Anyone Else Prefer the In-Game Character Models to the CG Models?

clowd

Pro Adventurer
Yup. I even posted about it a few weeks back. Clouds in particular is jarring to me when it transitions to CGI.
It seems all the characters become too 'soft' in CG and lose their 'edge'. For some reason even the facial animations are a few steps backwards.

But it is amazing that we're talking about preferring ingame models to CG models in a PS4 game. Just wait for when the PS5 hits. At that point CG will have even less use then it does now. I expect there to be even fewer CG cutscenes on the PS5, being reserved for extremely large establishing shots or big spectacle scenes.

All the CGI models looked off to me. But maybe because they did them first? Whereas the in-game models could’ve been tweaked several times

Either way, I vastly prefer the in-game models and hope they don’t change them too much for the next game

Ryvius

𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•Šπ•’π•¦π•”π•–β„’
Kinda yeah. But how are the in-game models not also CGI? The "CGI" models are just pre-rendered. I'm not getting the verbiage people have been using.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah it's because they used actors to animate them right? So I think they get their actors' faces a little bit more than the in game rendered versions. That's why Tifa's eyes bug me SO MUCH in her "CGI" versions and I always have the impression that her face is wrong. But that's true with all of them.

Yeah it's because they used actors to animate them right? So I think they get their actors' faces a little bit more than the in game rendered versions. That's why Tifa's eyes bug me SO MUCH in her "CGI" versions and I always have the impression that her face is wrong. But that's true with all of them.
They used motion actors too for the in-game cutscenes. It’s the program that they used probably. All pre rendered scenes are done by Visual Works which is also owned by SE but is a different team who work exclusively on pre rendered scenes for their games, IIRC

Top Bottom