Art

crack

Donator
My camera is shit, but I wanted some constructive criticism nevertheless. The painting's not complete; and I am aware that the light brown color below the trees looks crappy as of now, but I plan on blending it later. I'm pretty much done with most of the trees and the sky; and I'm not too big of a fan of the palm trees, which I plan to remove, but I'm open to any opinions/critique. I haven't exactly finished the water reflection either. All in all, I'm not finished with the painting, tips would be nice, tl;dr.

KN3dE.jpg

Plan to post more later when I cba.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
OMG AUDI YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!! 8D

When I saw it, for a sec I swear it almost looked real! Now constructive criticism...I really love the bushes on the left side they are just perfect. The colors and shading overall is looking nice, but the white shore along the water looks a little rough especially how it comes together on the left. Your sky looks so pretty, but I'm not so into the trees. /: I'd say touch them up or remove them because it makes it look sloppier. I'd say with a little more blending and touch ups it will be completely gorgeous. : D

crack

Donator
By trees, you mean the palm trees, right? And that white shore is actually a path; I just couldn't bother with showing the full picture because the bottom part is mostly unfinished, :monster: Thanks for your tips, I appreciate it.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Not bad. I would suggest more warmer colors to bring the light out. You have a lot of cool colors with all the different shades of blue. Whatever you do, don't use pure white to create light. Find that right color and apply it. That should help bring some focus to your work.

crack

Donator
What colors do you have in mind? I tried working with a light pinkish hue for the trees, but I'm too much of a pussy too try working with more contrasting colors for anything else.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
More yellow maybe, or a bright orange? Dunno lol, that's up to you of course. My approach is always going to be different from yours, so you have to find a color you're comfortable with. But, maybe you can also try to highlight the trucks of the trees. You seem to be showing light in certain areas and omitting it in others.

crack

Donator
Only because I'm trying to show where the light source is coming from; I am painting this from a reference.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Yes, but you see how you're showing the light hitting the trees in the foreground and not on the palm trees in the background? Then again, you might be getting rid of the palm trees as you said earlier. So, it's up to you. :monster:

crack

Donator
The palm trees removes any focus from the trees in the foreground, so I'm positive I'll be taking those out. :monster:

HIUgI.jpg

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm impressed by the eye, nothing to say. Also just add more shadows to your painting on the trees. :B Unless those are hills then nevemind.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
That's really cool linework, i like the positions you have created with the characters as well as the definition in distance :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
sekkushi da ne

Those are wonderful - their substance and motion. They are - is the right word 'kinetic'? I particularly liked the first one. Do you draw them straight from your head, or use models?

crack

Donator
Thank you - I don't use models, but I often try look at reference pictures to get an idea of how I want the characters to be drawn.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Consider me jealous.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Thank you, both of you. :monster:

I already posted this over at Destrillians but:

8xirN.jpg

The thing i like the best about this is the pose in which you drew her, also the grin on her face seems to portray the character perfectly. Also despite what you said in the dessie thread i think the hair rocks lol

Top Bottom