Battle System

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
I found this one to be kind of nice, but I did think only being able to use 6 materia was a bit of a pain in the butt. But Once you get all the Genji Items, it really doesn't matter afterwards.

I did find this to be a nice change from FFVII, though I do miss the old School RPG's but this one will allow you to move freely as your character.

In my Book I give this battle system a 9/10

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I didn't mind the limit on materia, but the targetting system was a bit of a pain. It could have done with some way to pick who you wanted to attack more efficiently.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The battle system wasn't horrible, but it was kinda ass.

Don't get me wrong, they had some good ideas, but the execution just wasn't really up to par. It didn't really have any depth, battles really just consisted of defend, roll, attack, use materia, and that's about it. Not to mention the lack of balance; normal mode is way too easy, and hard mode is challenging up to a point, then it gets ridiculous considering that enemies HP gets too high and battles drag out and get long and boring, and you're almost forced to use Goblin Punch or whatever to end the battle in any reasonable amount of time, which is equally stupid because it does an almost guaranteed 99999 damage or whatever. It just seems like a cop out; "Here, we know that the enemies HP is inordinately high, so here's something that breaks the game without adding any depth".

They had a decent enough direction, but the execution was ass considering that there's games like God of War on the same system that blow the battles in CC out of the water.

Top Bottom