• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin (beware unmarked spoilers)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
*Watches episode 26 (first ep of season 2) on Crunchyroll*

Ending has scarred me for the evening, as usual. :closedmonster: I've read past this point in the manga so I knew what was gonna happen, but still, it's worse in the anime because HE DOESN'T STOP SCREAMING OH GOD

....I think I'll watch one more episode....

I'm firmly of the stance that this is the most crapsack world in anime ever. I'd rather live in Midland from Berserk than this hellhole. :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Haven't watched any of the new season yet. Think I'll wait until it's over just so I can make Mr. Lith binge it with me, since he actually likes Attack on Titan.

Of course, that means I have to make him watch Season 1 over again because he'll have forgotten everything except the man eating titans bit. :awesomonster:

Lex

Administrator
It's been over for a while, I've got it all waiting to be watched but I haven't had the chance to marathon it yet. Next hangover for sure :monster;

Or is this the dub you guys are talking about?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I just started the Japanese version, but I really like the English dub of the 1st season so I'll want to watch it again when that's out. :D

Or, well, am puzzling about. Why are there dinosaurs running in the intro with a titan towards the end :closedmonster:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Or, well, am puzzling about. Why are there dinosaurs running in the intro with a titan towards the end :closedmonster:

The humans are actually the bad guys and the titan is the Justice Hero Defender of the Animal Kingdom, like Captain Planet but bigger
. :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Because the animators though it looked cool.

And also to make everyone freak out and raise questions. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Watched episode 37 so now I'm all caught up

Drat ;-;

Edit:
So by the end of this 37th episode it's confirmed that titans are all human (or were, and it seems some, if not all, can become human again) but were injected with something that turns them into Titans. I mean that's kinda been the insinuation for the whole anime so far anyways, but it's nice to see it confirmed. Trying to figure out what the trigger is for them to become human again. I mean it's obviously not just "If they eat a human they regain their humanity", otherwise they all would've turned back by now.

I read the manga past this point, so obviously I know more to come so long as it keeps following said manga, buuuut I'll admit I forget half of it so that's fun. :wacky:
I forget (if it was ever revealed yet in the manga) why titans were created in the first place. Right now the idea floating in my head is that some group or country or whatever created them to attack the rest of the world for some reason. I want to say its antagonistic (like they were enemies or wanted revenge or whatever). Also looking at Ymir's backstory, she was kicked off the wall along with her followers after being injected with the serum that turns them into titans. Firstly, was this the wall that we know of, or another wall elsewhere? Because it seems to me another group is somewhere outside the walls orchestrating some things. :monster: And secondly, why would a city/authorities do something that shitty. What's the purpose of making more humans (even criminals) titans. I get the idea of making a horrible punishment but... it's like, hey let's punish people by turning them into man eating monsters :monster: Brilliant idea.

I want to read the manga again to remember some things now but I kinda don't.... >___>

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Watched episode 37 so now I'm all caught up

Drat ;-;

Shit, now I need to get caught up too. :wacky:

I must admit, I miss that original intro song...

sie-sind-das-essen-und-wir-sind-die-jager-4.jpg

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So I've finally gotten around to watching Season 2 (while at the same time watching Season 1 with one of my coworkers) and hot DAMN this season is INTENSE. Only have 3 more episodes left, but I gotta say my favorite one so far is Episode 6 where
Reiner and Bertholdt reveal their identities on top of the wall. The episode was stunningly well done, the voice acting was fucking great, the music filled me full of feels...
everything just had me on the edge of my seat.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Anyone watching Season 3?... I'm all caught up to date with the Manga.. are manga spoilers okay or is this just for anime?

Am I the only one who has trouble following the plot in the manga? Half the time I have no idea what's going on.
Also, I have problems remembering who all the characters are. Especially when they're all in their uniforms. Levi and Hanji are unmistakeable and so in Zeke, but I get many of the others confused.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah I have the same issue cause all the characters look the same and I forget who's who... I mean he made Eren and Levi almost indistinguishable from one another... in fact I've even mixed up Mikasa with Eren a few times, so no, it's not just you.

All I know is... Zeke is there and Zeke is awesome. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Season 3 part 2 just started airing... so all the anime only peeps will finally find out where the Titans came from :monster:

BTW
Manga fans: What do you think of where the story went? Do you like it or hate it or... neutral?

Lex

Administrator
OMG I'm looking forward to watching it then!

I just looked up the new intro. Looking and sounding good as per:

My heart broke when Erwin was killed. After that I rather lost interest. If they kill off Levi too then I don't care what happens to their world any more.

I don't entirely understand this thing about the Ackermans - they bond to one leader and can summon super strength to defend him/her to the death?

Lex

Administrator
I don't remember where I am in the manga, or if there's been more since I finished reading last time.

I remember reading past a point where they all basically got to the sea, then in the next chapter the perspective shifted to people (from the other "hi tech" (relatively) place) and there were a bunch of platoon characters the reader didn't know. This must have been after the point Eren learned to properly use his power because he makes all the titans docile or some shit so they can explore, I barely remember.

Isn't there a big timeskip aswell?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
My heart broke when Erwin was killed. After that I rather lost interest. If they kill off Levi too then I don't care what happens to their world any more.

I don't entirely understand this thing about the Ackermans - they bond to one leader and can summon super strength to defend him/her to the death?

Yeah I was surprised they killed Erwin. But it did seem like he was ready to die. I'm really excited about how the next episode will play out.

As for the Ackermans... yeah it's something like that. And if they go against that "leader" they get a headache I believe.

Also what are everyone's thoughts on Zeke? Is he a popular character in the series or do most people dislike him?
As for changing studios, yeah I've been hearing rumors about that. I mean I'm okay with it as long as the quality stays good. Or maybe the anime is going to have a different ending or something?

Top Bottom