• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Ant-Man (Two-part MCU Prelude) [Marvel]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm enjoying this introduction, and the fact that it's a two-part means that it'll probably be stronger than GotG's (Nebula's was great, and Rocket/Groot's was ok).

It's nice to see both an older Howard & Peggy working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hank Pym not trusting Stark with his particle. I think that this will help to give a sense of where he fits in the grand scheme of things in the MCU that'll make it feel like it knits the MCU together - especially with Agent Carter airing right now.

Since most of it is a set-up for the next comic, nothing much else to speak of here, but the way that fills in a tiny little space in the MCU that we haven't seen yet was really deeply satisfying.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There's a typo in the title...:awesome:

Might check this out. There is also an AoU prelude comic out now apparently?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yeah, it's an Infinities comic, called "Avengers: Age of Ultron Prelude - This Scepter'd Isle" and it's ok. It basically just explains why Wanda & Pietro aren't mutants.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Hate all you want, but Infinities comics fucking rule. They're the coolest way to assemble comics.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So this thing...so far a bit meh, as is par for the course for these prelude comics.

The AoU prelude was a waste.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I find paper and ink to be the best way. =P

The Infinities comics get to implement the whole multi-layering to a single panel to make the whole thing into a motion comic which is just cool as hell. (It's even better than the panel-by-panel guided view that digital comics offers which I already love).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The comic finished out this week.

We had ties in to The Winter Soldier that were fairly effective. It does a good job of showing how Pym is VERY much not like Stark and is strongly opposed to certain ways that Howard went about things.

I'd guess that this would lead to the reason that Hank left S.H.I.E.L.D. and hasn't been a part of the current goings on with the Avengers thus far, and his rather unorthodox way of dealing with things is probably gonna play into the whole plot of the film apparently being a heist of sorts.

Not the best of the prequel comics that I've read, but I think that I'll hold my final decision about all that until the film comes out.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just read the second one, I'm late to the party. :monster:

What the fuck was with the Hydra guys though? I thought the whole point was that Hydra infiltrated SHIELD and let people otherwise believe they were destroyed after WWII. And here they are just casually experimenting and wearing their goddamn uniforms and everything.

Overall quite boring. I know why I won't be spending any more money on those movie prelude comics.

Top Bottom