Animation Shorts

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Animation Shorts

tirnanog.jpg

I love them, so I thought "Why not?"

In this thread, we'll post any small animated video we thought is noteworthy, either from YouTube, or from any other source.

Rules
Yes, there are rules. Kindly appreciated if you do follow them.

• The animation shorts will have to be independent and original. In other words, don't post AMVs, previews from animated series or trailers.
  • Music videos, whose official videos include original animation are OK (ex. Gorillaz, Daft Punk - One More Time, etc.).
  • You CAN post animations from amateurs.
  • There is no time limit, but please, keep in mind that this thread is called "Animation Shorts". Don't put a whole film in parts here!
  • Yes, you can post Japanimation shorts.
  • Please, try to keep the posts without a video at a limit. I want this rule to be followed, because I want anyone who comes in this thread for the first time not to be forced to browse throughout the thread to find some videos. In other words, more videos, less commenting. I'd like this thread to have a gallery character.
  • Try not to put the same video twice. I know that if this thread grows (which I hope), it'll be inevitable to have repeats, but do try. Besides, watching the videos is the primary goal of this thread. :)
  • When posting a video, try and find some information about it either from Wiki or other sources, like, how it was created, by whom and when.

Have fun!!! :D

And some of my own favourites:

The Old Man and the Sea in Google Video.​

Created in 1999, by Alexander Pertov. As you can guess from the title, it's an adaptation of the novel by Ernest Hemingway. The technique is paint-on-glass animation. The painter creates the first frame with oil paint of glass, it is photographed and then, the painter makes small changes for the next frame (because oil on glass takes a long time to dry), etc.

Winner for Best Animation Short Oscar.

La Maison en Petits Cubes (つみきのいえ, Tsumiki no Ie, "The House of Small Cubes")

La Maison en Petits Cubes (つみきのいえ Tsumiki no Ie, "The House of Small Cubes") is a 2008 Japanese animated short subject film created by Kunio Katō, with music by Kenji Kondo. It won several prizes, the most important of which being the Grand prize for short films (the Annecy Cristal) at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in 2008 and the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film in 2009. It was also included in the Animation Show of Shows in 2008.
By Wiki.

Rain Town

Rain Town is another doujin anime short created by Hiroyasu Ishida, who made a name for himself with the 2009 anime short Fumiko's Confession (Fumiko no Kokuhaku). Ishida was studying in the Animation department at Kyoto Seika University's famed Faculty of Manga. Along with fellow student Yoshida Shougo, he worked on his Rain Town anime short as his graduation project for at least two years.

Jojo in the Stars

Dir. Marc Craste / UK / 2004

In a bleak and desolate world, a small creature seeks out the woman of his dreams: a high-flying circus performer with a cruel and possessive ringmaster.

Winner Best Animation at the 2004 Clermont-Ferrand International Film Festival.

Winner BAFTA for best animated short 2004
Your turn! :D

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Here are some creepy animations that I remember from my childhood. Channel 4 in the UK used to be pretty good at showing animated shorts. I don't think they do it anymore though.

Paul Driessen - Killing an egg. This was supposed to be funny, but as a kid it scared the crap out of me. I don't know why :lol:

Jan Svankmajer - Meat Love. I think his work is some of the most creepy stuff commited to film. Check out his version of 'Alice' and 'Little Otik'

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

FILM INFORMATIONS:

An animated film directed by Fursy Teyssier. Graduation film. 2007.
Fursy Teyssier' s Myspace: myspace.com/autumnlandscapes

Original soundtrack: The American Dollar
myspace.com/americandollarband

Sound design: Yan Volsy
myspace.com/yanvolsy

I only know this because it's the same guy behind Les Discrets, which is winning :monster:.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Balance (1989)

Dir: Wolfgang and Christoph Lauenstein, Germany, 1989.
Academy Award for Best Animated Short (1989).

Santa, The Fascist Years

We all think of Santa as "Jolly ole St.Nick". But who knew that he has a dark hidden past that's very un-jolly? This short film uncovers and explores Santa's flirtation with politics and greed.

Created by Bill Plympton

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Part in the CIA

Also, Stop Forwarding that Crap to me. It's simple, in that it's 'just' text and camera work, but it's well done.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I enjoyed this one (posted a thread about it elsewhere, but this thread seems relevant).

Azureus Rising

Also, since it's not used by many people (and might be unknown by some people) the

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Fallen Art

Dir: Tomek Baginski / Poland / 2005

In an old forgotten military base far from civilization, a group of deranged military officers nurture their insanity.

For more info: http://www.fallen-art.com/
The Thomas Beale Cipher

Info on the film.

Based on a true legend of the famous unsolved code.

The film contains 16 hidden messages that hold clues to the characters' secrets. Eight are fairly easy requiring only a close eye. Six are moderately difficult using various encryption methods. Two are extremely difficult requiring a genius mind to decrypt.

Top Bottom