Awkward Moments in Video Games *SPOILERS*

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Apparently you can't make the connection between the lack of a TV and a lack of money either. If I had money I'm sure I would be able to play games on my compootor.

And if I want entertainment I'd go watch some stand-up comedy, I'm don't want to have to work to see video games try and be funny. It's not a good medium for that kind of thing.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Apparently you can't make the connection between the lack of a TV and a lack of money either. If I had money I'm sure I would be able to play games on my compootor.

Probably because there is no connection between not having a tv and not having money as there might be other reasons for not having/wanting a tv. :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Probably because there is no connection between not having a tv and not having money as there might be other reasons for not having/wanting a tv. :monster:
Not really, it's quite standard. I'm sure the majority of people without one would buy a TV with they had the money to.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Not really, it's quite standard. I'm sure the majority of people without one would buy a TV with they had the money to.

Doesn't matter though, you're entire argument about not having a tv was pretty pointless considering a pc game was mentioned. :awesome:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Well I wouldn't know. An intelligent person could easily read the argument as being two-fold, firstly that I'm strapped for cash to have a TV, and secondly that I don't really care enough about games to really get myself into it. I know I'm in the most tiny of minorities here but my life doesn't revolve around videogames, new or old :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Y'know, Alex, you could have just admitted you weren't that into video games to begin with rather than try and turn the argument against Tets and Vend, since they referenced a computer game to begin with and made a salient point that a lot of folks have computers but not TVs despite having the money for both.

Nothing- until you mentioned it- indicated you did not have a TV for lack of cash.
Of course, you posting here means you do have a computer, and anachronox is easily locatable for not much or no cash, so again, this all comes back down to disinterest, which you should have admitted in the first place.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Y'know, Alex, you could have just admitted you weren't that into video games to begin with rather than try and turn the argument against Tets and Vend, since they referenced a computer game to begin with and made a salient point that a lot of folks have computers but not TVs despite having the money for both.
Yeah I know I could have :awesomonster: But yeah, no. I truly doubt 'alot of folks' wouldn't buy a TV if they had the money to do so. Sure there might be other reasons for not wanting one (UK License Fee, for example) but I'm sure most people, if they could afford one, would have one.
Nothing- until you mentioned it- indicated you did not have a TV for lack of cash.
Really? I'm fairly sure I say it quite often on the forums, on msn, whatever.
Of course, you posting here means you do have a computer, and anachronox is easily locatable for not much or no cash, so again, this all comes back down to disinterest, which you should have admitted in the first place.
Cool I'll be sure to pick it up, when I have the cash. I don't need to admit to my disinterest, I was fairly sure I made it more than obvious already. Again, like before I give enough indications of it.

Now stop derailing this topic with off-topic posts deliberately to criticise me, you could have just as easily done that through PM. I see on no need for you to do it in public.

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, anyway :awesomonster:

Some moments in FFX-2 are so awkward that they make other awkward moments feel like they failed to fulfill their destiny. Srsly, I'm never playing that while there's someone else in the room again.

Akshully, I'll just leave it at "I'm never playing that again". :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
"Beacause you are a puppet." olo great way to troll after your "son" just killed Aerith, Jen.
Most of Giygas' lines in Earthbound are pretty...weird to say the least.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
But I think that the one to take the prize for awkwardness would be a moment in a game that was not intentionally awkward, but turned out very much so for some reason or other.

But that's just me.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Well, the FFX scene was supposed to be awkward in an amusing way, but it was actually excruciating to watch.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think the word is "embarrassing" masa.

halfhearted

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I remember a few awkward scenes in FFX-2 but the one that stood out in my mind was when you had to give Leblanc a massage. I was cringing the whole time. More fun for the guys I guess. :lol:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Hey, I be a lady and I had a hell of a lot of fun with that mini-game.

Don't discriminate! :monster:

But it definitely was awkward. :)

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
That part in Persona 3 where you're given the option to hug Yukari, even if you don't like her. I was totally interested in the other girls, so I was just like "uuhhhhh... don't get mad, mmkay?" and then you had to sit there and wallow in Yukari's sorrow and it's just bad.

Top Bottom