Albums you are looking forward to this year?

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
This year is honestly a big year in music for me and there's quite a few albums i'm looking forward to. What about you guys?

For me its;
Devin Townsends proposed 4 albums he's going to release this year.

Mastodons Crack the Skye (even though I got a leek download from aaron)

Lamb of Gods Wrath

Isis' new album (got a leek also from aaron)

The Fall of Troys new album

New Gojira

maudlin of the Wells unrealeasd recordings.

Lupe Fiasco's LUP E.N.D

new Mos Def

new converge

and there's plently more to probs be announced for me later in the year.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Ken (from L'arc en Ciel), his new solo cd.

Vamps cd

Gackts new cd (most anticipated)

Mucc just came out with a CD and its pretty amazing.

new LM.C cd

New Abingdon Boys School single comes out soon as well.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Of the ones that haven't leaked yet, the big ones for me are:

Moonsorrow
Shining (Swe)
maudlin of the Well
Converge
Dark Tribe
Drudkh
Walknut
Atheist
Sigh
My Bloody Valentine (possible)
Änglagård (possible)
Immortal (possible)
Gorguts (possible)
Negativa (possible)
The Ruins of Beverast
Wintersun

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting. Also it looks like Gojira has leaked, I'll post it on fcf. never mind that was an old album, sorry.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
How do you lot keep up with news and whatnot about such subjects? Visit all those bands' sites or something?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Most of them were mentioned by other people on FG awhile ago :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
New maudlin of the Well.

Was looking forward to new Wolves in the Throne Room too, but thats already been released.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Add the possible My Bloody Valentine to my list as well. But I don't think it could be anything near as good as Loveless. =/

also yop, either aaron or lastfm is where I get all my news from. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I only discover when a band has a new album if I accidentally stumble across it on my fav music torrent site, http://rockbox.psychocydd.co.uk/. And if Aaron makes mention it, off course, :monster:.

That also just gave me an idea of a website: a site that, in essence, keeps track of all music news and new releases, in which the members can indicate what band they want to get news on, so that each member gets a filtered set of news. of sorts.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That's a pretty awesome idea, fgj. Would be difficult to get the exposure/staff to get such a thing running at first, but once it's going it could attract a shitload of traffic/money. :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
'twould be a good area of focus for One Forum To Rule Them All, methinks. If we just try to launch it using one community, or even start a new one, it probably wouldn't get off the ground.

Purple

Charmed
Truth be told, I don't buy albums anymore.

I do remember them good ol days when I used to collect them.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't think it would be too difficult to get a version up either. I should have time left after the move to vB in the evenings, I could see if I can set up a prototype site / app.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Setting up the software should honestly be the easy part; assembling a staff to cover every band people would want to focus on would be substantially moar difficult. Though I guess we could just use RSS feeds from bands' official MySpaces for some of it, :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, if MySpace has things in one format, that would be pretty easy. And people could report news themselves, thus helping the site out - make it community-like and whatnot. Optionally, if there's enough demand for news or info on a certain band, it would even be possible to create a custom bot that scans the websites of those bands (if any) on a regular basis, extracting news. A lot of automation would be possible, really.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
True enough, but what I'm saying is that it would take a lot of manpower to get it to the point where it'd be useful enough to attract enough people for the community to be run entirely by community volunteers, if that makes sense :monster:. Basically, the moar momentum we have at start, the likelier it'll be that the site will make an actual large impact.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yush, I get you. Automation would be the win in this particular case, simply add a list of band's myspace pages and we'd already have a massive store of news sources.

But blegh, I'll see if I can get a prototype up wicba. I'd like to focus on TLS this week though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
sounds good. I'll endeavour to bring up the idea on other forums I poast at shortly as well, :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yar, just don't make them too enthousiastic / get too worked up yourself, I can't make any guarantees of any kind, :monster:.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I tend to use Livejournal groups and Myspace groups to find information on the bands I listen to, also, since I listen to alot of japanese bands, the site JaMe is really good for Japanese band news and announcements.

I forgot to add Versailles to my list. I forgot they just got signed to Warner Music Japan a little while ago for releasing their material worldwide and their first Major single is coming out in June.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Oh, the Propagandhi album. Without a doubt what I'm most excited for this year.

Propagandhi are fucking sick.

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
Looking forward to Wintersun's new one if they ever get around to releasing the fucker... it's been, what, 5 years now?

Top Bottom