All Chapter Scripts (in Japanese)

That's awesome! I really want to know any info on Tseng's extra episode because all I've ever found is on wiki, which just says that it exists.

rickysee

Rookie Adventurer
I have the plot summary of Tseng's special episode. I got it from ACF. If you like I can send it to you or you prefer I post it here?

rickysee

Rookie Adventurer
Alright then I'll post here, enjoy =D

Special Episode of Tseng
Costa del Sol (XX/XX/97)

Tseng is given the mission of investigating the strange kidnapping of a Shinra soldier from one of the Mako Reactors. He is under the command of his idol, Chief Verdot, who has sent him to search a mysterious unregistered vessel that has appeared in the Costa del Sol harbour for information. Concluding that the only purpose of kidnapping a Reactor guard would be to learn more about the Reactor itself, Tseng believes that the rescue of the soldier is important before he reveals any secrets.
Boarding the ship, he finds Wutai militants patrolling its passages. He defeats them and arrives at the control room, where he notices the kidnapped guard on one of the monitors. Finding the tortured soldier in the confinement room, he discovers a more sinister plot. The soldier explains that the Wutai Army have been buying stolen Shinra weapons from a black market weapon seller, and have been stocking them aboard the ship. Torn between his duty as a Turk to investigate the weapons further and his determination to complete his mission to rescue the soldier, Tseng opt for the latter, and escapes the ship with the man.
Several days later, Verdot tells Tseng that he was wrong to choose the guard’s life over company secret and that he has failed in his duty as a Turk. President Shinra orders that the Turks destroy the weapons and all its data, as well as locate the leak within the company who gave the weapon seller information on the stolen weapons’ existence. Verdot tells Tseng that they will be going together, and Tseng is stunned as he feels he doesn’t deserve to be included in such an important mission.
Arriving back at the ship in Costa del Sol, Tseng and Verdot fight their way through the passages against the enemy. Verdot heads to the hanger where the weapons are being stored while Tseng is ordered to the control room to find and delete all files regarding the weapons. As he erases the files from the computer system, Wutai militants break in and escape with a hard copy of the data.
At the same time, the weapons begin to attack Chief Verdot. Tseng goes to help his mentor, but Verdot orders that he complete his own task of deleting the files and retrieving the hard data – such is the duty of a Turk. Finally locating and defeating the enemies, Tseng collects the data and makes his way to the hanger to aid Verdot.
Together, they battle and destroy the mass numbers of machines. Afterwards, Verdot tells Tseng that he is impressed by what he has learned, but as the two try to leave, there is an explosion. As the ship sinks, the ceiling collapses, and Tseng is trapped beneath a steel girder. He tells Verdot to escape and make sure the Turks accomplish their mission, but Verdot goes against what he has taught Tseng and saves the young man’s life.
Tseng wakes from intensive care days later to find that Verdot has a scar on his cheek to show his bravery for rescuing him. He feels guilty, but Verdot explains that it reminds him of his daughter and that life is about more than just a job. They are informed that the Shinra leak has been located in the area around Kalm, and that Verdot has to lead the mission to eliminate the threat. He agrees, knowing that it will give him more time to spend with his daughter. Tseng is commended for uncovering the weapon plot.

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
It was me who wrote that summary a while back based on the Japanese script from Dark Ocean.

Please try to credit where possible, rickysee.

[quote author=S and G link=topic=114.msg2620#msg2620 date=1229628603]
It was me who wrote that summary a while back based on the Japanese script from Dark Ocean.

[/quote]

Ah, good to know who wrote it. I've been planning on rewording it and putting it on my Tseng fansite, would you still want credit? (Not sure if you personally translated or whatnot, but I like to ask people just in case they do want credit for stuff).

rickysee

Rookie Adventurer

[/quote]

Oh sorry S and G, I'll keep that in mind in future :P

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=114.msg2779#msg2779 date=1229659264]

[/quote]

Ah, good to know who wrote it. I've been planning on rewording it and putting it on my Tseng fansite, would you still want credit? (Not sure if you personally translated or whatnot, but I like to ask people just in case they do want credit for stuff).
[/quote]

The summary above was actually a shortened version of the original I wrote which has a lot more detail to it. I'll post the extended summaries of Tseng, Reno and Legend when I get a chance in this section of the forum. I suggest you use the extended one. And you're more than welcome to use my work, but I would appreciate a level of credit for it if that's okay?

@rickysee

Don't worry about it, I'm not that fussed. It's just for future reference as some people can be understandably pissy about it. I'll be reposting the chapter summaries anyway.

Top Bottom