Assassin's Creed (series)

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I just finished the game and I'm kinda pissed off and curious at the same time. Quite obviously there's going to be a third one, but who knows where it'll lead Desmond after that cliffhanger. >_>

I thought it was confirmed after the first it was going to be a trilogy?

I havent played the 2nd one, maybe pick it up when its cheap since the first one didnt impress me at all. the parkour got old in like an hour, and it didnt really offer much else

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I didn't finish the first one, but I did play a little. I'm gonna need to borrow that from my brother and play the rest.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'll probably just pirate it, like everything else.

Is it worth full price, in your opinion?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I really like it. They pretty much took the first one and improved on every aspect. I'm not sure if its different enough to like it if you hated the first one, but I guess it depends on what you hated. I think the plot is leaps about bounds better this time so if that was your problem I say go for it.

It's certainly more worth the money than some other recently released games, I think. It's at least 20 hours, a lot of the side missions are boring and so I don't do them. But souping up the Villa and making tons of money is fun, the assassination missions are too. I really like the puzzles that you find with these 'hidden programs' that manifest as symbology on landmarks. Some of the puzzles are joke, but others really require thought. The assassin crypts (the linear platforming parts) are also a lot of fun and the way they wove assassins into real history is pretty cool.

I haven't beaten it yet because I have been doing a lot of side stuff, but I liked the first one and still think that this one is much much better.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I liked the first one, and the only major flaw with it was its repetition, imo. But it scored high grades in other aspects in my book.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Less repitition,more win this time around.
Ubisoft have confirmed a trilogy for the series but also state the game will never be played purely in the future meaning a new protagonist is going to be on the rise in the next game.
According to the ubisoft rep were looking at 2011 for the release.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I liked the first one, and the only major flaw with it was its repetition, imo. But it scored high grades in other aspects in my book.

If you liked the first one, you'll probably like the second one. As for the repetitive tasks, well, that hasn't changed (that is, if you are looking to do everything; if not, and just wanting to advance the story, it's not as bad). Otherwise, it's got me anxious for the next installment. I'd say it's worth it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Only the courier and beat-up-the-cheating-husband missions are repetitive, and they're not mandatory. The assassination contracts have some variety to them, and the main plot isn't too repetitive either.

SO yeah Cthulhu, especially if you liked the first one, I say get it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So, does anyone have any idea why
Lucy was missing her ring finger in the first game but she isn't now? I understand the whole "don't need to lose your finger anymore" thing but she was missing her finger in the first game. Better still, in the opening scenes of this game they show the scene where its revealed she's missing that finger in the first game, but I checked and she definitely has it...what the hell?
:monster:

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
That's something I never really noticed before. I bought the first game just today and am going to replay it probably tomorrow night. I'll have to look out for that.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
So, does anyone have any idea why
Lucy was missing her ring finger in the first game but she isn't now? I understand the whole "don't need to lose your finger anymore" thing but she was missing her finger in the first game. Better still, in the opening scenes of this game they show the scene where its revealed she's missing that finger in the first game, but I checked and she definitely has it...what the hell?
:monster:

Iirc, Lucy wasn't missing her ring finger. She simply bent it in a manner that looked like she had in order to show Desmond her true alignment.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
/\ rofl, well the details in their limbs aren't exactly the greatest and certainly not in the first one. that makes sense.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Fuck it. I'm bumping.

Who's your fav? Altair or Ezio?

Mine is the latter. I don't know, maybe it was the blaze voice acting of Altair or the fact that Ezio is just an adorable, charming guy. His character was awesome.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
They're pretty different. Ezio was much more of a human character, Altair was more badass. Ezio's humanity actually made it slightly harder to believe that he would ruthlessly kill as many people as he does.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I usually like ruthless badasses, but I guess I haven't played enough of the first game (actually I fell asleep too when my friend was playing), so I've not had much of a chance to see Altair in action.

As for Ezio, I think I can believe he would be a ruthless killer having lost his father and brother(s)...was it brothers? Yeah, I think so. And his mom is a mute, etc... Hell, if someone killed my family and I lived in a time where I could get away with it, I'd go after the sons-a-bitches who took them from me - without hesitation.

I guess that's what made it easier for me to believe. Who knows what the deal would be with Ezio if he wasn't faced with that situation.

I don't think that everyone who kills people (guilty people who deserve to die, for that matter) has to be a cold, ruthless, heartless bastid.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No I don't find it hard to believe he'd kill all the main conspirators that either played a part in his family's death and those protecting them. But there are a lot of other, unrelated people he killed.

You essentially leave corpses in your wake in that game, lol.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Yeah, like when your x button sticks and you leap off of a building and accidentally kill some innocent passerbyer with your hidden blades. xD

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Or chasing those courier guys, I chased him into a crowd and hit square and Ezio double-assassinates 2 civilians.

Oops.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
well I saw my cousins play The Game, he managed to get to him without hitting the civilians.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
PLEASE tell me someone saw the dub Andy Richter did for Ezio on Conan? I wish I could find a video, but it probably won't be up until tomorrow. D:

Top Bottom