Before Crisis on iPhone?

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
Before Crisis on iPhone?

Ok, so we've all see these types of topics before, but deal with it.

My question is; with the iPhone out and super popular, with it's camera and it's fancy touch screen and it's push for gaming and applications, do think there is any hope we could see Before Crisis on it?

.. Or is there at least more hope then before? >.< I don't even know the specifications that a phone needs anymore, it's been so long.

Re: Before Crisis on iPhone?

I would really appreciate this part of the compilation coming to us, but it wouldn't make me buy an iPhone. Some official script translations however would be spiffy, and at least more information from people who could play it.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada

I agree, a BC port to iphone wouldnt make it worth dropping the money for one.
Tis a shame there's been no updates recently on gunshotromance as I'm still waiting to read what happens next...

Still, even tho the chances are very, very slim, I'd have liked a port to psp or DS, tho I would settle for them turning it into a anime ;D (Cause yeah, I think everyone can agree that a Turks anime would rule something fierce!)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

With Apple's very popular and easy to use app store, I wouldn't doubt that there's a market for the game for a second. They'd have to port the game to work on Apple's phone though, which involves making it suitable for a different operating system and redoing the controls to use the touch screen. So they'd have to invest some into development, but I'm sure it would repay itself in time.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist

SE did release that "Song Summoner" game for the iPhone, so at least someone, somewhere is familiar with how to make apps for it. And the announcement of a Western development office gives me hopes that we'll one day see more and more of the JPN exclusive stuff.

The porting idea is something. I believe Square is reporting some big time losses on cellphone games, so it wouldn't surprise me if they chose alternatives.

I do believe they're porting the first KH cellphone game to the DS, or they're doing it with Coded, or something.

I guess the big difference would be whether they want to release it in chapter installments or as one big game.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I don't think KH Coded is getting ported, is it? That seems to be the only new mobile made that hasn't had a port announced, unlike the PSP ports for FF Agito XIII and The 3rd Birthday. But Coded is a big part of the 'Kingdom Hearts Mobile' service, so it sticking to mobile (for now) makes sense.

Back to BC, with the DSi's release, perhaps they're a chance for BC being release on it? It has a camera, so you wouldn't need to get rid of or change the picture/materia making feature. And the network stuff should still work, but if not it would still be make offline instead. It's not that graphically intense, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Except I don't own a DSi. Or an iPhone :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

I don't know if the camera of the DSi is gonna be used for games...
It would make a BC port incompatible to all the other DS models, so that'd be kinda ghey.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

True, but the DSi is kinda incompatible with the other DSes, :monster:.

It would be possible to make it backwards compatible, but they'd have to add a camera to the game cartridge.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Just take out the camera stuff, make people draw for their materia instead then :monster:

Or PSP with free camera accessory :monster:

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer

I want to play BC SOOOO much~~Maybe not enough to buy an iphone but I do wish they'd think of some way to let people play it...not that it really matters for me because my phone right now is way to ghetto. :-[

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

BC for the Nokia 5300 ExpressMusic plzkthx. ^_^

Seriously, I think it could handle it. BC graphics aren't too out there for it to work.

rickysee

Rookie Adventurer

I prefer BC to be released on DSi rather than on mobile phone.

Oh btw, Song Summoner is only compatible with Ipod Classic and Ipod Nano not IPhone. I have the game in my Ipod Classic.

Top Bottom