• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Argento the Silver

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
As being one of the few, if not only fanboy of her, Argento is a character that has really intrigued me ever since viewing the DoC Multiplayer vids, and I have to ask, what happened to her? I know that she was originally just a retextured deepground commander before they decided to give her a model of her own and too late to be included in the main dirge storyline, however since she's there that makes her part of the FF7 Universe so something must happen with her.

Now from what little information we have on her, i get the impression that she's a lot more intelligent and collected than anyone down there (Well compared to Weiss, I'd say she's more sensible intelligent). She also gives off this 'I don't really care what's going on' vibe, which leads me to a couple of possible theories to where she went.

1. When deepground got out in DoC, she either took off on her own right away or after Omega was defeated. I'm leaning towards the former, mostly just off assumption I'd say she could care less about Weiss's plan and would just want to live peacefully now that she's out of that nightmare.

2. She died, I'm just doubting this one cause it would be cheap and lame, tho if it was the case I could see her being offed by Weiss for trying to stop him (Omega plan, I doubt she wanted to die or kill everyone), as she doesn't seem like the type to piss off a Restrictor.

So basically, do you think she's still out there somewhere and we'll see her again in the Genesis sequel?

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Did I read that she's not actually a Tsviet?

I'd like to see her again at some point, preferable as an antagonist. It would be a refreshing break to have a manipulative female character instead of the usual power-crazy bishounen.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Argento's a Tsviet but she's not one of the Tsviet's with a color title like Nero the Sable or Azul the Cerulean.

Actually, Argento's abandoned her fighting lifestyle and has instead taken up basket weaving in Costa del Sol. You can buy her hand crafted souvenir beach baskets for 100 gil apiece. They're quite pretty. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about some random character from an online mode of a mediocre shooter game that we never even got to play in the first place? :monster:

NoenGaruth

AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=592.msg22949#msg22949 date=1235567801]
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about some random character from an online mode of a mediocre shooter game that we never even got to play in the first place? :monster:
[/quote]

Granted Dirge in mediocre and leaves you feeling cheated after playing CC which went longer, tho I just find Argento to be an interesting character since she's not your run of the mills "Crush Kill Destroy" like the rest of deepground and has potential for character development if given the chance unlike Rosso and Azul who just like killing and that's it.

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=592.msg22943#msg22943 date=1235566597]
Actually, Argento's abandoned her fighting lifestyle and has instead taken up basket weaving in Costa del Sol. You can buy her hand crafted souvenir beach baskets for 100 gil apiece. They're quite pretty. :monster:
[/quote]

lol, Square should totally have that in a future game!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I don't quite remember that much about her to warrent the kind of attention she gets, really :monster: Though I guess I won't mind seeing her with a more major role in another game.

I agree with Masa that it'd be nice to have a manipulative, thinking female village. That will be the fandom image of her I will build up in my mind :monster: I can't really think of an example of that type of female villain from FFVII (except Elfe? Don't know much about BC), or the FF games I've played. Rosso was just crazy, Scarlet was mostly a bitch. I think that's about it. I can't remember if Edea or Ultimecia fitted that mould now.

NoenGaruth

AKA
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=592.msg22959#msg22959 date=1235570030]I can't really think of an example of that type of female villain from FFVII (except Elfe? Don't know much about BC)
[/quote]

Nah, Elfe wasn't really portrayed that much as a villian type, and in the end was just another person who was messed up by Hojo. Also she was mentioned as being uncharismatic but at least cared for her troops.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=592.msg22949#msg22949 date=1235567801]
[/quote]

Probably not, but it would be very easy for Square to include her in the next game with a brief explanation/flashback for Japanese that didn't play DC online or everyone across the pond. So I don't see a whole lot of harm in discussing her. ESPECIALLY if they plan on having Weiss involved in future titles, that could be prime territory for Argento to show up.

While I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a fanboy of her, I was also intrigued by her. I'm further intrigued by some of the ideas put forth in this thread (especially basket-weaving).

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I would love to see her in the sequel, even more if she is a smart and manipulative villain. But I really don't think that will happen.

Come on guys, lets be real. DoC Online wasn't a successful game at all, and Argento was just a secondary NPC, created by S-E at the last minute.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So? It would still be easier for them to use her rather than come up with someone completely new. Johnny was a character in FF7 you could VERY easily miss entirely yet he was in Case of Denzel. And I think I remember reading that Angeal's design came from the original concept for Cloud during FF7's development.

So I actually think its very likely they could use her again.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Argento died during Meteorfall, when a rock fell on her head and crushed her.

The end.

That's her fate as far as the creators are concerned. She seriously wasn't that important. She doesn't even have a color.

I wonder why no one asks questions like this regarding Officer East or Este-D? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!!!

NoenGaruth

AKA
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=592.msg23206#msg23206 date=1235609028]

The end.
[/quote]

That was no rock, it was Palmer! The fat bastard fell out the tower and kept going till he hit deepground and landed on Argento and Este-D, while officer East decided to go west and died of a time paradox. Now That's how Sqaure deals with minor characters.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=592.msg23206#msg23206 date=1235609028]
I wonder why no one asks questions like this regarding Officer East or Este-D? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!!!
[/quote]
I want to know what happened to the Osaka-dialect-speaking scientist with the gas mask.

Make her a hidden super-boss in the sequel plz.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Makoeyes said:
And where does it say that DoC Online took place after Meteorfall?

Does anyone else find it very ironic that Argento doesn't have silver hair?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
DC Online takes place before Meteorfall.

But when Meteorfall happens, a rock fell on her head. During the whole shit that kept DG from being able to leave.

Thus. She deaded. :monster:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=592.msg23256#msg23256 date=1235616892]
DC Online takes place before Meteorfall.[/quote]

[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=592.msg23253#msg23253 date=1235616676]And where does it say that DoC Online took place after Meteorfall?[/quote]

Aside from "Makoeyes said it so that makes it canon" plz. You really need to start citing these assertions you make.

NoenGaruth

AKA
[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=592.msg23266#msg23266 date=1235617442]
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=592.msg23256#msg23256 date=1235616892]
DC Online takes place before Meteorfall.[/quote]

[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=592.msg23253#msg23253 date=1235616676]And where does it say that DoC Online took place after Meteorfall?[/quote]

Aside from "Makoeyes said it so that makes it canon" plz. You really need to start citing these assertions you make.
[/quote]

Only makes sense for it to happen before Meteorfall. Main reason: the Player. They were a regular memeber of SOLDIER who gets sent to DG and this could only happen before Meteor since DG was sealed away during the incident, plus why would anyone send the player there after since Shin-Ra had collapsed and all those who knew about DG were dead.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The Japanese manual says the multiplayer mode is set "a little over 3 year (before the main game)".

3 years before DC (such as in the opening) was used to point to Meteorfall, so 'a little before' should be during FFVII or before.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm a little confused Rav...do you think it took place before or after Meteorfall?

And as for your smartass comments Mako, they showed us one of the original Highwind crew, didn't they? I wouldn't label them important :duhard:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
NPCs who helped the heroes in the original > NPCs who helped the villains in a mediocre spin off that was online only and not even integrated into the main plot. :monster:

And as for DC Multiplayer Mode, I thought it was pretty obvious that it was before Meteorfall. And I remember hitoshura sharing the exact same bit of information about it before.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I wanna see Argento. She was hawt. ;D Plus, she DOES have a colour Mako, it's SILVER. :monster:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
ForceStealer said:
I did too, but the quotes Rav put up confused me as to when she was trying to say it was.
I wasn't trying to say when it was. I was trying to get solid information on when it was rather than just someone saying so without backing it up.

hitoshura said:
The Japanese manual says the multiplayer mode is set "a little over 3 year (before the main game)".
...thus accomplished. =P Thank you.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Channy link=topic=592.msg23875#msg23875 date=1235707677]
I wanna see Argento. She was hawt. ;D Plus, she DOES have a colour Mako, it's SILVER. :monster:
[/quote]

Nah, that's just a fan thing.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Argento's name means silver, but she doesn't have a color title. She's just Argento. Not...Argento the silver.

So no, she's just a generic Tsviet.

Top Bottom