• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Any interest in doing a FFVIIR response contest?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Apologies if the title isn't clear, but I wasn't sure how else to put it. Spending time on this board over the last several months really hit home how a person's specific circumstances affect the way they feel about every little detail of FFVII. There's been a lot of excitement, a lot of trepidation, and a lot of curiosity.

So I was thinking instead of just talking about these feelings before the game comes out, why don't we do something special after we've all played it? My rough proposal is:
  • All interested participants create a response that describes how they feel about the remake after playing through it
  • Participants can choose whatever format they like, so long as they inform everyone of the format beforehand
    • Knowing the format helps us set length limits. I was thinking 500 words typed, something along those lines
  • Participants can discuss the entire game, or focus on a very specific detail like Tseng's face
  • All responses are due a set period of time after release. Participants can play the game as much or as little as they want in that time
  • Once the contest closes, the responses all get posted anonymously and forum members vote for their favourite
  • If we can swing a small prize, that's cool. But I was mostly thinking we'd do this for the sake of doing it
Thoughts and/or interest?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
My one caviat about this is that FFVIIR is only releasing on PS4 in April. Those of us who don't have PS4s are going to be waiting an entire year to play the game for reals. As opposed to just watching other people play it and form opinions based on that. And that can effect how the game feels to people a lot.

Granted, that probably isn't a lot of people... but I know at least some of us fall into that category (including myself).

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
My one caviat about this is that FFVIIR is only releasing on PS4 in April. Those of us who don't have PS4s are going to be waiting an entire year to play the game for reals. As opposed to just watching other people play it and form opinions based on that. And that can effect how the game feels to people a lot.

Granted, that probably isn't a lot of people... but I know at least some of us fall into that category (including myself).
I'm sure someone can come up with something to include you guys in once you've played the game:)

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer

That's a good point. Since the exclusivity window is exactly one year, we could do another contest that's a mix of one-year-later opinions and people playing it for the first time. As for this year, you could talk about what it's like just watching it and waiting, or you could do some kind of in-universe rant about exclusivity if you are creatively-minded. If you think of another way you want to participate though, I'm all ears!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
In my particular case, I don't believe in spoilers, so I'm sure I'll watch streams of people playing it and whatnot. I also know I won't be able to say how I think about the gameplay aspect until I can actually play the thing, but that's never been the main focus of FF games either for me.

Top Bottom