Any details on Summons/Stats and more? (Asking not providing info)

ACSwift89

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
ACSwift
Hi,

Decided to ask a forum of FF7 fans as I've not been able to find any information online about a few questions I have and general things I've thought about that maybe some of you have seen addressed.

Levels/Stats/Progress between Parts?

So this one is a big one I'm unsure about. As is well documented FF7R, Multiple Parts, Part 1 only Midgar (we all know this). Now if future parts are sold as a separate games similar to 13-2 + 13-3. How would this effect progress made in Part 1? Our levels, gill, equipment/materia collection? Do we start again from a base starting level like starting a new game? Can we transfer over our weapons/materia in new game+ type scenario but start at level 1 for example? If we can transfer everything over including Levels does Part 2 then operate in a FF8 style system that matches enemy level to your own?
Obviously making Part 2 a DLC like continuation and extension of part 1 would mean the game can be set up with the condition and expectation that the player has completed Part 1 and is at suitable levels to then plan enemy difficulty. I have no idea why anyone would do this but if its a separate game that is sold as such the developers would then have to set the game up to be able to be started without having played part 1 surely?.

Summon Materia

With the expanded Midgar section now spanning its own entire game and the introduction of summon materia to a part of the game it wasn't previously in. Do we know how Summon materia is acquired? (not pre-order bonuses). Is it just found on the floor like in the original as if its nothing special? or are the summons now part of the story/side quests and getting summons will now be more meaningful as a way to add more content to the game?

I'm probably forgetting some things ive been questioning without finding answers? If you don't know (and if it isnt already a thread) a discussion on Progress transferring between Part 1 and 2 could be interesting. Personally I'd find it would take me out of the game as 1 long story if every part is effective start again weak as if it was a new game. When its released and completed I'd like a trilogy of games (assuming its 3 for example) that i can play throughout which flows as if it was 1 game.

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
Square has yet to address how, or even if, progress will transfer between parts.

Summon materia is similarly a bit of an unknown, at least in terms of official information (I think some stuff regarding them has been datamined, though). We've been told how summon gameplay works, but that's about it.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
To date there has been nothing said about the other parts of the series other than the fact they'll be full games in their own right and will exist at some point. Based on that, if you ask me, I'm leaning towards there not being a huge amount of player data being carried over, if any at all - I'd guess they'd have said something by now if there's a robust data transfer scheme in place across the games. Presuming the affection mechanic is still in place for the Gold Saucer date sequence, I'd imagine they'll ensure that previous saves are read to ensure player decisions are respected, but I'm not personally expecting any more than that.

Summons are a bit of a mystery, we know how they work in combat and that's about it. It doesn't seem like they're more story-relevant, but Square are holding their cards pretty close to their chest with regard to a lot of things about this game/series of games so it's hard to tell for sure.

Top Bottom