Back (aka Yop & Mage's Scottish Shenanigans, w/ pics)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Whee :monster:. I've been away for a week, touring around the UK and Scotland with teh Mage and conquering the highest mountain in the British isles, for great justice.

Day one was me arriving, taking a train to Shrewsbury. Yawn.

Day two was the Shrewsbury flower show, where Mage and her colleagues / job had a show garden; they won gold with their thing. I helped out with my godlike presence all day (i.e. mainly was standing around, touring the show, etc) whilst Mage got sunburnt pretty badly.

IMG_1116_zpsbec37511.jpg

Next day we were off to Glasgow, and lo, as it has been foretold, many pictures have been taken on the way there, for the further north one goes, the better the views get. And the colder / more rainy it gets, btw; past a certain point the weather just turns meh.

IMG_1139_zps4b73b252.jpg

We tried to get Lex to meet us that evening in Glasgow, but since we just had a six-hour drive (or so) and he'd have to take a taxi to get where we were staying (due to sunday eveningness), we had to postpone it... for the morning, where we got together for some epic and rather long breakfast.

IMAG0175_zps521c333b.jpg

That afternoon we drove up to Ft. William, spent er... a while to find the damn B&B we were staying at, turns out it was a couple of miles out of town, takes a narrow, windy road to get there. But fine. The next day was The Day; after an epic breakfast, we went and took on Ben Nevis, a 1,344 meter high bastard of a mountain.

IMG_1165_zps321d80b1.jpg

IMG_1179_zps08976cdb.jpg

IMG_1169_zps6b9ca6ab.jpg

IMG_1201_zpsc8bf0210.jpg

IMG_1198_zps3bc2151a.jpg

The way up went pretty well, a four-hour upwards trip, comparable (imho) to Scafell last year, just longer and with better views. A lot more people (and their kids, and their dogs), too. The higher one gets, the more grim it gets, so, less green, more rocks, lots more fog (i.e. clouds), more cold (it was probably around 5 degrees C up there). But, we made it, and made the necessary sacrifices to the Elder Gods (three goats, a virgin, a firstborn and a Snickers bar).

IMG_1193_zpsd8784eae.jpg

IMG_1187_zps86ff5667.jpg

We then went back, and after not too long, muscle fatigue kicked in; hiking up with heavy boots is not good for muscles, especially not if you rely on those to sorta not roll down the mountain on your way back. I'm gonna lose manpoints here, but I sorta stumbled back down with trembling muscles supported by two hiking poles like an old man. That was last tuesday, we're both still sore today, five days later, :monster:. It's a killar. Total time was nine hours, which is about average for the hike.

The days afterwards we took a vacation; we proceeded to the picturesque town of Callender for lots of beer, then went out to be tourists the next day to visit the Glengoyne distillery and the Doune castle ruins.

IMG_1210_zps44d15650.jpg

Then we went back to Birmingham on friday, and spent the Saturday touring through Birmingham along with the Mageling, visiting the museum and the zoo. Have a picture of a wild Mage, engaged in her favorite pasttime:

IMG_1278_zps37f4281e.jpg

Also,
IMAG0190_zps393af59c.jpg
:awesome:

That last photo was especially filled with love <3

Lex & Mage are indeed more fabulous than we can handle! This photo of Yop and the landscape is mega-epic. I can't quite pin it down, but it looks like this photo would suit as the backdrop for some website, or a postcard, I dunno. The photo is worthy for commercial recycling, that's my point.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I fucking knew you'd post that one on the horsey, I regret nothing! :monster:
But yeah, 'twas awesome and being at home right now thinking about work in the morning is frankly grim and depressing and I'll be wearing my Jon Snow face all day. Hmph.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
:joy:

Glad you had a good time and didn't die a horrible horrible death up that mountain.

Mage....is that a giant licorice allsort I see before me?!

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
It certainly is. The garden was called 'The Sweet Dreams Garden'.
Ia, second picture along is myself with three of my colleagues. Derpalert!

EDIT: 'Cos I can.

Attachments

• SStar pic.jpg
    SStar pic.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I has more pictures of said garden if anyone's interested. It may also have more boobar, :awesome:

Also, there's a video in there, the guy walking around there looks like the boss. And Mage's on her knees doing the work. Hmmmmmmm

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Man you fuckers are just a treat

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Epic adventure guys and awesome pics especially those involving Mage. Also Yop that pic of you with the hiking pole accentuates your ass nicely. :awesome:

Welcome back an' shit guys. :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
An obnoxious little shit who decided that Yop is his new BFF. :monster: He's grand thanks, looking forward to going back to school, the little fruitcake. <3

@ Carlie: I thought the exact same thing. I wouldn't tell him that though, that'd be gay. :monster:

@ Yop: What vee-dee-oh is this?

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Still waiting for a "Mage can ride my horsie anytime wink wink nudge nudge" from someone. I'd do it myself, but I'm all attached and such :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Whose the guy in the distillery? And did y'all go for tasting? Man that last glass almost killed me.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
An obnoxious little shit who decided that Yop is his new BFF. :monster: He's grand thanks, looking forward to going back to school, the little fruitcake. <3

Glad to hear it! : ) He must be...4/5 now? Time flies I tell ya.
Lucky so and so being in school, miss those days of PVA glue and pasta portraits.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Fools.

Mage would be a welcomed addition to anyone's feather bed regardless of sexuality or relationship status.

It is known.

That said, looks like you two had a grand time. I tip my cap to you.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
@ Yop: What vee-dee-oh is this?

Whose the guy in the distillery? And did y'all go for tasting? Man that last glass almost killed me.

I dunno, some dude, :wacky:. We did, and lulz, lightweight :monster:. Should've gone for the MOAR DRINK tour, I didn't have to drive, :monster:. Although tbh you get a tiny glass of the stuff for your monies. The whiskey they brew is damn expensive. Good, but expensive.

It is known.

It is known.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yop did you take the pic with your lovely ass out? Why have you done such a thing you tentacle? You have denied us the ass.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Lollage. That wasn't the boss BTW, that was Brian the Badass. He dislocated his ankle tripping over a step at his home, then grabbed his foot and popped it back into place.

Too kind gents, too kind. I do enjoy the occasional bounce on a hobby horse, it is known.

@ Sheens: spot on, he's five now. He's a creative genius with poster paints and cardboard boxes (seriously, he has a full set of armour made from packaging).

@ Carlie: I haven't added my pics yet. But I won't be doing tha t tonight. :monster:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Those are some pretty awesome photos.

Mage I hope you didn't get stuck in a NO U war between Mageling and Yop, figures the Mageline would decide Yop was his new BFF after that incident.

Top Bottom