... Another Animated Movie?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Anyone hear of this? There's reportedly supposed to be a trailer that came out yesterday about an animation that's going to take place two years after the events of Advent Children? Where's this trailer? In case you're wondering, I frequent FFVII Citadel, and that's where I learned of this; as well, it's been mentioned in one of the clubs I am a member of here, via a link to a forum off site.

[quote author=Arianna link=topic=447.msg13345#msg13345 date=1233519831]
Anyone hear of this? There's reportedly supposed to be a trailer that came out yesterday about an animation that's going to take place two years after the events of Advent Children? Where's this trailer? In case you're wondering, I frequent FFVII Citadel, and that's where I learned of this; as well, it's been mentioned in one of the clubs I am a member of here, via a link to a forum off site.
[/quote]
My searches have given nothing. Citadel's apparent source, N4G, also mentions nothing about the trailer being specifically about the OVA. They only say the trailer is RELATED to the 12th anniversary of the japanese FFVII release.
While I would really like to see what style this OVA is in, I hope any trailer would be no longer than 30 seconds. Don't want them to give away too mcuh.

Isabella

Your Mom
There's a new OVA coming with ACC, but we know next to nothing about it. As for that rumor of a trailer, I thought that came from that magazine scan that looks all kinds of fake.

If it was a legitimate reference to a trailer, couldn't it have been to the ACC one that just came out?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Perhaps this OVA must be after DoC, I wish to know what happens to everyone after DoC, not another cycle of conflicts this world of FFVII is mostly accustomed to.

[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=447.msg13363#msg13363 date=1233522170]
Perhaps this OVA must be after DoC, I wish to know what happens to everyone after DoC, not another cycle of conflicts this world of FFVII is mostly accustomed to.
[/quote]
If another world threatening conflict happens shortly after DoC I'll just go '*sigh* Again? A tea party would have been something new at least. :monster:'

The 12th anniversary of FFVII seems to have spawned rumours across the interwebz. I suppose it is only expected.
I really want to know what style the OVA is!!

Isabella

Your Mom
My bet is on one of two things: it's either an animated look at some events of OTWTAS, or it's a Genesis-happy teaser to the inevitable sequel.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
N4G obviously sucks, as those scans are incredibly fake, and have no right fooling anyone with brain function.

As for the "On the Way to a Smile-related content" that FF7 Citadel mentions being in the trailers. I thought this had been explained, but I suppose there are still people in the dark. ACC is including a collected paperback with all the On the Way to a Smile stories: Case of Denzel, Tifa, the Japanese version of Barret's, plus new Cases for Yuffie, Red XIII, and the Turks.

As for the OVA, I haven't heard anything neccesarily regarding one, only that ACC will include a look at something taking place two years after AC (and one year after DC). It might be an OVA or special feature, or it might just be part of the main film.

Since the Jump Festa '09 trailer showed a scene from Case of Denzel, which is a series of flashbacks framed around a conversation between Denzel and Reeve two years after AC, it could very well be a CGI version of that short story. I honestly wouldn't expect anything more, but it certainly could be something new.

Isabella

Your Mom
I do believe it's been confirmed that the disc includes a new OVA, but nothing about what it contains or when it takes place.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It is, under the details of what's on the disk. The bonus features were the OVA, ACC trailer, and others.

I don't think ACC itself includes OTWTAS compilation, just that it'll be released at the same time (??????).

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Ah, you are indeed correct.

Still, there hasn't been anything directly connecting the "two years later" with the OVA feature. I suppose it might even just mean Last Order? It does just say "OVA", after all.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
[quote author=Suzaku link=topic=447.msg13462#msg13462 date=1233538931]
Ah, you are indeed correct.

Still, there hasn't been anything directly connecting the "two years later" with the OVA feature. I suppose it might even just mean Last Order? It does just say "OVA", after all.
[/quote]

I thought there was a translation of a new OVA, and not just an OVA. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if they put LO on it--it had a limited release in Japan, with Advent Pieces, and I'd bet a few fans were upset that they missed out on part of the Compilation. I guess NA was lucky with that one.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Other reports on it have called it a completely new OVA, so if LO is in there I would think it'll be in addition to this new one.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=447.msg14005#msg14005 date=1233635438]
Two years later? Bitches better not fuck up my fanfic, that's all I have to say. :monster:
[/quote]

All of our fanfics are already fucked up! :P I swear SE searches the web and scrutinizes our stuff, just to make it redundant with the next portion of the Compilation. ;D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
[quote author=Arianna link=topic=447.msg14385#msg14385 date=1233757072]
Two years later? Bitches better not fuck up my fanfic, that's all I have to say. :monster:
[/quote]

All of our fanfics are already fucked up! :P I swear SE searches the web and scrutinizes our stuff, just to make it redundant with the next portion of the Compilation. ;D
[/quote]

Oh Pooh. The FF7 fandom sussed the plan. Time to start yanking the chain of another one...

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=447.msg14404#msg14404 date=1233760521]
[quote author=Arianna link=topic=447.msg14385#msg14385 date=1233757072]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh Pooh. The FF7 fandom sussed the plan. Time to start yanking the chain of another one...
[/quote]

Hey, I don't think they know my plans for the team in their 70s or older. Cloud can't hear very well, and attempts to still use the Buster Sword, Barret is wheelchair bound but still whipping those arms of his up and down, verbally ranting and raving all the way, Cid is dead and decomposing or a skeleton lying in some corner of the Sierra, Vincent's probably the only one who will remain looking young and now an extra burden placed on him (ie: the aged group). I haven't really thought out Tifa and Yuffie yet - but I guess they could be old, gossipy, half to not hearing women, shouting at the young whipper-snappers who happen to disrespect them, knitting all the way. Well, we know that Red XIII ages slowly, so... He'll be stuck helping Vincent, and/or laughing behind their backs, whichever. And then, Sephiroth re-emerges, better yet, he's allowed his three 'sons' to remain their own selves and they all attack! Cloud is like, 'Wait! Let me get my sword!' He's reaching behind his shoulders every which way to grab hold of the hilt, Tifa has to run up to him as best as she can to help, Barret rolls up, cursing Cloud out for being a lazy ass... :D lol

[quote author=Arianna link=topic=447.msg14444#msg14444 date=1233774851]
Hey, I don't think they know my plans for the team in their 70s or older. Cloud can't hear very well, and attempts to still use the Buster Sword, Barret is wheelchair bound but still whipping those arms of his up and down, verbally ranting and raving all the way, Cid is dead and decomposing or a skeleton lying in some corner of the Sierra, Vincent's probably the only one who will remain looking young and now an extra burden placed on him (ie: the aged group). I haven't really thought out Tifa and Yuffie yet - but I guess they could be old, gossipy, half to not hearing women, shouting at the young whipper-snappers who happen to disrespect them, knitting all the way. Well, we know that Red XIII ages slowly, so... He'll be stuck helping Vincent, and/or laughing behind their backs, whichever. And then, Sephiroth re-emerges, better yet, he's allowed his three 'sons' to remain their own selves and they all attack! Cloud is like, 'Wait! Let me get my sword!' He's reaching behind his shoulders every which way to grab hold of the hilt, Tifa has to run up to him as best as she can to help, Barret rolls up, cursing Cloud out for being a lazy ass... :D lol
[/quote]
I've thought about how interesting it is that it could NEVER be part of the narrative to have Cloud & Co be old. Just think about it, Cloud's hair would NOT be able to stand the usual way once it is all old and grey. And wrinkles?! God forbid if any CG-realised Final Fantasy character will EVER have WRINKLES! :monster:

Out of all the directions Square could or will go, this will never be one of them.

Edit: Cid being wrinkly in Spirits Within doesn't count. Spirits Within never counts.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
Maybe SE will surprise us and give us an animated tale of...Dark Nation. Or even better: Case of Palmer :monster:

On a more serious note, I'm always worrying that something SE put out will totally mess up my fanfics. I'm not a non-canon shipper or anything, and all of them have a nice chance of happening. And I'm pretty awesome at finding loopholes...

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
[quote author=Shademp link=topic=447.msg14459#msg14459 date=1233777639]
[quote author=Arianna link=topic=447.msg14444#msg14444 date=1233774851]
[/quote]
I've thought about how interesting it is that it could NEVER be part of the narrative to have Cloud & Co be old. Just think about it, Cloud's hair would NOT be able to stand the usual way once it is all old and grey. And wrinkles?! God forbid if any CG-realised Final Fantasy character will EVER have WRINKLES! :monster:

Out of all the directions Square could or will go, this will never be one of them.

Edit: Cid being wrinkly in Spirits Within doesn't count. Spirits Within never counts.
[/quote]

Point of order: Of the Cids, most have been wrinkly. 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 12, T, and certain Chocobo.
Exceptions are 6, 7, 8, TA, 2, and Certain Chocobo.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Shademp link=topic=447.msg14459#msg14459 date=1233777639]Just think about it, Cloud's hair would NOT be able to stand the usual way once it is all old and grey.[/quote]

... There's a pill, probably.

;D :P ;D :P ;D :P

(Sorry, once again, I felt the urge to 'have to' type it!)

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Arianna link=topic=447.msg14955#msg14955 date=1233880910]
[quote author=Shademp link=topic=447.msg14459#msg14459 date=1233777639]Just think about it, Cloud's hair would NOT be able to stand the usual way once it is all old and grey.[/quote]

... There's a pill, probably.

;D :P ;D :P ;D :P

(Sorry, once again, I felt the urge to 'have to' type it!)
[/quote]

lol good one.

It would be funny if Cloud was all old and Grey :monster: neo-sephirothish lol

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I heard the movie will be about the childrens of Edge trying to find Cloud and give a letter to him.

Top Bottom