• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Anime Boston 2009?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=519.msg17824#msg17824 date=1234584079]
Anyone planning on attending? Trying to decide if it would be worth my time.
[/quote]

Well, no - but if it's not too soon perhaps I could save up and make a trip! It'd be cool to see Boston, go to a convention, and perhaps see a friend. :) I'll have to search for it.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Arianna said:
Well, no - but if it's not too soon perhaps I could save up and make a trip! It'd be cool to see Boston, go to a convention, and perhaps see a friend. I'll have to search for it.
If you went I'd definitely go. :D Don't have enough room to put anyone up or anything, but I can certainly help you get around the city and see cool places and whatnot.

It's May 22-24. Anime Boston None of the guests really scream to me "OMG GO" or anything...but maybe we can hold out hope for Steven Blum. ;D

cookie monster said:
I from New York...cba.
Fuck New York. =)

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=519.msg17973#msg17973 date=1234632600]It's May 22-24. Anime Boston None of the guests really scream to me "OMG GO" or anything...but maybe we can hold out hope for Steven Blum. ;D

cookie monster said:
I from New York...cba.
Fuck New York. =)
[/quote]

Hey! I'm in the Philly area! What about us?

And, I took a look at the Anime Boston's website, specifically the guest list.

Yeah, no one I really care to meet (as in, I have heard of him/her, and I like his/her stuff.) Could they book more guests, or is that all?

Hmmmm... May's not too bad. Let me see what I can do. Anything else scheduled to go on in Boston (or around abouts there) during this weekend?

If anything, I could just come up to meet you and hang out. I mean we could check out the dealers and artists, of course, but I don't think there's any events I'm too thrilled about...

Anyhow - I will look into it, but nothing definite yet. :)

A

Great Old One
Damnit, I go on June for my sister's graduation in Milton! I didn't even know there was a Boston Anime Expo!

A

Great Old One
I live in Cali., so at least there's the Anime Expo 2009 to go then for me. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
We have Anime Detour here, but I don't know if I'll have anyone to go with. :(

A

Great Old One
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=519.msg18963#msg18963 date=1234867243]
We have Anime Detour here, but I don't know if I'll have anyone to go with. :(
[/quote]
Where's the Anime Detour? And if you're friends don't want to go, you can go to their site and into their forums for a gathering (if they have a forum). I only went to the Anime Expo with one friend last year so we met up with others by the forum. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm afraid to go to the Anime Detour forum. I met a really clingy and desperate guy on there who creeped the flip out of me. I made the ill choice of giving him my number but he eventually got the hint when I stopped answering his phone calls and never called him back. XD

And Anime Detour is in the Twin Cities. St. Paul this year I do believe. It used to be in Bloomington but it outgrew the facility.

A

Great Old One
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=519.msg18968#msg18968 date=1234867744]
I'm afraid to go to the Anime Detour forum. I met a really clingy and desperate guy on there who creeped the flip out of me. I made the ill choice of giving him my number but he eventually got the hint when I stopped answering his phone calls and never called him back. XD

And Anime Detour is in the Twin Cities. St. Paul this year I do believe. It used to be in Bloomington but it outgrew the facility.
[/quote]
Now that's scary - don't want that happening again <_< Then maybe you can drug one of your friends and force them to come along with you? :monster: Or you can go alone. One of my friends went alone last year, and ended up having a great time.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Arianna said:
Yeah, no one I really care to meet (as in, I have heard of him/her, and I like his/her stuff.) Could they book more guests, or is that all?
Yeah that's my gripe too, but I'm kinda hoping there'll be something more interesting that turns up. After watching those YouTube vids that I posted in Chaosbringers, I'm pretty sure it would tickle the hell out of me to see to see Steven Blum someday and make him say weird things in Vincent's voice, lulz.

That other guy from FMA was fairly entertaining, too. I'm really not into a whole lot of specific anime, so I don't know what's what. These days, I just like the art.

BBM said:
Damnit, I go on June for my sister's graduation in Milton! I didn't even know there was a Boston Anime Expo!
She goes to high school in Milton or is there a college out there?

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi
This is weird, but although I like anime well enough, and am pretty obsessive with my collection (buying the limited releases and originals in JP), I've never gone to an actual anime convention.

What are these things like?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
BBM said:
She goes to high school there :3
Lolz, I forgot this thread existed. :monster:

Do you live near Boston, then?

@H— I really have no idea. I've only ever been to Dragon Con. But I do hope to cosplay someday with someone who'd be willing to cosplay with me and have fun. I'd love to do Aeris and/or Lucrecia..

Not anywhere NEAR my own city though, lol.

Top Bottom