Batman: Arkham Knight (& other PS4 titles)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Fuck yeah!

9711-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

bit-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006493_12-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006639_44-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006580_21-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006612_22-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006546_10-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006540_11-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006524_15-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006588_19-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006617_20-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006586_18-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006577_17-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006534_9-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006555_16-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006533_14-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006513_7-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006509_6-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

1394006476_8-final-batman-game-arkham-knight-debuts-stills.jpeg

Now I need to beat Origins. xD

X :neo:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So happy this is happening and that Rocksteady is back. Please, please, please bring back Catwoman and finally introduce Nightwing to the story.

Btw that trailer was amazing, I need this game in my life now.

So wait.. is this a prequel or no? I thought it wasn't going to be and thats obviously Scarecrow at the beginning, but everyone looks younger. Like in their 20s. And Harley looks like a completely different person.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So wait.. is this a prequel or no? I thought it wasn't going to be and thats obviously Scarecrow at the beginning, but everyone looks younger. Like in their 20s. And Harley looks like a completely different person.

I think that's largely a result of it all being cinematic.

I'd say given the fact that it IS Scarecrow's voice at the start, and there were breadcrumbs about his bigger plans in Arkham City, and there's a clear lack of Joker (who was even present in Arkham Origins), and that it's Rockstar making the game that it's a sequel to Arkham City.

(Also due to the fact that the Batmobile's far and away from the classic one that we see during Arkham Asylum, and I can't see him going from this all-terrain machine over to that one).

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
That Batmobile looks fantastic, great mix of classic batmobile and Nolan-movies style designs.

Glad to see Wally Wingert's back as The Riddler, his voice suits the character so well

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

So....

Story

- Rocksteady describe Arkham Knight as "a real, genuine next-gen game"
- "Arkham Knight" is also the name of a new archrival that was created from scratch by DC Entertainment's Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, known for his work on Green Lantern and Justice League. (The demo ends with a mysterious villain describes as a "militaristic Batman" with what looks like an "Arkham A" on his chest appears to land a jump kick on Batman and stomp him. He points a gun at Batman and the screen fades to black as the shot is fired).
- Riots can feature up to 50 characters destroying things.
- Arkham Knight takes place one year after Arkham City & is the end "of the later timeline"

Technology

- Albert Feliu, lead character artist, says the polygon count on one character in Arkham Knight is as big as the count of the whole Arkham Asylum environment.
- The detail in Gordon's face shows his age and it wrinkles as he talks
- Apex cloth physics are being used on Batman's cape and Gordon's trench coat so they react properly to wind and movement
- Batmobile is designed to be "the best car in any game ever", it takes up around 160mb of memory in game and will just about fit in an Xbox 360 (if that was the whole game). There are hundreds of thousands of polygons, as well as textures and shaders used on it
- All of the game's cutscenes take place in-engine, there are no pre-rendered cinematics. They are seamlessly integrated.
- Rocksteady is trying to take the level of in-game detail to the pre-rendered level

Holy. Shit.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So fucking pretty.

Btw I went ahead and got my pre-order of the game today at GameStop. :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I got all the screenshots at their proper resolutions (since that website didn't seem to have a nice way to display them in all their glory), and put them in the OP. Aaaaaand, here's an interview with Sefton Hill & Martin Lancaster about the new game: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ealing-the-story-of-batman-arkham-knight.aspx

Holy shit, seeing all that footage makes it obvious how much prettier this game is (and how oddly young Jim Gordon looks). Also, I'd keep en eye on this site, since they tend to distill absolutely everything about any title in the series, and will undoubtedly be the best place to info hunt for news: http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewforum.php?f=74

Alice

The Persistent Flourish
I'm pretty excited for this! It's the game most Arkham fans, if not all, have been anticipating. I'm seeing a lot of theories being tossed around for Joker making yet another appearance. I can see how a lot of them make sense, yet at the same time, I want to believe he really isn't making an appearance this time. At the very least he'll appear during a flashback or during a hallucination.

I just don't think it would be wise to do what Origins did with the whole Black Mask thing a second time, is all. I have faith in Rocksteady, though, so I'm not concerned.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'm pretty excited for this! It's the game most Arkham fans, if not all, have been anticipating. I'm seeing a lot of theories being tossed around for Joker making yet another appearance. I can see how a lot of them make sense, yet at the same time, I want to believe he really isn't making an appearance this time. At the very least he'll appear during a flashback or during a hallucination.

I have faith that Rocksteady can actually be original and put time and thought into there ending and rogue gallery choices.

Unlike who ever worked on the threequel.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
And so begins the jump to a Rocksteady Superman, which I would really like. But they will have their work cut out for them unless they find a clever way to work around all the invincibility/overpowered barriers that come with his character. A Justice League game would probably be the better choice.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Superman game:

Have segments where you get to be overpowered and feel like a god, then balance it out with enemies in the story that can actually hurt him for whatever reason (magic, another powerful alien race, etc.).

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
That's where I think the Justice League game can come in. They can play it safe by having Batman levels like the Arkham games, but also test waters with the superman segments. They could do the same with the other characters (which would probably be like the cartoon rosters: a Hawk person, a Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc.) I think it would be safer to play it that way rather than put all of their eggs in one basket. Then if the market likes it, they could spin off into whatever works.

There's also been quite a lot of Justice League games now, but I don't think they've really touched on what Rocksteady would probably want. Something dark and psychological, I think. A loose plot with Kingdom Come and Tower of Babel elements would fit their tone.
Because I really want a game with Ra's Al Ghul mucking with everybody's heads.
:monster:

Plus I want to see them jam as much justice league history/trivia into the game as possible like they do the arkham games.
:monster: x2

Top Bottom