• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

ATTN: Lex For Admin? VOTE NOW number 6 will shock you

Lex for admin?

• Yes

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No vote

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
As was raised in this thread, Lex is a candidate for admin on TLS. This will formalize his position and technical access levels, and will allow him to get away with tentacling people like I have for years now.

This poll is to make sure this decision is a forum majority decision, not a few people's verbal approval. I'll implore EVERYONE to vote, even if you go for the "no vote" option - this is important. We'll go with err, I don't know if there's a term for it, but it has to be a definite majority - 2/3rds instead of like, 51%.

Actually I'm not sure what we should do if it doesn't meet this; Lex has been instrumental to the site and forums for many years now, and his help in the forum upgrade / migration process has been invaluable.

If you have any serious concerns that, in your opinion, would outweigh any majority vote, please let me or another of the forum staff know in private messages - or if you'd like to make it a debate, post it in here.

We're setting a tentative end date of next Sunday night, however if people feel this isn't enough time to get enough votes, please let me know and we can extend it if need be.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
jesus christ X, you and Lex were both on top of this thread in like a second after I posted this. This is going to get even worse on Xf isn't it, it's got notifications and shit built in.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I refuse, on the grounds that there is no 6th option to pick and fulfill my clickbait destiny.

Lex

Administrator
I voted "no vote" for obvious raisins lol

Not that I want to talk people out of voting for me but in case there is a majority against or not enough votes for me to become admin, we can create the site director role over there with it's current permissions. It's just better if I'm formally admin so we can flatten all the roles as previously discussed :)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
jesus christ X, you and Lex were both on top of this thread in like a second after I posted this. This is going to get even worse on Xf isn't it, it's got notifications and shit built in.

I actually managed to click on the post before the poll had been added & had to reload the page to cast a vote. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Who's the twat that voted no? :kermit:

Hey now – no bullying down other opinions. If somebody's uncomfortable with it, we want people to be able to speak out about it, not just feel that they can only express their opinions in quietly voted anonymity. If any one has concerns about someone else being an admin, that's something that should be encouraged to be out in the open here – not discouraged.

X :neo:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Hey now – no bullying down other opinions. If somebody's uncomfortable with it, we want people to be able to speak out about it, not just feel that they can only express their opinions in quietly voted anonymity. If any one has concerns about someone else being an admin, that's something that should be encouraged to be out in the open here – not discouraged.

Apologies! Wasn't meaning to be a bully--thought maybe someone voted no as a prank. :mon:

Lex

Administrator

This, if folks have concerns I'd rather they felt encouraged to openly post about it. I respect that they might not want to aswell, in which case someone could PM Yop, Tres, X or even myself (because I'd like to address said concerns - preferably publicly). That said, it's also a person's right not to discuss it, and we should all respect that.

I do appreciate the support however Lith :)

I never expected it to be 100% yes - I know I've ruffled a few feathers in my time. I can only say that when such a thing has happened I've done it for what I thought were the right reasons. I'm not an INFJ for nothing :monster:

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
I'm not an INFJ for nothing :monster:

Power to the NFJ's.

8bf91f705b08a0e50b72fc33a5bbe9f8.jpg

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I abstained from voting on the grounds that Lex has, to my knowledge, not fulfilled the requirements I outlined in the previous thread.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I abstained from voting on the grounds that Lex has, to my knowledge, not fulfilled the requirements I outlined in the previous thread.

Ah my bad - I thought you meant he had to do it after the vote / as a rite of passage of sorts, :monster:. I already vetoed in favor of it!

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Nope, he's got to do it before the conclusion of the vote. So I guess he has until the weekend or something.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
How many sock puppets do I need to make to express my support?

natalie_portman_thunderous_applause.gif

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You can't change your vote so no u :monster:

Probably a bit late to report this, but actually, I can edit a poll (and the exact numbers). Even if I couldn't do it through the forums itself I could probably do it via the database. Whoops :monster:

If we want something tamper-proof we should probably do it externally? somehow?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
You can't change your vote so no u :monster:

Probably a bit late to report this, but actually, I can edit a poll (and the exact numbers). Even if I couldn't do it through the forums itself I could probably do it via the database. Whoops :monster:

If we want something tamper-proof we should probably do it externally? somehow?

There was no Eldritch collusion in the vote!!! SAD!!!

giphy.gif

...Sorry...I had to...

Top Bottom