AKAs on mobile

Fangu

Great Old One
Yo so, I think it would be helpful to display AKAs in some way on mobile, because it's had me confused a lot recently as I'm mostly browsing on mobile.

Then again, I'm always bawling about not recognising people so maybe this is just some sad bitch who can't keep up with people, but that's up to y'alls to decide.

Lex

Administrator
Screenshot_20190329-224159.png

So this is an example of what fangu is talking about when the site is in skinny (responsive mode), I think we should put the AKA field below the user title since there's a space for it.

@Cthulhu would you be able to knock something up and put it in extra.less? I've checked and there isnt a toggle option for this

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've hacked up a fugly hack, forcing it to be visible and giving it an absolute position on mobile (<650px width); I've added it to extras.less:

Code:
@media (max-width: 650px) {
    .message:not(.message--forceColumns) .message-userExtras {
        display: inherit;
        position: absolute;
        bottom: 18px;
        left: 67px;   
    }
}

Doesn't look right with longer AKA fields, but those should be amended anyway. Does that look all right? Image:

PCEQqc8.png

Fangu

Great Old One
Minor issue, text isn't properly pushed down for users with no icons:

Screenshot_20190401-124731.png

(Solution, give everyone an icon? :P)

Fangu

Great Old One
Yeah - it also looks odd for people with many AKAs. I figured we wouldn't be arsed fixing it as the last thing I heard was we're trying to reduce the number of AKAs to one :P (Or at least a few)

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
There's a 15 character limit on AKA's so people are actually blocked from editing anything on their profile until they've fixed it (I believe it comes up with an error message).

With the permission of the community I'd be happy to go and fix the longer AKA's for people who no longer post, but I think a reminder of the PSA on AKA's that was made when we changed boards is probably in order here.

As for the no badges scenario, I'm not sure what to do about that. I think Yop'll have to edit his edit :3

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
But I dun wanna, CSS causes me physical pain :'(. I've changed the bottom offset to a top one, seems to look alright on the one page I could find multiple people with and without AKA fields and / or with and without icons. I guess the header with icons is a bit higher than the one without.

Fangu

Great Old One
I think it's kinda cute :monster: Kinda like I REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO THESE NEW WAYS KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN

Now I'm kinda wishing I had like eight names when we migrated lol

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
We've limited the character length for AKAs but Mako hasn't update his yet.

@Makoeyes987 Sort out your AKA field or I will :awesome:

lol to be fair, I didn't know I could. :mon:

EDIT: I'm lost, I dunno how I edit that field. I can see in my profile the listed names but.. I don't see an option to take them off or anything. So I leave it in your capable hands!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
lol to be fair, I didn't know I could. :mon:

EDIT: I'm lost, I dunno how I edit that field. I can see in my profile the listed names but.. I don't see an option to take them off or anything. So I leave it in your capable hands!
What do you want to have it changed too?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, you don't need to include the Marquis one and the Christian Bale ones, lol.

That should make the field fit more appropriately, right?

Top Bottom