• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Battlefield 4

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Meh. Saw this when it went live late last night.

It looks fantastic and all but Battlefield is all about the Multiplayer, and if the BF3 reveal trailer proved anything its that SP stuff thats shown off doesnt make it into MP XD

Ill hold off on getting excited for BF4 till the multiplayer details at E3.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I only just bought BF3

fuck you DICE :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah fuck you DICE for waiting almost 2 years to release a sequel.

Gaahhh why cant you be more like Activision and release a new call of duty every 6 months, cheesus christ and the holy toast!

:monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It looks pretty awesome and probably pushes real-time graphics up another notch. The Frostbite engine on show here will also be used in the next Mass Effect and Dragon Age games, so Dice seems to definitely have become the engine developers for EA.

But, I'm not as impressed with the trailers / gameplay as I was when the BF3 trailers came out. Second, the actual game (BF3) wasn't as impressive as the trailers, probably due less cinematicness when you're playing yourself or something. I honestly didn't care for the singleplayer in BF3 (or its predecessors with singleplayer), and I doubt I will for this.

The multiplayer in BF3 is epic, though, and I want to know what they're gonna do with that for 4, :monster:. I played Bad Company 2 a few times with a friend of mine too the other day (he's too cheap / can't be arsed to get BF3, lolol), fun times.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I would be pretty happy if they allowed the secondary iron sights to make it into the multiplayer.

Naval warfare has been hinted at a ton for multiplayer and jet-skis were somewhat confirmed on twitter so BF4 gameplay should be pretty interesting.

Things I hope DONT make it into Battlefield 4.

Lock on/Guided weapons : Stinger/Igla, heat seaker noobs are beyond annoying and take no skill to use. On my youtube im know for taking down jets and choppers with an RPG.. Its not really hard to do if people just take the time to learn a little of the in game physics ._.

Im ok with Javelines staying in the game though, they at least promote teamwork to be used properly.

1 hit Sniper rifles : I really like the way sniper rifles are now in BF3 and how they were in BF:BC2. If they make them like cod rifles (1hk to any piece of the body) it would just be lame.

Commander Mode : All the Battlefield veterans on Mordor keep whining for it, but its honestly just a point for discussion that they use to whine. Back in the day on BF2 NO ONE would want to be the commander and it was honestly just an annoyance for your team then just an asset.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I never was able to get into sniper rifles; couldn't hit / kill shit in either BC2 or BF3, and even if I did, the points were shit compared to grabbing a shotgun and going SPARTAAAA while your motion detectors pointed out where the bad guys were, :monster:.

I've never been in the commander seat in BF2, I think. I can see the potential, and it felt as if there was more structure and guidance in the games with a commander in place telling which squad where to go - even if the squads were free to ignore those orders. I'd like them to bring it back, if only to make the game feel less like an unorganized free-for-all, shoot-whatever-moves, no-i-want-the-jet/chopper-and-i'll-shoot-it-if-I-can't-have-it-Q_Q kinda game.

Naval warfare... could work, maybe. Gunboats? Did they do that in BC2 Vietnam? Never got that one actually. I remember a game from back in the day where you could get in the seats of a gunboat. Good times.

Maybe naval strikes and such. Would be cool, but most likely ineffective. Much like the gunship in BF3 feels like the times I used it; no kills, very short-lived. Cool idea though.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I never played BC2:Vietnam so I cant confirm.
1942 had naval warfare though so its not new territory for DICE, i think they just have to modernize it.

It would be pretty cool to have 2 ships go at it, even if they were stationary.
Having all the jets/choppers and amtracs go at each other with the ultimate goal being take down the enemy carrier would be pretty amazing.

Commander can definitely work and is an incredible asset. IF its actually used, from all the BF2 I played and everything Ive read from other players the general consensus was that most of the time it either was ignored, or an idiot was voted to be commander.

Im more for not wanting it because honestly the only reason the "vets" keep bringing it up is because it was hinted at in BF3 and then not released. If it was used in BF3 it would probably be slammed by those same "vets" lol.

It could be used to call in artillery strikes at key locations or drop war assets which wouldnt be half bad in BF3. But I can only imagine some troll using it to destroy all the deployment vehicles and give enemies ammo and vehicles lol.

edit:

im not big on sniping either, I just dont have the coordination to pull off a ton of kills with them. Much less pull off boss killstreaks.

Whats really lame though is how it functions in Hardsnore mode, which is basically a 1hk to any part of the body at any range. I dont know, Its just lame seeing all the "massive bolt action kill streaks" on the top 10 plays on youtube and it happens to be in hardsnore mode.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Several new information was released today along with some new screen shots.

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/www....fault/files/FB_banner_no_text.jpg?cb=294e4ed8

^FB3 showcase shot. Looks good,

First DLC official name announced
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/features/china-rising

In older promo posters for it seemed like it could have been named Drone strike.. new name seems more PC.

And the "newest" screens.

http://imgur.com/a/YejR6#0

I was hoping they would show something else, there pretty much still just showing grabs from the 17 minute promo trailer.

Oh yeah almost forgot. Official release date confirmed by Dice for October 29, 2013. PS3/4, Xbox1/360 and PC

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730255930739103/

So we can expect a September or early October Beta.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Because if they name it "Drone Strike" the media will go to town talking about how children are operating machines in glorified war and how we're dehumanising war through drone operators in the military via computer games BLAH BLAH BLAH

So I got into Battlefield 3 in earnest (mostly multiplayer, the visuals of the single player had some truly impressive visuals but only the last bit of the game impressed me. They really need to stop desaturating their colors because when they put some vibrance into Frostbite 2 it really shines as a graphics engine!), things I would like to see:

I'd actually like to see a greater variety of missile/rocket launchers for the Engineer, because I missed the variety and versatility they had in BC2. I'd also like to see some of the class skills reshuffled and expanded upon, bringing back things like mortar strike to reduce excessive camping I've seen in Battlefield 3.

The co-op unlock tree was a great addition to the game, I'd like to see more of that. But seriously, this Battlelog shit is awful, bring back a proper, central lobby/matchmaker system. Keep it simple, stupid. None of this constant browser launch nonsense. Or at least give us the option of both, but honestly everything that is on the Battlelog website is shit that should be in a central program, client-side or no. I don't want to have to exit and restart the program to just exit a match, or change rooms. It's just time-wasting and unintuitive design.

Lock on/Guided weapons : Stinger/Igla, heat seaker noobs are beyond annoying and take no skill to use. On my youtube im know for taking down jets and choppers with an RPG.. Its not really hard to do if people just take the time to learn a little of the in game physics ._.

Taking down jets with an RPG in some of the larger maps where they're a bajillion miles overhead is a ridiculous idea when the projectile moves so slowly. Implementing lock-on missiles is less to do with player skill and more to do with dealing with the mechanical gameplay shortcomings of an unguided missile launcher.
Also, it works both ways, because it's ridiculous to see fighter jets juke multiple lockons and missiles.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
So I got into Battlefield 3 in earnest (mostly multiplayer, the visuals of the single player had some truly impressive visuals but only the last bit of the game impressed me. They really need to stop desaturating their colors because when they put some vibrance into Frostbite 2 it really shines as a graphics engine!), things I would like to see:

Absolutely agree. The blue tint filter really screwed things up imo, while Dice claims it was to make the game look visually different then others.. I dont know I just dont agree with the idea at all, they could have done much more then tack on the blue tint.

Not to mention the maps are absolutely Beautiful when you turn off the filter with a injector plug in. Ofcourse you will get banned for using said plug in :<

The co-op unlock tree was a great addition to the game, I'd like to see more of that. But seriously, this Battlelog shit is awful, bring back a proper, central lobby/matchmaker system. Keep it simple, stupid. None of this constant browser launch nonsense. Or at least give us the option of both, but honestly everything that is on the Battlelog website is shit that should be in a central program, client-side or no. I don't want to have to exit and restart the program to just exit a match, or change rooms. It's just time-wasting and unintuitive design.

On the fence here. For what it is Battlelog is a great network. Though I agree they really half assed it and its definitely not intuitive. The recent DoS attacks on BL showed how vulnerable the system is as well. Back in the old days if you had the IP of the server saved you could manually connect in. Thats not the case anymore due to BL, if BL goes down the whole game goes down. Thats not good.

I would like to see BL return but in an optional form, I love in game browsers but love the other BL features to. I cant think of 1 logical reason why both can not work together.

Taking down jets with an RPG in some of the larger maps where they're a bajillion miles overhead is a ridiculous idea when the projectile moves so slowly. Implementing lock-on missiles is less to do with player skill and more to do with dealing with the mechanical gameplay shortcomings of an unguided missile launcher.
Also, it works both ways, because it's ridiculous to see fighter jets juke multiple lockons and missiles.

Again I gotta disagree. I for one feel Stigla was in there to accommodate the CoD crowd/ease of access player type. Who wants to team up, use there brain and use soflam+javeline to laze targets? No one when the Stigla is around.

One guy rocking stigla isnt so much of a problem.. but when you have half the team rocking it its a different story. I get that Dice had to balance choppers as a great Pilot/wingman could reign hell from the sky uncontested for a whole match... but the Stigla buff that was added at the exact same time that choppers were nerfed was imho over the top.

400m range igla that is 1 hit disable that has about a 45% chance or ignoring counter measures like ECM/Flares and ignores Below Radar.. is to much. Toss in a stigla team standing on an ammo box and no one is in the air or is spending the majority of there time sniping with zoom optics at 500m away.

I just think its counter intuitive to the team aspect of Battlefield. In the older games you had to coordinate to bring down choppers. Lock on weapons were around but someone had to Laze and it was perfectly fine and fair.
Now one person is enough to keep air support out of an entire area. Its simply to much.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Well then I think it simply requires rebalance rather than total removal. There needs to be clear, hard counters to most vehicles (or any item in the game, for that matter), the devil lies in the detail and how they should buff or nerf things.

I think an inherent flaw in BF3's stuff is that they simply didn't have more options when it came to anti-air/anti-vehicle. In Bad Company 2 you have a bajillion different types of rockets - pure unguided, pure guided, mostly-unguided but with lock-on when coupled with a tagging device, and they were all brilliant ways of diversifying gameplay while still making most of them viable. Heck, you could use mortars on vehicles and buildings, it was great.

I think that's where they need to improve on most, shore up the aspects that lack in variety - especially equipment. You can have a bajillion different guns, but all they'll do is shoot bullets in different ways. Adding equipment diversity can make the game far more complex and interesting.

As for the Battlelog thing, shit - I don't even mind if they use Origin for it. I use Origin to join friend's Mass Effect 3 games all the time, and it loads up the game and heads straight into character selection in multiplayer. It's quick, single-button entry and despite all the bullshit anti-hype about Origin at the very least it's uncluttered and doesn't have an overlay that takes obnoxiously long to load. Of course, it's not quite comparable to the lobby-based matchmaking that Battlefield has to deal with, but I really don't appreciate having to open a game manager and a browser manager just to open up a game.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I completely forgot about the Tag darts! Absolutely agree with you there.

I love battlefield 3 but the developmental side of it was so hit and miss. It was always to little or to much when it came to the nerf/buff cycle.
I.e. Nerf M16a3 > Buff M416 to be practically the same gun.

Personally I think they should have handled it like such.
Keep the stigla buff (400m range, 1 hit disable guarantee), Keep the Below radar nerf (stigla ignors it but it still works on other air vehicles). Keep gunner IR flares, I think that was the breaking point that gave stigla the edge. Since the netcode is ass and stigla can ignore perfectly timed counter measures having the gunner flare could actually make some of the igla take downs less "bull shitty" lol.

I agree that there needed to be more Infantry to vehicle options.
It takes around 14 M320 rounds to destroy a tank, About the same amount of HE X-bow rounds. 2-3 RPG if your positioning is ace, and ToW launchers are a 1 hit disable practically anywhere on the vehicle body for ground vehicles.

BF2 and BC2 had mounted weapons practically every where and it really helped out a ton. Its a shame BF3 only had Tow launchers in and just outside of Deployments and random flags. Heck some of those launchers were more useful to keep vehicles from leaving a deployment then defending a deployment (Bazaar Im looking at you).

BF3 aside, what I REALLY want from BF4 is real E-sports support. Spectator, Free cam and battle recorder need to happen.
I love what shoutcasters like Daskro are doing for the E-sports side of BF3 and would love to see what they can do for BF4 with a bit more Dice support.

Battlefield's E-sports scene is so intense and the gameplay available for viewing online is so tense, this is definitely one of the most strategic and skill intensive online games to play competitively and its an absolute shame DICE dropped the ball on this half of the game.

edit:
Just to show an example this is the second round from the recent CEVO finals for the 5 v 5 ladder , RiVL vs SA
In it Daskro (and minionBrett) are shoutcasting it in a game that has 0 support for what there doing and they do a phenomenal job at it.

Anyway its a really tense match (round 1 was amazing but 45 minutes) and I definitely recommend checking it out.

If anything atleast watch the push for B at 8:40-ish, absolutely awesome stuff :monster:

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Crash, our community manager tweeted this earlier. Its pretty much info we already knew but still worth noting I suppose.

ikNeKkSfc64iR.gif

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Mah boy Daskro got to go to E3 as a EA rep, they just released this video of him and some other guy shout casting some Alpha multiplayer gameplay. It looks really fantastic and best of all they show off some great stuff like the much needed free cam and spectator mode.

Some interesting things to note *lets keep in mind this is Alpha and may not make it into the final product*

- Players have much less Ammo, so its more like BF1942 and BF2 where ammo supplies will be much more crucial. Either that or you have to get used to picking up weapons off the ground and adapting to other players set ups.

- Commander mode upgrades - The more flags your team has the more tools your commander can use, basic level items seem to be infantry scans (think full map TUG/MAV scans). and higher tools would be Tomahawk missles, which should be like an artillery strike at key locations.

- Knife takedown counters - Now when you're getting your tags taken you can defend yourself. This was currently possible in BF3 but it involved exploiting lagging frames and hoping to get your knife swipe in before your tags were taken.

- Dynamic map bottle necks. I could think of what else to call this, essentially you can do things in game to slow down the pace of battle. In this video they demonstrate raising pillars in front of a bridge that would stop a tank from crossing. In order to bring it back down the tank driver would have to exit and access a panel.

This is similar to older strategies in BF2, like in Wake Island by destroying the bridges that connect multiple islands forcing tanks to take alternative routes or completely be unable to access certain sections of a map.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Visually and gameplay-wise it looks a lot like BF3 atm, but more professional somehow, as in, more suited for spectators. But, that's probably the new possible POV's, not so much the game itself. Curious about Commander mode, I liked the concept in BF2 and saw much more direction there than I'm seeing in BFBC2 and BF3 where, at least the times I play (and the way I play it), it's much more a free-for-all do-whatever-the-fuck-you-want. If commander mode gives definite benefits (even beyond just getting more points for following orders) over free-for-all, if not outright punishment for not following orders (could be in a separate game mode to not scare people off - but please, no admin kicks or votekicks or stuff like that), then I could definitely see the games become more organized and professional and whatnot.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Frostbite 3's show case video got released today.

Pretty interesting. Considering they delivered on all of the promises for Frostbite 2 two years ago Ill believe everything they mentioned in this video lol

Heres hoping the weapon sounds have a bit more kick though, in Bad company 2 some weapons just sounded so awesome but when they transitioned to FB2 those same weapons lost a bit of there iconic sound. Though to be fair I dont really know what those weapons sound like IRL so I cant say whether or not BC2 or BF3 sounded more accurate lol.

Top Bottom