• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That's what I'm concerned about I guess. Most of the nostalgia and "Avatar was the best show ever" posting surrounds ATLA, so I'm worried that's what they'll focus on. Korra has far more detractors, so I get the feeling more major projects would avoid that setting and those characters and just stick to what people "like."

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Two pieces of news:

#1 - The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook Collection)

Is officially out, priced at $97.77, limited print of 10,000 units.

#2 - ATLA live-action production start date, location and showrunner confirmed.

This news comes from Production Weekly, an official film industry paid-subscription publication that lists current and upcoming productions (for the purposes of applying to jobs, for example). This is a legitimate industry source and so this news can be considered confirmed.

The show will start filming on Vancouver (Canada) on August 16th, 2021. Showrunner will be Albert Kim, he had the following credits:
  • Sleepy Hollow - executive producer, writer
  • Nikita (2010) - co-executive producer, writer
  • Leverage (2008) - executive story editor, writer
  • Dirt (2007) - writer

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series–Book Two: Spirits (Second Edition)

* September 21, 2021
* $39.99

dsqtsl5ymdp61.jpg
i3t55cnymdp61.jpg

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Nickelodeon launching Avatar: The Last Airbender (and SpongeBob Squarepants) podcasts.

Details:
  • Avatar: Braving the Elements hosted by original series voice talent Janet Varney and Dante Basco.
  • 40 episodes long.
  • Premieres June 22, 2021.
  • They will re-watch every episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender and break down key themes, notable battles, and behind-the-scenes trivia.
  • Special guests from cast members to producers will join them to explore elements of the Avatarverse, including the origins of the story and how Avatar was brought to life.
  • Available across iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube and wherever podcasts are found.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series–Book Three: Change (Second Edition)

Release: February 15, 2022

Standard: $39.99
Deluxe Edition: $79.99

Changes From 1st to 2nd Edition

-New Cover
-New foreword by Dave Faustino, the voice of Mako.
-Extra pages of sketches/art made recently by the creators and other crew

Additions in Deluxe Edition

-Slipcase *as a note if you get all the deluxe editions for the artbooks (and The Beasts of The Four Nations), their spines will form an image.
-Lithograph (art print featuring the first editions cover art)
-some foil on cover
-ribbon bookmark

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Cool news… that article made me really uncomfortable. Just the words they were using, it sounded so robotic.

“The idea is to leverage that IP and those franchises to drive consumption for kids and families. We want our brand and our content to be ubiquitous.”

*shudder*

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Joan Hilty joins Avatar Studios as Executive Editor.

http://instagr.am/p/CTXYBnJl2aa/
It is worth noting though that Joan Hilty is (at least from what I gather on her website) an editor of comics, books, and illustrated materials rather than tv shows and movies. So she will probably not be involved in the animated content that much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom