Azn artists.

haichinamie

Banned
Do you listen to Asian musik? :monster: If so, which ones, and have you gone through the effort of actually listening to their discography instead of always listening to Simple and Clean, Passion, and Real Emotion all of the time? :monster:

I really developed a fondness for Asian music last year and I even found myself getting into Korean ones as well, even boybands the likes of which I thought I'd never like.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
All I can say is. My god you've either been infected with Yellow fever or is an weeaboo.

But feel sad not, for this Clown prince of crime's got them disease too among others :monster:

I encountered a shitload of JP music and Korean music but cba to actually remember their names. I did enjoy this one by a girl called Megumi, said to have also voice REI in Eva. And this korean song temptation of Sonata.

haichinamie

Banned
Emperor Joker said:
All I can say is. My god you've either been infected with Yellow fever or is an weeaboo.

But feel sad not, for this Clown prince of crime's got them disease too among others :monster:

I encountered a shitload of JP music and Korean music but cba to actually remember their names. I did enjoy this one by a girl called Megumi, said to have also voice REI in Eva. And this korean song temptation of Sonata.

Unfort. I do not be an weaboo. That is, if you were actually being srs lol. :monster:

Lol, Sonata of Temptation. The one by Ivy in which the director plagiarized Tifa's AC fight and the bitch got in deep shit.

I'm more of a J-pop person than a Rock person but to be honest I listen to a little bit of everything. I love J-urban too. I could even rec some artists for people who don't know where the fuck to start :P

Last edited:

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
I used to be really into Ayumi Hamasaki and Nami Tamaki. :/

Not anymoar.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=411.msg11239#msg11239 date=1232994492]
[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=411.msg11220#msg11220 date=1232987493]

[/quote]

Unfort. I do not be an weaboo. That is, if you were actually being srs lol. :monster:

Lol, Sonata of Temptation. The one by Ivy in which the director plagiarized Tifa's AC fight and the bitch got in deep shit.

I'm more of a J-pop person than a Rock person but to be honest I listen to a little bit of everything. I love J-urban too. I could even rec some artists for people who don't know where the fuck to start :P
[/quote]

ORLY? Not an weeaboo? good. Cos if you were, you'd be a naruto fanboy who eats ramen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. BUT I DIGRESS. :monster:

Did she really? lulz shame on her without asking permission!

I like this only one song by Bonnie pink too, which was at the end of Kenshin's second song. And her music in a movie. Due to the jazz feel of it.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I listen to a ton

Gackt
L'arc en Ciel (Plus Hyde, Tetsu, and Ken's solo career's)
Malice Mizer
Moi Dix Mois
Kozi
Klaha
Versailles
Lareine
Schwarz Stein (also some Hora and Kaya)
Miyavi
X Japan
Dir en Grey
Juka
Hizaki (Hizaki Grace Project too)
Luna Sea (as well as Inoran and Sugizo's solo stuff)
Nightmare
SOME Buck-Tick
D'espairs Ray
MUCC
TM Revolution
Abingdon Boys School
Girugamesh
LM.C
Galneryus
The Gazette
Some Alice Nine
Some 12012
Matenrou Opera
Due Le Quartz somewhat
Vamps
Duel Jewel
Daizy Stripper
The Underneath
Marbell
Kagrra - somewhat
An Cafe - somewhat

My favorite is Gackt

And out of all of them Ive seen L'arc en Ciel, Diazy Stripper, The Underneath, and Marbell live.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I loves me some Ayumi Hamasaki. :)

And I do like Utada Hikaru's KH songs (Japanese versions of both are much better) but the rest of her stuff is mediocre at best. :/

Also love Boa, who is Korean. Her song We is very epic indeed. :monster:

Also, Sonata of Temptation for those who don't know the story:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6m01X8Qzkw"]YouTube - Ivy - Temptation of Sonata[/ame]
It's kind of catchy but yeah, AC rip off ftw :duhard:

Oh and here's We by Boa. Love love love LOVE IT!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMvQl4zxzc"]YouTube - BoA - We OST[/ame]
Don't ask me about the random War footage. :/ I think the song is from a movie.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
My favorite is Gackt. He's teh shit =P

I also listen to:
Girugämesh
Dir en grey
Moi Dix Mois
D'espairsRay
Schwarz Stein
Utada Hikaru (<3)
Ayumi Hamasaki

...and others =P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=411.msg11384#msg11384 date=1233033348]
BoA was utilized alot in japan I hear. Well done.
[/quote]

What do you mean by "utilized"?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
hahaha, I wondered that too, I know where my first though went, she's pretty hot after all. (at least, she is a lot of the time, she looks drastically different in different pictures)

I listen to some japanese music but usually it is just the songs I've encountered through video games or anime. It is good, but I guess I never go through the effort of tracking it since its not in english. My favorite song I've found because of a video game song is Ayaka's Clap & Love. I dunno why, its just really catchy, especially considering the rest of her songs are pretty slow and dirgy. She does have a very impressive voice (also can be very deep as opposed to the screechy singing of most female japanese singers)

kunoichi

dead
I'm glad people are putting up some names to listen too. Checking out some of these artist's, I'm liking Dir en grey, Girugamesh, L'arc en Ciel and Gackt (actually, these are probably the only familiar names that I can see.)

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
I think that the Asian music can be very refreshing, though I can't call myself a fan of any particular artist or band, except for Utada Hikaru (and it's not just about Passion or S&C), so it's mostly random songs from Asian (mostly Japanese, though) charts.

kunoichi

dead
[quote author=spirit chaser link=topic=411.msg11446#msg11446 date=1233050351]
I think that the Asian music can be very refreshing, though I can't call myself a fan of any particular artist or band, except for Utada Hikaru (and it's not just about Passion or S&C), so it's mostly random songs from Asian (mostly Japanese, though) charts.
[/quote]

I agree with you about asian music being refreshing ( unlike listening to some other countries music) but some of it can get a bit too weird for my taste and j-pop, well some things I've heard are alright, but the rest is a bit too....pink?

haichinamie

Banned
Emperor Joker said:
ORLY? Not an weeaboo? good. Cos if you were, you'd be a naruto fanboy who eats ramen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. BUT I DIGRESS.

Naruto is one of my loves but I'm definitely not an weaboo like you describe above. :monster: You know those types only have Haruka Kanata or Flow! on repeat and that's as Japanese as they get :monster:

Even though I love Asian music (2008 has been a better year for Asian music compared to the shitty Western music imo) I don't love it blindly just because it's Asian.

Did she really? lulz shame on her without asking permission!

I think she was also involved in a sex scandal too ogm! :duhard:

I like this only one song by Bonnie pink too, which was at the end of Kenshin's second song. And her music in a movie. Due to the jazz feel of it.

I haven't gotten into Bonnie Pink, but I really like the song she did with m-flo for their "loves" project:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tkYU-icStbs"]YouTube - m-flo loves BONNIE PINK - Love Song@YOKOHAMA ARENA[/ame]

And if you like jazzy stuff I would say that Mika Nakashima is pretty good.

TennyoI loves me some Ayumi Hamasaki.[/quote said:
What are you favorite songs?

And I do like Utada Hikaru's KH songs (Japanese versions of both are much better) but the rest of her stuff is mediocre at best. :/

She's not my favorite, but I love Beautiful World, Be My Last, First Love, and Automatic. She has a new song out for the US called Come Back To Me which is possibly more generic than ;Eat You Up but it's alright.

Also love Boa, who is Korean. Her song We is very epic indeed.

BoA's alright; a lot of her songs are boring. Gotta give her credit for being a legend at such a young age though, and she's one of Asia's best dancers. My favorite songs from her are Girls on Top, Dakishimeru, Eat You Up, Lady Galaxy, My Name, and Bad Drive

Speaking of Eat You Up, it's the song that she's using to debut in the US, and it has a pretty sweet video. You can catch it on MTV (yes, blargh, MTV):

The song's quite generic but how else is she supposed to break into the US market? :monster:

This is her next song for her US debut, Look Who's Talking:

but some of it can get a bit too weird for my taste and j-pop, well some things I've heard are alright, but the rest is a bit too....pink?

To which artists are you referring to? Not everything is about Morning Musume, trust me... :P

ForceStealer said:
My favorite song I've found because of a video game song is Ayaka's Clap & Love. I dunno why, its just really catchy, especially considering the rest of her songs are pretty slow and dirgy. She does have a very impressive voice (also can be very deep as opposed to the screechy singing of most female japanese singers)

I kind of dislike that song! I don't like the clapping. Why was much better for me. But I agree, she has such a soulful voice!

Now my most favorite of all is a Japanese singer named Namie Amuro. :) She's done all kinds of genres and primarily she does R&B and pop, or Hip-pop lolz.. :-* I love her not only for her voice because it's smooth and deep, which is not what you'd associate many Japanese female singers with, but because she's the best at being able to sing and dance at the same time! :D

Some favorite songs/vids (Hide & Seek, Rock Steady, Never End, and Chase the Chance respectively):

Last edited:

kunoichi

dead
What's with those little girl groups in japan? I kinda think kids doing that should stop, you know the adults are just makin a mint from 'em and yeah I know it's the same with other countries and stuff, but still. C-ute?

haichinamie

Banned
kunoichi said:
What's with those little girl groups in japan? I kinda think kids doing that should stop, you know the adults are just makin a mint from 'em and yeah I know it's the same with other countries and stuff, but still. C-ute?

Lol, this is a case of a major cultural difference. For the most part, cuteness or kawaiiness as it is known is seen and valued as the most attractive thing for Japanese women, even moreso than than beauty or sexiness, so that's why you have girls as young as 12 in groups like this singing out-of pitch songs. It's what sells. The younger the better too, which is typically why, if you're 30, you're considered pretty old and past your expiration date, but a lot of MILFs combat this stereotype :monster:

Last edited:

kunoichi

dead
After reading that why do I feel like miss sakaki ( from azumanga daioh- tall older girl) all of a sudden, when she looks at chiyo(very young very cute) and thinks "I don't want to be cool, I wanna be cute!" D:

haichinamie

Banned
D:

More Namie Amuro videos (gotta admit, I'm heavily biased):

A guilty pleasure I'm into is a Korean boyband called TVXQ/DBSK/DBSG depending on the country. I usually go with DBSK. I don't like them just because of their looks; they're actually great live performers/singers. Here's the vid and a performance of MIROTIC, one of their hottest songs yet!

Last edited:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
I'm too much of a fan of lyrics to really get into foreign music. I won't deny I've got a Japanese song or two on my playlist (I love the two from the Bubblegum Crisis anime), but I probably have just as many in Italian and Latin because I can actually understand some of those languages. (O Fortuna ftw lulz.)

On the note of Hide & Seek, however, you should watch this video if you haven't seen it already:

http://vimeo.com/2625538?pg=embed&sec=2625538

She took models from World of Warcraft and animated them entirely on her own. The animations she uses are not animations that the WoW models are already capable of, which is what makes this so amazing.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I must say hachi, your Jp taste has extended to bounds not even covered by me these days :monster:

haichinamie

Banned
!! I saw that. :D It made me laugh because I thought the fighting didn't match with the song's lyrics, then again, it's all about the beat isn't it? :monster: Did you know Hide & Seek before that video? If not it's cool that you heard it first there.

I'm too much of a fan of lyrics to really get into foreign music.

Just read translations! I'm not fluent but by listening and reading translations I actually learn a thing or two. It's fun.

Emperor Joker said:
I must say hachi, your Jp taste has extended to bounds not even covered by me these days :monster:

!! :monster: Do you like?

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
As nana says "Let us go, Hachi"

Mika Nakashima is my favorites. I've got her Love Addict song in my head for quite some time.

As for Bonnie Pink, there was this one piece of her's done for a movie about a lad collecting his aunt's diaries. Forgot the title, but that big band touch made me like her moar.

There could be more groups or singers out there I like. Anna Tsuchiya is one of em, others I've lost their names in translation.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
This thread is missing something.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVijhLo-f70"]YouTube - Tokyo Jihen - Osca[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjIkZ9Edoh8"]YouTube - 東京事変 金魚の箱[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmppKCUYKE"]YouTube - 東京事変 月極姫[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M662Tyswt9g"]YouTube - 「罪と罰」 by 椎名林檎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIZTXmDK-e0"]YouTube - Shina Ringo & TSPO "Mayonaka wa Jun"[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD0sgoxUJ-k"]YouTube - Shiina Ringo x Saito Neko - ギャンブル (Gamble)[/ame]

Now it's found it.

Top Bottom