• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

An Interview With CC/BC/Type-0 Scenario Director, Hajime Tabata

Lex

Administrator
Just came across this interview with the scenario director for CC and Type-0. Haven't finished reading it yet, will update here when I do/ if there's anything newsworthy.

Interview.

EDIT: Ummmmm...

Will FF Type-0 be localized for North America and Europe? If so, when?

Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away.

What the hell does that mean?

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
It's just the weird and creepy doublespeech. I think it's been badly translated tbh. I mean I get the general message is an astronomical "wait and see" but: "so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor" just doesn't make any sense.

I want to slap SE.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Nah, man, I don't even need to see the original Japanese dialogue/text to tell you the translation is probably not bad. Interviews with Japanese businessmen or media figures are notorious for being a waste of time when the topic is something that hasn't already happened. Especially if the one being interviewed is not the decision maker.

Double-speech, repeating the question back, going off on a tangent and never coming back around -- they make an art of this. And the useless "journalists" just go along for the ride.

"Don't rock the boat" seems to be the standard approach all around the table in the Japanese media.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
To me it essentially seems "politician speech", which the Japanese are masters of. So yes, I concur with Tres.

That was interesting to see that CC was not a project Tabata wished for but rather something Kitase told him to do. Thanks for the link!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
405002_10102537024085330_1874888576_n.jpg
is relevant, :monster:

Although the interview doesn't say much, I went ahead and added the category "Off-site Interviews" to the Before Crisis and Crisis Core content pages, linking to this GameSpot article.

I can see the issue that arises if an interview were to speak about the Compilation as a whole (which leaves us with no single page to place it at). In what page would you then link to the interview? Should there be a separate page for interviews with the developers? I do not know yet.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I've been thinking it over and really can't come up with anything better than linking from each related game's page when the relevant link comes along. Though that's a pain in the ass, it would be difficult to justify an interviews page when most new interviews (because FFVII has so many of those these days) will show up in news articles.

Unless you plan to hunt down a lot of old interviews just for the sake of justifying the page. Also a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom