• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin (beware unmarked spoilers)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, the subreddits r/titanfolk and r/yeagerbomb (the latter is apparently even worse), were/are chalk full of those types of bigoted and delusional fans.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Titanfolk used to be a fun place with a lot of creative people, but now it's indistinguishable from Yeagerbomb. The decline has been nothing short of depressing.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
^ I can't believe they ever thought that was a good idea, holy shit.

Anyway, here's a video I saw that I think explains Eren's whole deal better than I ever could.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
AoT "Yeagerists" are the unironic Death Note Kira/Light worshipers of 2006.

Except they're louder, angrier and even further right LMAO

I love people who consume media with literally zero literacy of what they're watching.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The Yeagerists are basically anime Qanon at this point lol. Conspiracy theories abound in the community, looking everywhere for evidence besides what is right in front of their faces. These people had already made their right wing politics their identity, and now that's latched itself on to the AoT fandom because Eren ended up becoming their "chad" nationalist strongman in anime form lol. They were so desperate for the story to validate their horrible world view, that it's okay to destroy everybody else to "protect your race" that they couldn't accept the reality that Eren Yeager is not a nationalist, he didn't do the rumbling for his Arian waifu and reincarnated 2000 year old baby, there was no "secret wedding", he didn't even do it for his friends, he did it because the outside world didn't live up to his own childish view of "Freedom" and he just wanted it all gone. The sniveling, whiny Eren sitting on his ass crying and looking pathetic that they meme on so hard isn't some retcon, it is who Eren really was all along. Rather than accept that their conception of what attack on titan is was wrong, they doubled down. "The ending was a retcon!", "the editor made him change it!", "He gave in to SJWs!", "He sold out to EreMika shippers!", etc. etc.

The smart people moved on after a while. A group of admittedly very talented idiots made this embarrassment
1644473981994.png
1644473873536.png
1644473919998.png
in which Eren becomes the emotionless "chad" asshole who wants to kill his friends they all wanted to fuck so bad and all their wild theories become true (all while having a disclaimer on their site that THIS IS TOTALLY WHAT WAS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN AND IS MORE CANON THAN THE MANGA lol). All the other yeagerists moved on to start coping about an "Anime original ending" in which all the stuff they said would happen in their theories
  • Eren fucks Historia and their baby is a reincarnated Ymir.
  • Eren and Historia get secretly married in the woods by Floch ((who is his real best friend not Armin)).
  • Eren controls the founding titan from Paradis with a million-mile-long war hammer titan extension cable connecting back to his body which is still in paradis.
  • His and Historia's baby inherits the beast titan after Zeke dies and Eren who is still in paradis uses the baby to restart the rumbling after Mikasa decapitates him.
  • Eren becomes king of Paradis and reigns with Historia as a god king.
  • but don't worry, Eren feels BAD afterwards.
happens and all their nationalist genocide fantasies are validated. Much "compelling" evidence has been compiled to this end, such as BIRD COLORS, SCARF COLORS, the fact season one didn't adapt the "see you later Eren" scene, EYE SHIMMERING, and a music video made for Season 3's ED that depicts a bird man disguised as a lizard man mourning at a grave before returning to his waifu and child that was made without Isayama's involvement.

Do you see why I call them anime Qanon?

And they get real hostile if you contradict them on this because Eren "winning" has become their personality.

Eugh.

Being an AOT fan is hard.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I've never seen a single episode or read a page of AoT, but I've been asked recently to translate the lyrics of Season 4 part 2 opening so that one music band I know could cover this song in Russian. "Will do!" I answered... and suddenly realised that I would have to take an ultra quick and ultra deep dive into the lore.

That being said,
Anyway, here's a video I saw that I think explains Eren's whole deal better than I ever could.
this video (part one, at least) has helped me a lot to figure out what the entire story is about and what sort of character Eren is. Thanks so much for posting that, Ody!

I also had to spend a good 20 min googling what the canon Russian equivalent of the Rumbling is, lol. But I hope my whole translation won't take long now that I know about AoT as much as I do.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
In my opinion the final episode kicked ass. Pieck entertainment, five stars would recommend. (And r/titanfolk still having a meltdown after all these years is the icing on the cake.)

Levi kicked ass. Lainah kicked ass. Mikasa kicked ass. Onyakapon kicked ass. Bird guy kicked ass. Hitch yawning kicked ass. Jean's hair looked fantastic.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah they improved the points I wanted them to (Eren and Armin's last scene) and otherwise did a very faithful job adapting it. I was happy.

RIP AOE Hopechads. I was mostly looking forward to this to see you upset tbh.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah they improved the points I wanted them to (Eren and Armin's last scene) and otherwise did a very faithful job adapting it. I was happy.

RIP AOE Hopechads. I was mostly looking forward to this to see you upset tbh.
They also modified Historia's letter to Armin and co. a bit too I think, for the better as well IMO.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I also liked seeing Levi, Gabi, Falco, and others helping the survivors, rather than just being in a random city.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
In hindsight, I kinda wish I'd waited for the anime to finish before reading the manga. Mappa polished exactly what needed polishing. Everything that bothered me toward the end of the manga was either improved or became a non-issue.

And consuming the ending all at once worked better for me than the weekly drip, which gave me way too much time to fixate on things that don't matter.

Top Bottom