• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The news that's going around is that Netfix is trying to "Game of Thrones" it, where each character would be older, more violent and have passionate dramatic sexual relations with one another. And also be whiter.
Forgot to adress this, that "news" started from an unreliable site known for clickbatting articles (fandomwire), just looking at how other outlets like that reported Bryke leaving (lke Hollywood Reporter and Variety) not reporting on such thing was a big red flag.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Avatar: The Last Airbender–Katara and the Pirate’s Silver

Release date: October 13rd, 2020

This would be the first Avatar one shot comic, up to this point every comic was done in 3 books.

Comic is out, it's just ok if enjoyable but a dissapointing follow up from the trillogy comics we've been getting until recently.

On a different topic this two videos are a good watch:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
ViacomCBS CEO Hints That Paramount+ Could Expand the 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' Franchise With New Show.

"In terms of Paramount Plus, we have announced some new entertainment franchises that we’re bringing to Plus, the Godfather, SpongeBob, the Criminal Minds spinout," said Bakish.. "But, under the covers, our preview launch showed that there’s other franchises that work too that have potential, things like MTV’s reality show, The Challenge; things like Nick’s animated library series, Avatar, and all this is really the tip of the iceberg."

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Netflix has removed the future ATLA live-action show from its titles.

I have checked on mobile and a friend's pc , and the link which used to be it's page now doesn't work. Netflix can be odd so it may still be listed for some people though.

Also the 2020 release date had been removed a few months ago, not exactly sure what this user is referring to in that regard. Or maybe that was just on some apps, but I thought it had been all by a certain point. Again Netflix is odd.

This does not necessarily mean it is cancelled. But it is very notable they remove it now, despite it being clear for a while it was having trouble and would at least be delayed a while. If their intention was just to delay it some more I don't see why they couldn't just leave it up. Though who knows.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yes!!!! And Magpie Games (lovely company) to boot!

The way that elemental martial arts are done in ATLA has existed in my imagination since childhood. Since my earliest days DMing — long before I saw ATLA — this kind of magic system was in the background of my setting (even if the rules didn’t allow us to actually play with it). This definitely opens some storytelling doors for me and my pals.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Huge Avatar content coming up in the future.

1) Avatar movie starting production later this year.

2) Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, a division designed to create original content spanning animated series and movies based on the franchise’s world.

3) Mike and Bryan will helm the studio as co-chief creative officers

4) Avatar Studios will produce content for platforms including Paramount+ and Nickelodeon as well as third-party platforms and theatrical releases.

5) Avatar will expand into new series, short-form content, spin offs, and theatrical films

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Korra have grown at least ten-fold in popularity since their original hit runs on Nickelodeon, and Ramsey Naito and I are incredibly excited to have Mike and Bryan’s genius talent on board to helm a studio devoted to expanding their characters and world into new content and formats for fans everywhere,” said Brian Robbins, President, ViacomCBS Kids & Family.
“Creator-driven stories and characters have long been the hallmarks of Nickelodeon, and Avatar Studios is a way to give Mike and Bryan the resources and runway to open up their imaginations even more and dive deeper into the action and mythology of Avatar as we simultaneously expand upon that world and the world of content available on Paramount+ and Nickelodeon,” he added.

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Huge Avatar content coming up in the future.

1) Avatar movie starting production later this year.

2) Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, a division designed to create original content spanning animated series and movies based on the franchise’s world.

3) Mike and Bryan will helm the studio as co-chief creative officers

4) Avatar Studios will produce content for platforms including Paramount+ and Nickelodeon as well as third-party platforms and theatrical releases.

5) Avatar will expand into new series, short-form content, spin offs, and theatrical films

tenor.gif

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
A new comic series Avatar: The Last Airbender—Chibi, aim at very young readers and set to kick off in July 2021 with a first book titled Aang's Unfreezing Day. The title refers to the fact that Aang forgot his birthday while being frozen in his iceberg for 100 years. To make up for it, Katara, Toph, Sokka, and Zuko plan to surprise him with a new special day to celebrate.

Arriving on Sept. 7, 2021. Celebrated children's author Kelly Leigh Miller (I am a Wolf; I Love My Fangs) teams with Avatar fandom favorite artist Diana Sim and series writer Tim Hedrick to bring this Avatar story to life for young readers and their families.

51+Y6wp0ilL._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Ironic as it is to say, given the franchise this forum is based around, but I'm worried putting massive production efforts behind more Avatar content will just oversaturate the brand.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Depends if the quality is more in-line with the first one rather than...most/half of Korra. There are already a ton of comics.

unrelated
154729207_157999239388537_5805655863996564029_n.png

Reactions: Ite

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Hey most of Korra is pretty good :shifty:.

Ironic as it is to say, given the franchise this forum is based around, but I'm worried putting massive production efforts behind more Avatar content will just oversaturate the brand.
So long as the content is not massively focused on the ATLA era only it should be fine, they have an over 10,000 year gap that they can cover with anything.

Top Bottom