• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Album of Awesome

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As for YGO, Omega (I suppose I should comment on that one:monster:) which language do you mean? I actually really like the English one with the huge exception of that damn d-d-d-duel part of course. But besides that I really like the middle-eastern sound it has going for it.

Also, Inspector Gadget was in the 80s?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
OMG COPS! DUDE I USED TO WATCH THAT SHOW!!!

I had forgotten about it, but now I remember its awesomeness. <3

Pixel

The Pixie King
GARjin!- themes of people who exemplify the trope of GAR, but who aren't Japanese in origin. Batman, Samurai Jack, Mace Windu, folks like that. Taking suggestions.
Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy:awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Awesome.

And I WAS planning on avoiding JP themes for the most part, hence why there are four out of forty, but I suppose an Awesome JP can come out.

As for why I chose dreams over either Gundam Wing theme- Wing gets enough love on its own. I don't deny their awesome, but I knew my not including them was no big loss to the theme. By contrast, Gundam X gets no love.

Inspector Gadget was 1983

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
That song is very fitting for the tone of SatAM. That show actually had a good plot, not just Sonic running around all the time like he was on crack. It also aired in the early 90's, you are forgetting what kind of cultural influences it had at the time. You are missing out on your list of awesome if you don't include it.

I am dissapoint, Ryu. :sadpanda:

VERY DISSAPOINT!!!!

But the song isn't talking about the good plot. At all. It's talking about sonic being fast and having an attitude.

Fine.

If you are all going to be poops then you'd better add this one to the list:

It's the only way I'll forgive you. </3

This sounds different from the one attached to the other OPs of the show I found, which honestly sounded kind of depressed. This one sounds remotely pumped.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
But the song isn't talking about the good plot. At all. It's talking about sonic being fast and having an attitude.

It matches the imagery of the intro better, though.

And it sounds better than other Sonic songs.

This sounds different from the one attached to the other OPs of the show I found, which honestly sounded kind of depressed. This one sounds remotely pumped.

That show might have had a couple different versions of that song that played depending on if it was a weekday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Can you tell me how much Que is paying you, Tenny, cause I totally will keep talking up Sonic for money too. :monster:

crack

Donator
As for YGO, Omega (I suppose I should comment on that one:monster:) which language do you mean? I actually really like the English one with the huge exception of that damn d-d-d-duel part of course. But besides that I really like the middle-eastern sound it has going for it.

I love that part.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Can you tell me how much Que is paying you, Tenny, cause I totally will keep talking up Sonic for money too. :monster:

One million dollars :awesome:

And I see someone else liked Heathcliff, but I was told no. So, Ryu, is it just songs you think are awesome or if enough people request one will you add it? :monster: Sometimes a song can be epic because of the memories attached to it. Also what about Tiny Toons and Animaniacs?

Sonic being fast and having an attitude is one of the things that made the plot awesome.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I seriously think the SatAM theme is awesome. Seriously, how can you deny its memorability and awesomeness? Just include it in the album, it's cool. :monster:

Regarding YGO:

You know, in a strange change of character, I have to say that the original opener for YGO done by 4kids wasn't really that bad. It was good. I much prefer the original Japanese ones, but back then, those openings were pretty cool. Kinda funny saying that, but I guess it only proves 4kids went downhill with every year.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I seriously think the SatAM theme is awesome. Seriously, how can you deny its memorability and awesomeness? Just include it in the album, it's cool.
and now you get a million dollars :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
There is, actually, a quasi objective standard for what qualifies as awesome.
I'm certainly not averse to taking suggestions on the album, but as a rule, it helps to either have a thumping thumping bass line, and escalating riffs.

Also, the point of the album is to judge the theme solely as its own as a song. How good or bad the series was is entirely besides the point.
BTW, both of those songs can go in the second album. There is a sorting algorythm for Awesome, and just because it wasn't sufficiently awesome the first time, it doesn't mean it can't make it in for round 2.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
ITT: Fags boo hoo about their precious songs being in an album made by some nigger.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
In fact, why don't all of you make your own "Album of Awesome" and share them with us?

This thread brought up quite a few songs I forgot about, and would be interested in seeing what you chumps got to offer.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
DISNEY AFTERNOON OMGOMG

Not from Disney Afternoon but still Disney:

This one I can't remember if it was Disney Afternoon or not but it was still a good show:

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I watched every single one of those except for Gummi bears. I never got home from school in time. I always walked in the door right when the end credits were playing. T_T

I didn't watch Marsubalami too much, though. But I did catch it on Saturday mornings a couple times.

More shows I watched:

<---Ignore the annoying text the uploader decided to add.

Did I watch too much TV when I was a kid?

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Interestingly, several of these were on the short list for the 1st album, but were omitted in favor of others for various reasons.

Could not find a version with rich enough sound, this one included.

On the short list from the beginning, I always felt it was missing something.
That something was the sound effects, which are missing from the soundtrack I captured it from.

Again, no version found with proper sound. Even this one garbles mid song.

Also, it's not 'themes to awesome shows' but 'awesome themes to shows', and awesome is typically defined as having frenetic energy, escalating chords, heavy heavy base line, an epic sense of scale, or the sense folks are wearing themselves out each time they play. Sometimes, the mere lack of one of these was enough to remove a song from my list of 'awesome' even if I actually really liked it. Like Talespin. It lacked 'something' that made it awesome, even though I liked it.

Top Bottom