Art Showcase

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
This isn't necessarily for the artistic folk in here. It's also for those that have experience in organizing a fundraiser of sorts. So, I want to sell a bunch of my paintings and prints, and donate half of all the profits to a local organization that helps inner city kids (it's one I came up through, and has done positive things for at risk youth) What is the best way to go about organizing it? How much should I set the prices at for my work? I'm not good at setting a price on my artwork. Trying to set this up during this pandemic, is going to be tough.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Setting prices is complicated. Try to take the following into account:

• Your expenses.
  • Your audience's average income and disposable income.
  • Clearly state that half of the money will go to charity, and talk with them about your intentions. They might have experience and might be interested and willing to help.
  • You have small and big paintings, and some are more elaborate than others. Price accordingly.
  • Sell some small paintings in a package deal, they are more likely to get sold. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it works.

You might need to contact local artists too.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Setting prices is complicated. Try to take the following into account:

• Your expenses.
  • Your audience's average income and disposable income.
  • Clearly state that half of the money will go to charity, and talk with them about your intentions. They might have experience and might be interested and willing to help.
  • You have small and big paintings, and some are more elaborate than others. Price accordingly.
  • Sell some small paintings in a package deal, they are more likely to get sold. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it works.

You might need to contact local artists too.

Thank you!

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
You're welcome! I can't stress enough the importance of presenting your idea to your chosen charity, please consider doing it first.

Reactions: LNK
Top Bottom