.

Nomura had to be coaxed into including Aerith in Kingdom Hearts, which was an AU. He wanted to use Aya Brea, but he folded after being begged by staff who were Aerith fans.

...Nojima's novella "Will" and whatever the other one was, wasn't about bringing people back.. It was about killing them, and the return of death and despair. I'd be more worried about Nojima wanting more characters dead than resurrected. :monster:

The FFX shit stemmed from Nojima's desire to bring back the iconic despair and calamity that was known to plague Spira since he felt it was part of what made X so memorable. That's from an entirely different creative place than resurrecting or preventing Aerith's death in a remake of FFVII. If anything, she'll probably die harder.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Nobody, literally nobody, part of VII's development team wants Aerith alive.

Nomura had to be coaxed into including Aerith in Kingdom Hearts, which was an AU. He wanted to use Aya Brea, but he folded after being begged by staff who were Aerith fans.

...Nojima's novella "Will" and whatever the other one was, wasn't about bringing people back.. It was about killing them, and the return of death and despair. I'd be more worried about Nojima wanting more characters dead than resurrected. :monster:

The FFX shit stemmed from Nojima's desire to bring back the iconic despair and calamity that was known to plague Spira since he felt it was part of what made X so memorable. That's from an entirely different creative place than resurrecting or preventing Aerith's death in a remake of FFVII. If anything, she'll probably die harder.
I wish they had kept all of FF7 out of Kingdom Hearts. What an abortion that series is.

That's reassuring to know though.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
We could have had fucking Parasite Eve in Kingdom Hearts!? Man, how do I get on that timeline?

Well first, you must abandon your body and become an existence of only a heart.. Because only a heart has the ability to time travel and cross world lines then you need to embrace the darkness and....

Nevermind. It's not possible. :monster:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
giphy.gif

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I could maybe see some sort of extra endgame content or DLC involving her and other deceased characters in the Lifestream somehow, but no way she gets brought back to life.

If they were going to change the circumstances of her death in any way, I imagine it would be to make it more tragic by having Cloud do it himself in the throes of a hallucination.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
What was that extra FFII game with all the dead guest party members going on a journey through hell? God that game was a meat grinder...

A party of Aeris/Jessie/President Shinra kicking ass in the ghost world would be an... interesting game.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Soul of Rebirth, and why President Shinra? lol

But yeah, something that would be like a parallel storyline to what happened to Aerith's spirit in the Lifestream and it being a surreal journey within the consciousnesses and spirit energy of the Lifestream would be really interesting.

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Shinra, because it would be interesting to see what he would be like stripped of the material greed that had polluted his spirit. What redemption might possibly await him when there is nothing to gain, nothing to lose, nothing at all.

:wacky:

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
What would randos on twitter know?
This is my thought exactly. For them to do this would cause mass hysteria. I don't think the developers would be stupid enough to change such a huge plot point in the story.

Top Bottom