Archer

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I thought I wouldn't care about the semi-AU Archer, but Dreamland was REALLY damn worthwhile and has me properly excited about Danger Island. It utilized the framework mixing things up exceptionally well in a way where the show gets to be fun within its general constraints, but without needing to feel bound by setting and really gets to soak up being a period piece. As an example, Krieger's storyline during Dreamland was a really awesome version of his character.

I dunno, I think that over the seasons I've grown to really like the voice cast, the humour, and the style the most out of anything, so I don't feel like I'm missing out too much on things in the "real world" being left on edge.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Hahaha, they definitely lampshaded the fact that it's an AU in the first episode, and I have to say that I just love the hell out of this show.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Dear gods, I just loved the hell out of Danger Island and the end of that finale was just the best and most ridiculously fantastic thing I could've hoped for.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
You definitely recommend it? I'm open, but I'm a little afraid of being disappointed haha.

What's one thing that you would say about it to a skeptic (like myself) before they go into it?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I could watch a billion little seasons of these fever-dream-iterations, because I just love the cast and writers the most. The way that they play with the characters and that the changes shift the humor in a way that's fresh and just a shitton of fun because everyone gets to do things that are both very new but still familiar. There's a framework to the fun. So long as you accept the premise (which it immediately lampshades in a fantastic way this season), you'll have a good time with it.

Most of all the humour of having Krieger as Crackers is hands down one of my favourite things that the show's ever done, especially because Lucky Yates & H. Jon Benjamin riffing off of each other is just the best. Literally the greatest.

I have plenty of patience for these dreamland seasons since I had grown so tired of the prime universe. But if we don't return to the real/prime world by season 12 then my desire for actual plot progression will definitely overpower my desire for new fanciful settings.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Season 11 confirmed at SDCC, and will be Archer waking up from his three year coma, and dealing with the fact that he's starting out both physically and mentally not at his peak, but that most everybody else has also moved on without him: https://www.looper.com/159273/archer-renewed-for-season-11-with-big-changes-in-store/

Really glad that they got a breath of fresh air with the series that they needed, and it's been really fun going along with it, and I'm glad that they're getting to return to the main story, too.

Top Bottom