• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Anyone Else Prefer the In-Game Character Models to the CG Models?

clowd

Pro Adventurer
Yup. I even posted about it a few weeks back. Clouds in particular is jarring to me when it transitions to CGI.

It seems all the characters become too 'soft' in CG and lose their 'edge'. For some reason even the facial animations are a few steps backwards.

But it is amazing that we're talking about preferring ingame models to CG models in a PS4 game. Just wait for when the PS5 hits. At that point CG will have even less use then it does now. I expect there to be even fewer CG cutscenes on the PS5, being reserved for extremely large establishing shots or big spectacle scenes.

Purple

Charmed
All the CGI models looked off to me. But maybe because they did them first? Whereas the in-game models could’ve been tweaked several times

Either way, I vastly prefer the in-game models and hope they don’t change them too much for the next game

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Kinda yeah. But how are the in-game models not also CGI? The "CGI" models are just pre-rendered. I'm not getting the verbiage people have been using.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah it's because they used actors to animate them right? So I think they get their actors' faces a little bit more than the in game rendered versions. That's why Tifa's eyes bug me SO MUCH in her "CGI" versions and I always have the impression that her face is wrong. But that's true with all of them.

Purple

Charmed
Yeah it's because they used actors to animate them right? So I think they get their actors' faces a little bit more than the in game rendered versions. That's why Tifa's eyes bug me SO MUCH in her "CGI" versions and I always have the impression that her face is wrong. But that's true with all of them.
They used motion actors too for the in-game cutscenes. It’s the program that they used probably. All pre rendered scenes are done by Visual Works which is also owned by SE but is a different team who work exclusively on pre rendered scenes for their games, IIRC

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
its like at the end of Disney beauty and the beast, where you spend the whole movie falling in love with this monstrous furry daddy, but then at the end he turns into a typical hot fabio and your immediate reaction is oh...... i liked him better before

msia2k75

Pro Adventurer
Yeah.... Overall, the CGI in this game isn't the best they have done imo. Felt the old Versus XIII 2011 trailer is still the best thay have produced until now.

Reactions: Wol

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I think it's the best quality they ever done, but the character design feels off. Too much of a contrast between non pre-rendered and pre-rendered.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Too much of a contrast between non pre-rendered and pre-rendered.

I understand why this is different, but this statement still makes me laugh considering where we came from here. :lol:
jys_etZPNiLlQ1moYK2T41vVUoCDVYdr44weP9PG4bBi2VlnVGs4aM_t1vjK_IBXxy6ISIdzdu57BbNkv6bMtgK_GusZUj_YHhF_4sPGTQFWDIS3-DCwEVavn0iADL-QZs7YUnXRfQh9Jm95_CB9GfcGTCBzHgQCNnFpTriunPdt6-4za1T1dTSdL5y7mg_6BwKhR1mhUnnscB0u9GDCKg
cloud_cg2.0.jpg
dfa5e74f6fa36341a4e0d8d1856ee48e.jpg

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
It's so frustrating when you see the difference but can't figure why it's so noticeable and why it bothers you so much. As if the in-game models and their CGI counterparts were created by two different teams from scratch. I guess it's time I looked for some articles on CGI and how it works.

All I know is Zack looks amazing in CG model lmao
The CG model budget is spent on him
YES. OH YES. He is our compensation for the others :aah:

I also noticed how much his CGI model looks like his in-game CC model, it's just incredible.

Zack copy.jpg

Top Bottom