Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I wanted a thread to discuss this game, so I decided to make one. So, does anyone else have this game yet? I've had it for a week now and I've been loving the fuck out of it. It's definitely the best Animal Crossing game so far.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I dont have it yet but I'm probably going to rent it at some point. Would you say it's more different than the previous games? Cos they were good but pretty samey, is there enough new stuff?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Oh there's a fuckton of new stuff. It's definitely different enough from the previous games. I recommend buying instead of renting though, as it's not really a game you play for a few days and then be done with it.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Ahh but I'm with Lovefilm, no due dates or late fees. I've had luigis mansion for about 2months now :monster:

I would buy, I have a bit of an obsession about owning things, but we're trying to save up atm :(

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i appreciate the fact that you can now bundle fruit that is literally the best addition

I LOVE THIS GAME

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I love how it's so much easier to make bells than in the other games. All you have to do is go to the island after 7pm, make sure all the non-palm trees are cut down and the flowers picked or dug up, and just catch all the rare beetles that spawn on the trees, as well as any sharks you see. You can easily make 300k to 400k this way. Gotta love the island. Bundling fruit is cool too.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
at first i was kinda :| that bells were so easy to make, but considering just how much you have to spend in this game compared to the others, it's justified. i also like the little additions to the town, and you need to wait a week before getting the cafe. i know a lot of people time travel (i did too for a bit, out of desperation for an axe) but it actually helps the game's pacing so you don't have to spend ALL THE BELLS

the island tours are so much fun aaaaah

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I am fucking obsessed with this game. It has been eating all my free time the past while dsjfdhsjgl.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I really like this game, even though I don't really have any idea what I'm doing. I've never played Animal Crossing before, so I basically just fish and water my flowers.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
oh oh here let me share some tips with you as an animal crossing veteran!!! you might have figured some of these out already but just in case!!

- one rock each day will have bells when you hit it. you can hit it several times within a few seconds to get more and more bells (starts at 100, ends around 4,000 or so). because hitting the rock moves your character, try to dig holes or line your back against something so you don't move (rocks also drop gems now but idk if thats once a day or not)
- go to the island during the day in the summer and just stand out there and you'll tan. seriously. tans range from level 1 (light tan, happens when you stand there for an hour) to level 5 tan (black, 5+ hours) from what i hear level 5 tan is permanent, so you can actually make your character black if you like
- make sure you're talking to sable every day to unlock the sewing machine so you can use the qr codes for rly cute outfits!!!
- GRASS DETERIORATION THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT running around/time lapses wear out the grass so there's big brown patches and the only way to fix this is to plant flowers on the bald spot and water them every day! (rain accelerates grass growth, and using fertilizer for flowers helps as well)

um um i'm trying to remember any other tips well if you need any help unlocking stuff let me know!!! also anyone wanna swap friend codes?? i need to open my gates more (i always forget) but if we can maybe schedule times that work for everyone!!

i have silver level tools if anyone would like some and p much all my shops are open (just working on the cafe now)

honestly though i really like wasting hours at the club doing the two step dance

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
Thanks for the help!

I went to the island for the first time today and I think I accidentally sold my shoes? I took them off to go swimming and now my character is just running around in socks. Do the Able Sisters sell new ones?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I played the shit out of Animal Crossing: Wild World on the DS back in 2006, as it was my first game for the console. But a couple of months later I got bored of it, and I've barely touched it since. I did play it earlier this year - I spent a good couple of hours weeding the town - but then I left it alone for a while and realised I couldn't be bothered to go back. It felt more like a chore than a game. Am I alone in thinking that? I'll be interested in seeing if New Leaf is any different.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Thanks for the help!

I went to the island for the first time today and I think I accidentally sold my shoes? I took them off to go swimming and now my character is just running around in socks. Do the Able Sisters sell new ones?

there's a separate store called kicks that sells shoes/socks/stockings. you have to spend 8,000 at able sisters (+ your town has to be at least 10 days old)

also a neat trick for more inventory space: use letters to hold items as presents

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I'm up for swapping FCs. Mine's 0087-3597-0870.

Oh, and btw, you don't actually want to plant flowers on the dirt patches. You aactually want to plant it on the grass near the dirt patches. And it doesn't have to be summer for you to tan on the island. It's summer all year long on the island.

So what ordinances do you guys have? I went with Night Owl since I tend to stay up late on most nights.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I picked the keep my city beautiful one because I was tired of fishing up tires and empty cans.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I'm up for swapping FCs. Mine's 0087-3597-0870.

Oh, and btw, you don't actually want to plant flowers on the dirt patches. You aactually want to plant it on the grass near the dirt patches. And it doesn't have to be summer for you to tan on the island. It's summer all year long on the island.

So what ordinances do you guys have? I went with Night Owl since I tend to stay up late on most nights.

ah, thanks. i was using city folk rules for the tanning.

i went with beautiful town as well (these animals don't donate shit to anything they might as well plant some flowers)

my friend code is 1349-5314-2223

Last edited:

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
Update time!

- I figured out how to open up Kicks (thank you!) and the second level of the museum.
- My animals threw me a birthday party and gave me some birthday cake!
- I keep giving gifts to Nana (I want her mermaid lamp) but now she keeps trying to sell me the gifts that I gave her.
- I accidentally hit Tex with a shovel and he gave me a t-shirt.
- I have five rooms in my house and I don't know how to decorate any of them. The Happy Home Academy guy only gives me ~7,000 points.

I don't know what my friend code is, but I'll try to figure out how to find it and share it on here!

Top Bottom