Arty Farty Giveaways

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Before you continue, know that this thread is purely self-centered and I'm 100% exploiting you for ideas. :monster:

I'm contemplating doing some sort of contest/giveaway on DeviantArt to draw a little bit of attention to my page. I'm not that great of an artist (yet) but I feel like I'm improving just a teeny weeny bit all the time and I want to make at least some sort of living doing what I enjoy. Before I can hope for that, I need a bigger audience.

So my idea was to have some sort of contest with prizes for the winners. (This seems to be a popular concept on DeviantArt). Obviously, if people feel like they're going to get something out of visiting my page, they'll be more inclined to swing by and look. (Theoretically).

Of course, I lurve Final Fantasy and it's 80% of my subject matter, so I'd want the contest and the prizes to be FF themed. Moving swiftly along:

If you could win something (a totally unique FF-themed thing totally for free what kind of prize would draw you in enough to make you participate?

Some (affordable) ideas that I've come up with so far about possible prizes:
+ A painted coffee mug
+ A painted t-shirt
+ A set of bookmarks

Ideas?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I don't have a coffee mug, but I do have a bitchin' set of Mass Effect bookmarks. So I would say a coffee mug tbh.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think having your very own print or even original painting/drawing would be cool.

Other than that what about keyrings? Or I saw someone was doing mobile phone covers and canvas bags too - I think that was through cafepress or something similar.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Thanks for the (free) ideas! :monster:

I already bought some mugs from the dollar store to do some test paintings. I'm going to use them fervently to see how the paint holds up.

I do like the art giveaway idea. I thought about that but I wasn't really sure how many people would want it as a prize.

Keyrings is a great idea! I can get a whole bundle of stainless steel tags on ebay for cheap. :awesome:

Top Bottom